Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Stan on November 02, 2022, 11:00:12 PM
If there was a call to go to the PSNI to pursue an assault charge, as a matter of interest, how would everyone feel about that?
Curious to see what the appetite on here would be to go down that route.
Not sure what value the county board would bring here to be honest

Personally I wouldn't ever want to see the police involved in any GAA matter, I do on this occasion understand why it could be an option. Both 1 punch cases and the outcomes for both victims are horrendous. However the GAA and this case Tyrone GAA need to show they are capable of self policing. This won't see the moy manager or injured player get paid damages but if the sanctions handed down are severe enough they should feel justice has been done, and also set a precedent for the future.

I don't believe any player takes to the field with intent do hurt or maim another player, they are victims of circumstance. However no player should take to a pitch and not be able to go to work the next day/month due to the reckless decisions of an individual who is unable to have self control over their emotions.

Belfast Telegraph in their article have asked the moy and Clonoe for statements, it will be interesting to see if those are forthcoming and how the CCC deal with the matter.
Living the dream!!!

Wildweasel74

Prodigy when you see the news tomorrow. Maybe u attitude to a man getting struck once will change, player has no right to strike any player. Its supporters like you, who are the GAA biggest problem, foreby the 2 lads who hit the Injured persons.

Wildweasel74

Why no police Involvement Tyrone GAA? These clowns think they can Injure people without consequences. Assaults on the field especially serious ones need reported to the police, same as happen on a Saturday soccer match.

Eire90

sadly some probably think its a bit of banter.

BIGONE

trailer

Quote from: ClubScene13 on November 02, 2022, 08:34:50 PM
Interesting to see what should come of it now. In terms of guidelines and rule books I really don't know what can be done outside of the obvious lengthy individual suspensions, which will likely be handed out.

Anything beyond this would be breaking new ground and more than likely result in appeals.
Worth noting the Moy had a player sent off for striking in the same incident, so that adds another layer to how this is dealt with.

Bottom line, the injuries incurred are unacceptable. I do struggle however to differentiate between one incident and another purely down to "damage caused" per se.

If a game this weekend has a similar one punch striking incident, are we to say this is fine as long as the player felled gets back on his feet and carries on? Obviously it is not fine, but this is normally the attitude with these things, as they happen regularly throughout a year's football. This one is especially tricky due to what happened the two lads, which again, should never happen at a football match.

All in all I wouldn't foresee much more than the usual lengthy individual punishments, what else can you do within the realms of sensible application of rules?

You know what will happen. Same as with every other incident, sweet FA and then it will all happen again somewhere else and somewhere else and the GAA will wonder why they have a problem. I understand Doris from Clonoe is finished now anyway.
The issue is much bigger than Moy v Clonoe or Tyrone GAA. It needs a national strategy, coupled with heavy sanctions from HQ for player and club. Stamp it right out before there is a fatality. 

Under Lights

Any Clonoe suspensions won't carry as happened in D1 and they are now a D2 club

Is any of their under age teams in Grade 1?

Tyrone Gaa

Does anyone actually know what sanctions are possible within the GAA disciplinary guide?

Could Clonoe see their pitch closed?
What is the maximum ban the 2 perpetrators can face?

These things can't be made up off the cuff, there will be guidance the CCC have to follow.
Living the dream!!!

RedHand88

Quote from: Under Lights on November 03, 2022, 09:43:16 AM

If that's true then that's ridiculous. That loophole should be closed.

Throw It Up Ref

Quote from: trailer on November 03, 2022, 09:23:52 AM
Interesting to see what should come of it now. In terms of guidelines and rule books I really don't know what can be done outside of the obvious lengthy individual suspensions, which will likely be handed out.

Anything beyond this would be breaking new ground and more than likely result in appeals.
Worth noting the Moy had a player sent off for striking in the same incident, so that adds another layer to how this is dealt with.

Bottom line, the injuries incurred are unacceptable. I do struggle however to differentiate between one incident and another purely down to "damage caused" per se.

If a game this weekend has a similar one punch striking incident, are we to say this is fine as long as the player felled gets back on his feet and carries on? Obviously it is not fine, but this is normally the attitude with these things, as they happen regularly throughout a year's football. This one is especially tricky due to what happened the two lads, which again, should never happen at a football match.

All in all I wouldn't foresee much more than the usual lengthy individual punishments, what else can you do within the realms of sensible application of rules?

You know what will happen. Same as with every other incident, sweet FA and then it will all happen again somewhere else and somewhere else and the GAA will wonder why they have a problem. I understand Doris from Clonoe is finished now anyway.
The issue is much bigger than Moy v Clonoe or Tyrone GAA. It needs a national strategy, coupled with heavy sanctions from HQ for player and club. Stamp it right out before there is a fatality.

I would assume the same problems occur all over the country. No linesmen or neutral umpires at league games meaning the referee has no chance of seeing many of these incidents unfold. A lot of the time even when there are neutral officials and incidents are seen yellow cards are issued rather than the appropriate action. We're effectively telling our club players that we can't guarantee their wellbeing because our referees can't see everything that is going on.

One of the incidents in the weekends game was seen and a red card issued but the punishments don't tally with the actions.

BIGONE

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 03, 2022, 09:52:27 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on November 03, 2022, 09:43:16 AM

If that's true then that's ridiculous. That loophole should be closed.

Think that is only the case for smaller 1 and 2 game bans? Bigger suspensions carry over in to all competitions i think?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on November 03, 2022, 10:00:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on November 03, 2022, 09:23:52 AM

I would assume the same problems occur all over the country. No linesmen or neutral umpires at league games meaning the referee has no chance of seeing many of these incidents unfold. A lot of the time even when there are neutral officials and incidents are seen yellow cards are issued rather than the appropriate action. We're effectively telling our club players that we can't guarantee their wellbeing because our referees can't see everything that is going on.

One of the incidents in the weekends game was seen and a red card issued but the punishments don't tally with the actions.

Referee was assisted by linesmen and umpires last weekend
Living the dream!!!

Man Marker

The ref will have sent them off for striking. Striking carries a one match ban in the same grade at the same level. If they have been sent off for a similar offence in the past 12 months its doubled. I think?

smort

If striking is a one game ban then that's were the problem is. 1 game is no deterrence at all.
Is that length of ban stipulated at an allireland level or is it up to each county?

WT4E