Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: clarshack on April 20, 2012, 11:49:23 AM
was derrytresk v galbally postponed last night and is pomeroy v moy postponed on sunday?

Yes both games have been cancelled.  Pomeroy have their Fight Night fundraiser this weekend leaving them unable to compete,  I find it hard to believe the county board can justify this as a reason for cancelling a game especially when the fixtures are already behind and with no games next week either with The League Final vs Kildare.

There will be a lot of mid week games scheduled to play catch up in the next 3 weeks id imagine
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Up The Middle on April 20, 2012, 11:07:04 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 20, 2012, 10:06:18 AM
Well he would be looking into the forwards somewhere. So would the following:

Penrose
Mugsey
S O'Niell
M. Donnelly
N. McKenna
S. Cavanagh
C Cavanagh
R. McNabb
Matt Donnelly

plus up until recently Cooney and R.O'Niell.

I haver probably missed out a couple more but I don't think he would have started and 1 or 2 ahead of him on the bench. Just my opinion.

It is hard to answer your question directly as who knows who the first 6 would be?

Personally i would rate him miles ahead of Colm Cavanagh, also would have him ahead of Mark and Matt Donnelly, Niall McKenna and McNabb. Everybody is going to have their own opinion on this but in my view a fully fit Tommy is some asset to the Tyrone forward line both as a targetman or in a roving role around the middle.

You rate Tommy Mc Guigan better than:

Colm Cavanagh (Along with Coney probably Tyrones most impressive player this year)
Mark Donnelly (Pace to burn, frightens defenders, showing great form)

The others mentioned are all on the up and improving with every game, at this stage of Tommys Career he has peaked and unfortunately wont get any better.  He has been excellent over the years for Tyrone and will give Ardboe a massive lift to have him available, but I agree with EC, he has served his time, Micky has replacements available now
Living the dream!!!

clarshack

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 20, 2012, 11:54:32 AM
Quote from: clarshack on April 20, 2012, 11:49:23 AM
was derrytresk v galbally postponed last night and is pomeroy v moy postponed on sunday?

Yes both games have been cancelled.  Pomeroy have their Fight Night fundraiser this weekend leaving them unable to compete,  I find it hard to believe the county board can justify this as a reason for cancelling a game especially when the fixtures are already behind and with no games next week either with The League Final vs Kildare.

There will be a lot of mid week games scheduled to play catch up in the next 3 weeks id imagine

we had a big fundraiser last saturday night but we still played last weekend.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: EC Unique on April 19, 2012, 11:54:24 AM
Not a bad player but would hardly call it a 'major blow'.

Plenty of debate about this - I think the point I would make is what was the point in the above statement? You just disrespected a great player for Tyrone's career for what end?
I have to agree with someone above if he was an errigal player you wouldn't have commented on it.
Also Tommy fully fit verus colly cav fully fit I'd hope he would play Tommy every time - its a case of class I think.

EC Unique

I have already said I did not mean to disrespect him as a player and if that comment does then I retract it.

My point is that IMO he is no longer a 'major blow' as a loss to the team. At one stage he would have been.

Man Marker

Boys you are shower, E C has clarified his comments and the context to his post to clearly highlight that he was not being disrespectful

Man Marker

Without doubt one of the quietest starts to the football leagues in years.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 20, 2012, 11:59:28 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on April 20, 2012, 11:07:04 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 20, 2012, 10:06:18 AM
Well he would be looking into the forwards somewhere. So would the following:

Penrose
Mugsey
S O'Niell
M. Donnelly
N. McKenna
S. Cavanagh
C Cavanagh
R. McNabb
Matt Donnelly

plus up until recently Cooney and R.O'Niell.

I haver probably missed out a couple more but I don't think he would have started and 1 or 2 ahead of him on the bench. Just my opinion.

It is hard to answer your question directly as who knows who the first 6 would be?

Personally i would rate him miles ahead of Colm Cavanagh, also would have him ahead of Mark and Matt Donnelly, Niall McKenna and McNabb. Everybody is going to have their own opinion on this but in my view a fully fit Tommy is some asset to the Tyrone forward line both as a targetman or in a roving role around the middle.

You rate Tommy Mc Guigan better than:

Colm Cavanagh (Along with Coney probably Tyrones most impressive player this year)
Mark Donnelly (Pace to burn, frightens defenders, showing great form)

The others mentioned are all on the up and improving with every game, at this stage of Tommys Career he has peaked and unfortunately wont get any better.  He has been excellent over the years for Tyrone and will give Ardboe a massive lift to have him available, but I agree with EC, he has served his time, Micky has replacements available now

Most overrated player in the county and but for who his brother is he wouldnt have got half the chances he has had with Tyrone.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

EC Unique

I used to be one of his biggest crittics up until the last year or so. I think now he is worth his place on the panel and in certain games he his a starter.

On another note Mattie Donnelly was flying this year until his injury. I think he is now fit again and IMO is a cert for number 10 or 12.

ONeill

Colm Cavanagh gets some unmerited criticism. The thing about Colm is that he's prone to the odd mistake - usually a solo that goes over his own head. I remember last year v Dublin he was dispossessed for their first goal chance after 4 mins in typical Colm fashion - and that can often stick in the mind even though he may do something good (simple) the other 9 times out of 10. Dooher used to get the same treatment 1998-2002.

But he does an awful lot of good - can hold on to possession when you need to late on and can deliver killer final balls. Mickey's no mug and it's a testament to what he thinks of Colm when he brought him back immediately into the middle after his recent injury.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Colm's consistent as ever.
Tommy - won't forget the tap-in in the 08 final. Your name is on it.
All Tyrone players are good players.

EC Unique

Well done Errigal Ciaran. All-Ireland champions in scor novelity act. Done the club proud!

Norf Tyrone

Anyone know is the Tyrone game on the TV next Sun?

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

everymanaman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 22, 2012, 07:58:14 AM
Anyone know is the Tyrone game on the TV next Sun?
Both games on TG4