Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leftbackno4

Some big talk from St Galls  –Best team in Belfast (Rossa will be gutted to hear this!), putting boys on their hole, controversial players and everything as usual was the Johnnies fault, I'm looking forward to their next game already :D !

No mention of the cowardly and vicious pull that caused a serious injury at the start of the game when the ref only gave a yellow and St Galls were that embarrassed they substituted the offender?  Next up was a St Galls player who 'clotheslined' another player and the ref  awarded the  free but instead of showing a standard yellow card asked him not to do it again.

To be fair to the players, the rest game was played as you would expect a local derby to be played and St Galls were good value for their lead. I think the frustration of the petty fouling in the final few minutes when St Johns went looking for a goal, lead to the bit of a 'shemozzle' and the ref just got bored waiting on the sides to separate and pick up their handbags. Done no one any favours in the long run and everyone playing in a hurling game should have the expectation of being able to go to work the next day.

paddyjohn

The post above & also the news coming out of the Antrim camp....

Batten down the hatches, it could be a long few days on here!

Seamroga in exile

I hear paddy power got a wile rattle at the weekend.  :-X
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2016, 04:25:23 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 22, 2016, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: Last Man on March 22, 2016, 01:13:37 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 22, 2016, 09:29:42 AM
:)

You North Antrim boys can't produce a pre-season Feis quite like this!

:)

Maybe its just me but if any of this true the perpetrators should be ashamed of themselves for demeaning the memory of Jim Nelson. It will be interesting to see how the CCC handle it.

+1
Regardless of each Club's different version of events - that much is 100% correct !

Your club wasn't involved  ;)

If I was in a position in any Club I would be dealing with it.
Interesting to see how that goes.
I might even put a bet on it ;)

paddyjohn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 22, 2016, 07:09:47 PM

So did Arthur Guinness & Capt Morgan! Be careful what you send via Whatsapp..

theskull1

I heard that as well ... jesus feckin christ. If found to be true ... I'd ban them for life.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ardtole

Im just reading between the lines, I hope im reading them wrong.

btdtgtt

A few bookies were hoping they read something wrong too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Leftbackno4 on March 22, 2016, 06:34:32 PM
Some big talk from St Galls  –Best team in Belfast (Rossa will be gutted to hear this!), putting boys on their hole, controversial players and everything as usual was the Johnnies fault, I'm looking forward to their next game already :D !

No mention of the cowardly and vicious pull that caused a serious injury at the start of the game when the ref only gave a yellow and St Galls were that embarrassed they substituted the offender?  Next up was a St Galls player who 'clotheslined' another player and the ref  awarded the  free but instead of showing a standard yellow card asked him not to do it again.

To be fair to the players, the rest game was played as you would expect a local derby to be played and St Galls were good value for their lead. I think the frustration of the petty fouling in the final few minutes when St Johns went looking for a goal, lead to the bit of a 'shemozzle' and the ref just got bored waiting on the sides to separate and pick up their handbags. Done no one any favours in the long run and everyone playing in a hurling game should have the expectation of being able to go to work the next day.

You didn't see the sarcasm in my post but hey, I expect nothing else ;D.... That petty foul at the end which gave one of our players 8 stitches across the elbow, you think it was ok??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

I know what your talking about. It's a disgrace but this forum isn't the place dude
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

f**king shocking!!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 22, 2016, 08:22:08 PM

I know what your talking about. It's a disgrace but this forum isn't the place dude
?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Just after hearing this myself.

If it's true by Jesus there will be hell to pay.
hurl like f**k boi!

Leftbackno4

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2016, 08:03:44 PM
Quote from: Leftbackno4 on March 22, 2016, 06:34:32 PM

You didn't see the sarcasm in my post but hey, I expect nothing else ;D.... That petty foul at the end which gave one of our players 8 stitches across the elbow, you think it was ok??

Ah now MR2 don't be like that....as a principle I don't like to engage in the petty politics of selective condemnation, but just for you it wasn't OK and wasn't justified in any way, but hey just trying to bring a bit balance. Looking forward to the reciprocation  :)

Saffrongael

Just players i take it? Wouldn't be the first time
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come