Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: general_lee on November 03, 2022, 11:28:46 PM
I know of a involving an east Tyrone club where a player was brought to court for "assaulting" a member of the opposition.
Said member of opposition had spent the duration of the game bullying a player much physically smaller than him, his teammate swapped positions for a few minutes and gave him a thump resulting in a broken jaw, PSNI called and court case ensued.

And what was the outcome ? If it went to court there's nothing preventing you naming all

trailer

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 03, 2022, 11:47:12 PM
I know of a involving an east Tyrone club where a player was brought to court for "assaulting" a member of the opposition.
Said member of opposition had spent the duration of the game bullying a player much physically smaller than him, his teammate swapped positions for a few minutes and gave him a thump resulting in a broken jaw, PSNI called and court case ensued.

And what was the outcome ? If it went to court there's nothing preventing you naming all

I vaguely remember something like that. IFRC when that same team played a few other clubs the away changing rooms had pics up. You know the ones with RUC and a circle and slash through it. The intimidation was quite bad.
Anyway next time I go to a Clonoe game I'll be sure to bring a gun and shoot a few people. Anything seems to go according to The Prodigy.

the prodigy

Quote from: trailer on November 04, 2022, 09:06:07 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on November 03, 2022, 11:47:12 PM

I vaguely remember something like that. IFRC when that same team played a few other clubs the away changing rooms had pics up. You know the ones with RUC and a circle and slash through it. The intimidation was quite bad.
Anyway next time I go to a Clonoe game I'll be sure to bring a gun and shoot a few people. Anything seems to go according to The Prodigy.

my god! what an imbecile! 

Stan

It's not difficult to stray far from the core point - any kind of punch to the face on a football field breaks the rules of our sport and is against our civil law.

It still happens bon the field ecause gaelic football is a sport with physicality at its essence...it happens with fans occasionally because it evokes passion and that too can be hard to contain.

The county board on the other hand are fit for Fcuk all...

If my son got clipped from behind, lost teeth and was out of work / lost earnings...FOR EXAMPLE...I'd be straight onto the PSNI and a lawyer....county board are spineless, jobsworth sheep - with the odd exception...and unfortunately in a committee environment the 'exception' is usually ignored.

Tyrone Gaa

How long do the CCC take to issue sanctions? The game was almost a week ago now and not a peep from Tyrone, Moy or Clonoe.

Newspapers and online media have ran with it, but there is no idea when we can expect an outcome. Surely it must be due very soon or could it be issued and everyone is tight lipped.

Newspapers maybe have no real interest just see a quick story and a good way to lay a boot into the GAA. Hoganstand just scroll round looking stories they don't do their own journalism. Teamtalk are afraid to tackle with anything controversial. They'll never address what is currently the biggest story in Tyrone GAA club football.
Living the dream!!!

ClubScene13

It'll be a new story on Monday, best believe. Another round of games and the talking point will move on to who is looking good for promotion / relegation, what way Stewartstown got on in Ulster. That's just the way it goes.

Stan

I'll take much of that into consideration when I make my next post

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 04, 2022, 11:11:47 AM
I'm not sure that's fair and is short sighted.
Every county has the same problem and always has so that would suggest that the problem goes way beyond the people currently sitting on your county board.
The rules and sanctions need ripped up and started over at national level.

It's an odd post too, Stan. You are sort of making excuses for the people actually carrying out the assaults and entirely blaming another group of people.

PMG1

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 04, 2022, 11:21:43 AM
How long do the CCC take to issue sanctions? The game was almost a week ago now and not a peep from Tyrone, Moy or Clonoe.

Newspapers and online media have ran with it, but there is no idea when we can expect an outcome. Surely it must be due very soon or could it be issued and everyone is tight lipped.

Newspapers maybe have no real interest just see a quick story and a good way to lay a boot into the GAA. Hoganstand just scroll round looking stories they don't do their own journalism. Teamtalk are afraid to tackle with anything controversial. They'll never address what is currently the biggest story in Tyrone GAA club football.
The sanction will likely have already been issued, but as with all sanctions the only people that willl know it are the Clonoe club secretary, the play involved (presuming the club secretary tells him), and the ccc. The CCC doesn't publish sanctions anywhere

smort

Moy playing Clonoe in an u15 final this morning!

trailer

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 06, 2022, 08:39:17 PM
Poor game today in Trillick - probably our worst performance on the field this year and Drumragh were only a little better, but were otherwise worthy winners. At least the promotion play-off game between Pomeroy & Edendork in Killeeshil sounded better, going right to the wire.

Honourable mentions to the Carrickmore hurliers beating Lisbellaw (Fer) in the Ulster IHC quarter-final as well as Stewartstown winning in Park Esler last night against Teconnaught (Down) in the Ulster JFC quarter-final, commiserations to the Dungannon hurlers losing out to Setanta (Don) in the Ulster JHC and also to the Clonoe ladies footballers in the Ulster JFC final.

So the Tyrone adult club football season concludes next weekend with Moy vs. Edendork in the Div 1/2 play-off & Clogher vs. Drumragh in the Div 2/3 play-off.

Are these at neutral venues?

BIGONE

Drumragh V Clogher - Saturday 1:30pm in Beragh
Moy V Edendork - Saturday 1:30pm in Donaghmore

trailer

Quote from: BIGONE on November 07, 2022, 11:47:58 AM

Thanks

BIGONE

Is it true the cops are involved in the Clonoe/Moy saga?

The Coddfather

Quote from: BIGONE on November 08, 2022, 10:56:15 AM
Is it true the cops are involved in the Clonoe/Moy saga?

I hope not. However, it wouldn't be out of character from a club full of stoops like the Moy.

bogball88

Quote from: BIGONE on November 07, 2022, 11:47:58 AM
Any thoughts/predicitions on these 2?