Valentine's Day

Started by 118cmal, February 03, 2009, 01:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 03, 2009, 03:33:03 PM
Valentines Day is a joke...
Any man that goes and spends money on flowers or dinner just because its that day are seriously under the thumb in a big way IMHO and really need to grow a set...
I tell you what for those of you who are stupid enough to spend a fortune on roses,I have some growing in my back garden I'll sell them for €5 a rose  ::)

Well said! It's the most idiotic day of the year.  It's when Hallmark/Cadbury/Thortons or whoever team up to fleece the simple ones in society, I say good luck to them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

rossie mad

its up there with xmas and  mothers and fathers day as the biggest money making scams of all time.i have a serious predicament this year as the powers that be in the gaa fixed the ros limerick national league game for 14 feb.went home to herself after offaly game last sunday and declared that we were going to limerick for valentines.she asked why i went head long in saying that the rossies were playing.even offered to spend a couple of nites in hotel down there.went down like a lead baloon.she started talking to me again this afternoon. ::) i now know i shud have kept queit about the game.seemingly after all these years im finding out that this bloody day does actualy mean sumthin to her.a few years ago i thought id be the real romantic and i splashed out 80 notes on flowers delivered to her at work.a few weeks after we were in tesco she turns around and she points at sum excuse for a boutique of flowers and declares that i should have bought the flowers there instead and save my money.i nearly strangled her there and then.so now i have to make a choice go to a game i really want to go to or incure the wrath of a very strong willed woman and thats a mild description of her. :-\

pintsofguinness

Quotea few years ago i thought id be the real romantic and i splashed out 80 notes on flowers delivered to her at work.
WHAT!
80 quid on Flowers?
f**king Hell.  If I took my woman home a bunch of flowers worth 80 quid she'd beat me round the head with them for wasting the money!

A lot of yous remind me of the boys I work with.  Said on here before, thursday and friday at work is spent discussing whether they'll be allowed to go for a  pint after work on Friday, all day Monday is spent discussing the silent treatment they got until Saturday lunchtime because they were a hour late home on Friday (and I mean a hour, not falling in the door in the early hours of saturday morning).  What their girlfriends arent allowing them to do this week is also a major topic of conversation.
I use to to think it was an English thing but judging by some of the posts here it's not. 

Double Cross

pints and his "woman" pictured earlier

muppet

Quote from: Double Cross on February 03, 2009, 07:49:23 PM
pints and his "woman" pictured earlier

Couldn't be Pints, he can't cook.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Double cross I thought you were posting under "Cúig huaire" now?

:D

leenie

Quote from: SidelineKick on February 03, 2009, 05:21:23 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on February 03, 2009, 01:11:20 PM
Going out for a meal on Valentines night is a joke. Set menus, rushed in pushed out. I'd rather cook then go out for a meal a night or two later, I did that last year.

Wouldnt be big into buying gifts for this particular day, a nice card with a thoughtful message from your good self on it.  She'll appreciate that.

Quote from: leenie on February 03, 2009, 05:13:18 PM
imo......... bulters chocolates are the biggest waste of money... so don't get her them...

nearly 30 euro for a box of eight! (only time i ever contemplated asking for the receipt) but then again i don't like chocolate!

I got a card once with some lovely sentiments written that alot of thought had went into,  and it was much better than the present....

but i'd be an old romantic!

I am good  8)

;)  SSSssssshhhhhh!!!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Double Cross

Sorry but my Irish isnt great.  ;) Maybe you cold translate for me.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 02, 2009, 09:19:32 PM
I think I could carry out the perfect murder, I think about it often.

The only thing you could murder is a bargain bucket.

pintsofguinness

You read anyone's posts but mine?  ::)

Double Cross

Who do you think about murdering fatty? All those poor Presbyterians who lost their life savings? Those "British" people you work with, who dont see you as a foreigner, or anyone else who doesnt share your warped view of the world  :D
You really sound like a pleasant chap.  ::)

rossie mad

Quote from: rossie mad on February 03, 2009, 07:28:45 PM
its up there with xmas and  mothers and fathers day as the biggest money making scams of all time.i have a serious predicament this year as the powers that be in the gaa fixed the ros limerick national league game for 14 feb.went home to herself after offaly game last sunday and declared that we were going to limerick for valentines.she asked why i went head long in saying that the rossies were playing.even offered to spend a couple of nites in hotel down there.went down like a lead baloon.she started talking to me again this afternoon. ::) i now know i shud have kept queit about the game.seemingly after all these years im finding out that this bloody day does actualy mean sumthin to her.a few years ago i thought id be the real romantic and i splashed out 80 notes on flowers delivered to her at work.a few weeks after we were in tesco she turns around and she points at sum excuse for a boutique of flowers and declares that i should have bought the flowers there instead and save my money.i nearly strangled her there and then.so now i have to make a choice go to a game i really want to go to or incure the wrath of a very strong willed woman and thats a mild description of her. :-\
Said on here before, thursday and friday at work is spent discussing whether they'll be allowed to go for a  pint after work on Friday, all day Monday is spent discussing the silent treatment they got until Saturday lunchtime because they were a hour late home on Friday (and I mean a hour, not falling in the door in the early hours of saturday morning).  What their girlfriends arent allowing them to do this week is also a major topic of conversation

in fairness pints me and herself are fairly laid back so the above isnt the case wit me.just pointing out the fact that most years she cudnt give a fiddlers about valentines but this year she does because i put the rossies before her.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Double Cross on February 03, 2009, 08:20:18 PM
Who do you think about murdering fatty? All those poor Presbyterians who lost their life savings? Those "British" people you work with, who dont see you as a foreigner, or anyone else who doesnt share your warped view of the world  :D
You remind me of 5ivetimes.  You wouldnt be a coward too by any chance?  :D

leenie

Quote from: Double Cross on February 03, 2009, 08:20:18 PM

politely i ask ... could you please bugger off and not ruin this thread... its irritating and annoying!

many thanks
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

No woman's worth it lads. Get something with the money for yourselves.
Testing Accessibility

downgirl

rossie mad, you are just right putting the match first, sure Valentine's Day is so commercial it's unreal.  I would only be delighted to be taken to the down match on valentine's...hope that doesn't make me a mucksavage!!  :D