Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Degrassi Hi

WT4E - So sorry for your loss and condolences to all of his close relatives and the wider Kildress club family & friends.  Your club has had so many dark days to overcome in recent years but you all have the support of the wider GAA community. RIP Matty

God14

desperate sad news, ive thought about him and his family so much since the news broke on Saturday evening.

Condolences WT4E.

square_ball

Condolences to you WT4E. I didn't know him but of course knew of his footballing ability over the years and you always come across on the board as his biggest fan. The type of loss a club will never get over. Of course all that pales into insignificance the loss he is to his family, partner and friends. RIP Matty. Look after yourself WT4E.

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on December 04, 2023, 02:00:40 PMif that's the case, its just another continuation of the muppet show that's up in garvaghy,,, and they'll probably confirm the week before the first age group are out like last year
makes no sense with tyrone minors out in march and likely one of the local schools still in Mcrory/hogan..

is this to coincide with other counties?

Are county minors u17?
mcrory is u19 or u19.5 so neither directly coincide with u18.

This year we have minors still ongoing with lads already away at college.

It makes sense and was traditional to have u14 and u18 first with u16 during the summer, after GCSE's finished.

TyroneClubs

Heartbreaking stuff. He hasn't left my head since I heard, the poor family and girlfriend and of course all who knew him. A terrible tragedy, life is so cruel at times and it's hard to get your head round things like this when a young lad had everything in front of him. Look after yourselves up there and know that Kildress are in the minds of many

Quote from: WT4E on December 05, 2023, 04:07:27 PMStill doesn't feel real.

In my time on this board I've had lots of opinions and craic but the day has come where I never thought I'd be typing something so hard.

Matty has left us.

On occasion I was accused of being Matty and when he would read posters saying that him and I would laugh – that was the type of lad he was he took it all in his stride.

He would read this board and text do you see what they are talking about now! 😊 Write you something on there for the craic.

The Tones have lost their Star
A family has lost such a good Lad
A girlfriend has lost the love of her life from they where 15
And I've lost my best friend!

RIP Matty! Til we meet again!!!

rrhf

WT4E
Such a talent, such a person and such a tragedy for you all to deal with in Kildress... Please just know how much the clubs in Tyrone and the wider GAA family are thinking of your people these dark days.. May Matty rest in peace...     

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tyrone Gaa

Anyone from Omagh club here than can comment on why they have a motion at convention trying to change or review the straight knockout championship??

Are they not getting enough half time draws? I hope it's thrown out without further discussion. Why would anyone tamper with the best club championship in Ireland?

A heads gone moment
Living the dream!!!

thewobbler

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 05, 2023, 10:16:08 PMAnyone from Omagh club here than can comment on why they have a motion at convention trying to change or review the straight knockout championship??

Are they not getting enough half time draws? I hope it's thrown out without further discussion. Why would anyone tamper with the best club championship in Ireland?

A heads gone moment

Saw that earlier on Twitter and was wondering the same.

Tyrone clubs should only need to look at the teams in the Ulster championship the past decade, to realise that group stages and back doors do not help anyone win championships apart from the clear favourites.

ranch

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 05, 2023, 08:21:36 PMWhat happened to him?

Natural causes by all accounts. Terribly sad for his family and partner.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on December 05, 2023, 10:16:08 PMAnyone from Omagh club here than can comment on why they have a motion at convention trying to change or review the straight knockout championship??

A heads gone moment

May well have hit the nail on the head here. There can't be any other reason for them to motion that other than the reason of gathering more income with games.  On the football front they wouldn't even come out of a group stage most years & the only chance they have of nipping a team in the top 7/8 now is by a straight knockout.  They do have some good youth coming through but still a long way of the top teams.

trailer

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 06, 2023, 07:49:35 AM

A heads gone moment

May well have hit the nail on the head here. There can't be any other reason for them to motion that other than the reason of gathering more income with games.  On the football front they wouldn't even come out of a group stage most years & the only chance they have of nipping a team in the top 7/8 now is by a straight knockout.  They do have some good youth coming through but still a long way of the top teams.

Omagh ought to look at the facilities it has for spectators. Last game I was at there, there was no light in the men's toilets.
At one of the Tyrone games the toilets on the terraced side consisted of 3 separate urinals for about 5000 people. Again no light.
A piss poor experience.

WeeDonns

Quote from: trailer on December 06, 2023, 09:00:05 AMOmagh ought to look at the facilities it has for spectators. Last game I was at there, there was no light in the men's toilets.
At one of the Tyrone games the toilets on the terraced side consisted of 3 separate urinals for about 5000 people. Again no light.
A piss poor experience.
They've done a great job with Healy Park in recent years and they are to be commended, but I'd have to agree with you on the above.
Every time I've been recently, taking kids to the toilets has been a mission - from lack of lights to broken toilet seats & of course no toilet roll

5times5times

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 06, 2023, 09:17:51 AM
Quote from: trailer on December 06, 2023, 09:00:05 AMOmagh ought to look at the facilities it has for spectators. Last game I was at there, there was no light in the men's toilets.
A piss poor experience.
They've done a great job with Healy Park in recent years and they are to be commended, but I'd have to agree with you on the above.
Every time I've been recently, taking kids to the toilets has been a mission - from lack of lights to broken toilet seats & of course no toilet roll

Sh1t stand
Sh1t pitch - sandy beach
Sh1t facilities
Sh1t traffic routes

LeoMc

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 06, 2023, 07:49:35 AM

A heads gone moment

With new lights being installed in Dungannon they should lose their monopoly on Friday night championship games.