Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 31, 2022, 10:18:40 PM
In house management is the way forward. The sooner clubs wake upto that the more money there will be for grassroots development. Obviously there will be clubs that need to look for assistance, but if there are guys available within any club they should be the 1st contact.

There are guys doing the management circuit stealing a living. Keep money in the clubs and invest in the facilities.

What would the average cost of a manager be, for a senior team?

£1,000 a month? I know some team are paying more and paying multiple men.

Tyrone Gaa

I'd imagine a manager/trainer setup would cost a club in and around 15k per season.

That's before any other costs such as physio. We have seen examples of extra coaching such as strength and conditioning coaches, goalkeeper coaches, nutritionists. You couldn't imagine what amounts those clubs shell out.

Only 1 club can win a championship, so there are gonna be 15 losers. Some clubs be happy with a league so 14 losers.

That's a huge gamble with club funds, imagine what investment in club development could be achieved with that money annually.

What's the price of success?
Living the dream!!!

God14

Quote from: square_ball on October 31, 2022, 08:04:21 AM
Quote from: Gold on October 31, 2022, 12:22:22 AM

Brian Conway for CM was collosal when he came on at the break, huge reason why they came back into it,  serious player

I thought that he was very good when he came in as well though he was very poor for the EC 2nd goal Ben McDonnell got past him far too easily. But you're right a serious player. Not be far from a county call up in the future.

Is Conway still eligible for the county U20's next year? Pretty sure Lorcan McGarritty and James DOnaghy are

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: toby47 on November 01, 2022, 09:12:01 AM
In house management is the way forward. The sooner clubs wake upto that the more money there will be for grassroots development. Obviously there will be clubs that need to look for assistance, but if there are guys available within any club they should be the 1st contact.

There are guys doing the management circuit stealing a living. Keep money in the clubs and invest in the facilities.

How much youth coaching could a club get spending that money each month?

GaelTheGael

Quote from: breakingball78 on October 30, 2022, 06:28:10 PM
Very good referee performance from Stephen Campbell. He looks like a man that would fit in well with the inter county referees. Give that man credit where credits due.
Got the big call before half time wrong that led to Errigals goal that ultimetly proved to be the difference at the end. The play should have been stopped after Peter Og McCartans late hit on James Donaghy, didn't give it let play develop and led to Errigals goal.

Moonshine

Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 01, 2022, 01:22:07 PM
Very good referee performance from Stephen Campbell. He looks like a man that would fit in well with the inter county referees. Give that man credit where credits due.
Got the big call before half time wrong that led to Errigals goal that ultimetly proved to be the difference at the end. The play should have been stopped after Peter Og McCartans late hit on James Donaghy, didn't give it let play develop and led to Errigals goal.

Another big call that he got wrong was penrose stamp in first 15 mins straight red. Did he score 1-2 after that?

God14

Quote from: Moonshine on November 01, 2022, 03:55:31 PM

Another big call that he got wrong was penrose stamp in first 15 mins straight red. Did he score 1-2 after that?

yeah i thought that was a blatant red myself, Penrose was very fortunate there. Darragh Canavan shipped a fair few hits in the first 20mins

WT4E

Are you not on the Moonshine Moonshine?

The Golden Years

Did you see Marty stamp?  or you just going by the reaction of the player?  I seen clearly what happened and Marty accidentally stood on the lads foot as he tried to get out of a tangle.  He certainly didn't 'stamp' on him deliberately.  That is not Martys style.

A big call the ref got wrong was Darragh Canavans dive for free towards the end of game.  That give them the 3 point cushion again.  If  the correct call had of been given it would have been a 1 point game in closing stages and we might have been able to work that equalising score instead of been blocked twice trying to kick the ball in for goals.

WT4E

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 01, 2022, 05:02:46 PM

Did you see Marty stamp?  or you just going by the reaction of the player?  I seen clearly what happened and Marty accidentally stood on the lads foot as he tried to get out of a tangle.  He certainly didn't 'stamp' on him deliberately.  That is not Martys style.

A big call the ref got wrong was Darragh Canavans dive for free towards the end of game.  That give them the 3 point cushion again.  If  the correct call had of been given it would have been a 1 point game in closing stages and we might have been able to work that equalising score instead of been blocked twice trying to kick the ball in for goals.

So Your guaranteeing a point after Canavan gets turned over. Not only did you see the intention of the stamp but you can see the future??
Carrickmore should be proud of the performance they put in. I don't think the ref had an impact on the result.
Why did they not bring Gormley on?

Mikhailov

Quote from: toby47 on November 01, 2022, 09:12:01 AM

Not a chance would £1000 a month keep the top clubs happy. Twice that amount would hardly even see it. The season is 10 months at longest, in reality for most clubs it is 8. Standard figure is around 18/20k, maybe I am wrong but that is a common figure I hear.

In saying that, I also know off men getting 30k+ but they are winning titles - is it worth it? I would say most clubs would say 30k is cheap if it guaranteed a trophy

BIGONE

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on October 31, 2022, 02:45:05 PM
Heard today that Ryan Coleman had his jaw broke at Clonoe hands on Saturday also. It wasn't just the manager that needed hospital attention. Huge blow for the moy in their hope of survival.

County Board must take action to deter such thuggery.

Scandalous! How long are these guys going to get away with this stuff. always off the ball? County Board will do nothing. Involve the police i reckon

birdwatcher

Quote from: BIGONE on November 02, 2022, 09:53:30 AM
Heard today that Ryan Coleman had his jaw broke at Clonoe hands on Saturday also. It wasn't just the manager that needed hospital attention. Huge blow for the moy in their hope of survival.

Scandalous! How long are these guys going to get away with this stuff. always off the ball? County Board will do nothing. Involve the police i reckon

Why is Everyone afraid to mention the perpetrators?  Patrick Dorris hit the manager and Jerome McClure hit Coleman.

These guys deserve no anonymity, they should be responsible for their actions.  The county board need to be strong on this type of attack, long bans should be handed out

WT4E

I saw an advert for a coaching programme in Tyrone called scileanna

Anyone's club doing this. Is it any good? Do you have to pay for it?

trailer

Quote from: birdwatcher on November 02, 2022, 10:10:01 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on November 02, 2022, 09:53:30 AM

Why is Everyone afraid to mention the perpetrators?  Patrick Dorris hit the manager and Jerome McClure hit Coleman.

These guys deserve no anonymity, they should be responsible for their actions.  The county board need to be strong on this type of attack, long bans should be handed out

This won't finish until someone is killed by a "one punch" and it's only a matter of time. If you take the amount of incidents that happen one will eventually end with a fatality.