Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: MoChara on March 23, 2016, 10:26:38 AM
This Cloak and dagger stuff creates more rumors than it suppresses lol

TBH what I heard was that it was reasonably common knowledge that there were a few hurlers not traveling due to stag parties and other things and that Antrim would be severely weakened and that London would be a good bet.
I don't think it was any more sinister than that in so much as some of the lads playing were going to intentionally throw the game and a 2 point defeat isn't exactly downing the tools!
I was surprised at the source of such information though!

MoChara

Quote from: johnneycool on March 23, 2016, 10:40:57 AM

TBH what I heard was that it was reasonably common knowledge that there were a few hurlers not traveling due to stag parties and other things and that Antrim would be severely weakened and that London would be a good bet.
I don't think it was any more sinister than that in so much as some of the lads playing were going to intentionally throw the game and a 2 point defeat isn't exactly downing the tools!

Fair enough, hopefully its properly investigated.

Sleeping giant

balls!!!!   2/3 starters had a lot of money on London.  Fact!!!  No matter of stag or who was missing for whatever reason. There was 15 lads on the field, dockets getting waived about the place after is the reason it's out.  Players done it and don't seem to give a f**k who knows. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 23, 2016, 01:09:08 PM

balls!!!!   2/3 starters had a lot of money on London.  Fact!!!  No matter of stag or who was missing for whatever reason. There was 15 lads on the field, dockets getting waived about the place after is the reason it's out.  Players done it and don't seem to give a f**k who knows.

Agreed I can't beleave that posters on here trying to make light of it
It's an absolute embarrassment and correct me if Imm wrong but illegal
Things are at an all time low
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

johnneycool

Well you obviously know more and if what you're saying is true, then that's a whole different ball game and indeed illegal..

Those 2/3rds should never pull on the jersey again!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 23, 2016, 01:13:18 PM

Agreed I can't beleave that posters on here trying to make light of it
It's an absolute embarrassment and correct me if Imm wrong but illegal
Things are at an all time low
players not performing is one thing. Manager not preforming is another.  This is without question the worst I've ever seen or heard tell of within the county.  An embarrassment is right.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

I don't know about 2/3 but there was more than one
Putting on a jersey to represent you county and therefore your club as well and then have financial gain through illegal means is as shameful as it gets

The county board better get the perpetrators by whatever means
If this is brushed under the carpet Imm going to no more matches end of 

Milltown Row2

so was this happening in the last few games or were we just shit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 23, 2016, 01:24:05 PM
Putting on a jersey to represent you county and therefore your club as well and then have financial gain through illegal means is as shameful as it gets

mmmmm if its more than 1 then surely 2/3 is a good estimate  :P lol

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: themac_23 on March 23, 2016, 01:54:10 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 23, 2016, 01:24:05 PM

mmmmm if its more than 1 then surely 2/3 is a good estimate  :P lol

Sorry I read it as two thirds of the squad
My fault

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2016, 01:49:54 PM
so was this happening in the last few games or were we just shit?

That's very hard to know isn't it
The truth is very cloudy and the players that bust a gut will get tared with the same brush

theskull1

Pull the team out of competition.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on March 23, 2016, 02:22:17 PM

Imm finding it hard for an argument against that
I bring my kid to some matches and he looks up to some of our county players
I haven't the guts to tell him what's happening at the minute
It's a slap in the face for everyone involved in juvenile development squads to

Sickening the whole thing

theboss11

Insider betting, drugs and a bad manager. Why would any self respecting player want to play for Antrim?

glens73

Quote from: theskull1 on March 23, 2016, 02:22:17 PM

I'd tend to disagree with you on this one, while understanding your reasoning. However, in a situation like this you might well be right. Surely  at the very least the sponsors would have some recourse?