Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakingball

It's no surprise at all, but at the same time it's shocking they didn't manage to get a team out. Half their team is made up of 50 year olds and basques. At what point do you draw the line?

paddyjohn

Quote from: breakingball on August 25, 2017, 10:08:39 PM
It's no surprise at all, but at the same time it's shocking they didn't manage to get a team out. Half their team is made up of 50 year olds and basques. At what point do you draw the line?

Exactly, watched them a few times in Div3 and they turn up with bare 15 or less!

country bumpkin

See we are on the 'night shift' again :'(

breakingball

weekend football championship predictions

sarsfields to beat pearses 10+
lisburn to beat st aggies by 3
cargin to beat aghagallon by 10
st galls to beat lamh dhearg by 3
dunloy to beat antrim by 10
st endas to beat st brigids by 3
moneyglass to beat gort by 6
creggan to beat ahoghill by 6
st johns to beat glenavy by 6
ballymena to beat glenravel by 10+

Hectic

Quote from: breakingball on August 29, 2017, 02:27:30 PM
weekend football championship predictions

sarsfields to beat pearses 10+ - agree
lisburn to beat st aggies by 3 - more
cargin to beat aghagallon by 10 - again probably not far off
st galls to beat lamh dhearg by 3 - at least
dunloy to beat antrim by 10 - I would say single figure win for Dunloy
st endas to beat st brigids by 3 - this game could go wither way
moneyglass to beat gort by 6 - might be closer
creggan to beat ahoghill by 6 - Creggan by more
st johns to beat glenavy by 6 - St Johns by more
ballymena to beat glenravel by 10+ - yeah this could be a cricket score

imtommygunn

Lamh dearg beat st galls by 4 in what was apparently a clinker of a game. Is this the first time this century anyone bar cargin has beat st galls??

Christmas Lights

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2017, 09:07:56 PM
Lamh dearg beat st galls by 4 in what was apparently a clinker of a game. Is this the first time this century anyone bar cargin has beat st galls??

See my earlier long live the kings post. This was expected. It's not a shock.

imtommygunn

Yeah sorry didn't read back. Still thought st galls in championship might beat them. Cargin got it tighter than expected from lamh dhearg.

Fair play to lisburn in a county final.

bannside

Good game at Corrigan alright. Big crowd and perfect conditions. Lamhs deserved winners especially after clawing back from seven points down after only a few minutes.

country bumpkin

Cargin got it tight against a good Aghagallon side.......they do look a side with a future...

Brendan Crossan got it dead right.....

imtommygunn

On another note it is very rare people have been talking about a good game in the antrim football championship...

Milltown Row2

I wasn't at it, our club had 3 games on at the same time, so I watched our minors progress to the final of the minor b hurling final... cracking game, was updated by Antrim twitter and others at the game... seems to been an error stricken game, 5 goals!! That will surely boost Lamhs confidence been 25 years since they last beat us... good luck to them. Cargin stumbled but havevthe experience to get out on top!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Galer

End of an era for stgalls and maybe 4 antrim football.they did put antrim club football on a prov.and all ireland stage.a great team over the last 15 years with exceptional players regardless of the clubs they originated from.well done

reddog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2017, 08:34:47 AM
I wasn't at it, our club had 3 games on at the same time, so I watched our minors progress to the final of the minor b hurling final... cracking game, was updated by Antrim twitter and others at the game... seems to been an error stricken game, 5 goals!! That will surely boost Lamhs confidence been 25 years since they last beat us... good luck to them. Cargin stumbled but havevthe experience to get out on top!

A long time but not 25 years. Lamhs won qf 1999 by 8 or 9 but your sentiment is true

bannside

It was a good game ITG. Is this golden era for St Galls is finally over? You had Aoghan Gallagher, Terry O Neill, Ciaran Mc Gourty, Sean Kelly, Colin Brady, Kevin Niblock all on the pitch at the end last night, and you have to wonder will they have the appetite to go on much longer, especially with a chest full of medals in the drawer and the knowledge that Father Time might have caught up on them. The heart might be willing but the legs will have the final say on that.

If they do call it a day, then they do so with a legacy that will possibly never be replaced in Antrim football. Its not my place to write their epitaph, individually or collectively, as one or two may plough on for another year or two, but its clear the writing is on the wall. Having said that Sean Kelly looked like a teenager on the pitch last night and should have played the full game. And Niblock, who was the pivotal reason Galls got past us (Casements) in the preliminary round, was only on the pitch for the last ten minutes. Had Kelly been on earlier, and Nibs been fit, a different result last night would not have surprised me.

Challenge now for LD is to see if they can kick on themselves now they have this monkey finally off their back.