Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2016, 06:43:05 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 08, 2016, 06:26:05 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 08, 2016, 06:18:57 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 08, 2016, 03:52:44 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 08, 2016, 12:42:42 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2016, 01:39:39 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 07, 2016, 12:54:22 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 06, 2016, 11:57:56 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/06/tensions-rise-in-germany-over-handling-of-mass-sexual-assaults-in-cologne

Delighted to see that the poor refugees are behaving themselves and assimilating into German society

It's probably worth noting that:

Quoteneither the identity nor origin of any of them has so far been established.

And with ~ 800k refugees having arrived in Germany, do you really expect none of them to be criminals?? These men should be dealt with in the same way as anyone else who breaks the law rather than used as sticks to beat the law abiding majority with.

Well I read several reports on what happened including the BBC report:

"City police chief Wolfgang Albers called it "a completely new dimension of crime". The men were of Arab or North African appearance, he said."

Stop making excuses and apologies for these fvckers-many if those claiming to be refugees are anything but

Did you think there would be no criminals among the 800k refugees arriving in Germany?? Anyone breaking the law in a serious manner like this should do a stint in jail and then be out on his arse.

Do you think all irish people should be judged based on some of the knackers that have left here for Australia, etc over the past few years??

How many irish have gone to Australia expecting handouts from their government for free. You wont last too long if you don't work or have some cash to keep you going.
And don't you need to have police clearance to get an oz visa in the first place?

No, you don't need police clearance to get an Australian visa

Regardless of whether they get handouts, should all irish be judged on the back of the actions of some irish abroad?

But you still have to apply for the visa before travelling there which means they can do their homework on their end prior to your arrival.  Not just land up in a country and demand stuff.

You're judging the behaviour of the people who have travelled, not the ones who havent.

I know a lad who got turned down for a Canadia. Work visa over a dangerous driving charge-did a handbrake turn in an empty car park and a Garda spotted him.  Came up when Canadian Embassy did the background check

Not sure about now but in 2006, a friend of mine applied for the Australian visa got in despite having a record for beating up a bouncer. He just answered No to the question on the application form

macdanger2

Quote from: foxcommander on January 08, 2016, 06:26:05 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 08, 2016, 03:52:44 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 08, 2016, 12:42:42 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2016, 01:39:39 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 07, 2016, 12:54:22 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 06, 2016, 11:57:56 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/06/tensions-rise-in-germany-over-handling-of-mass-sexual-assaults-in-cologne

Delighted to see that the poor refugees are behaving themselves and assimilating into German society

It's probably worth noting that:

Quoteneither the identity nor origin of any of them has so far been established.

And with ~ 800k refugees having arrived in Germany, do you really expect none of them to be criminals?? These men should be dealt with in the same way as anyone else who breaks the law rather than used as sticks to beat the law abiding majority with.

Well I read several reports on what happened including the BBC report:

"City police chief Wolfgang Albers called it "a completely new dimension of crime". The men were of Arab or North African appearance, he said."

Stop making excuses and apologies for these fvckers-many if those claiming to be refugees are anything but

Did you think there would be no criminals among the 800k refugees arriving in Germany?? Anyone breaking the law in a serious manner like this should do a stint in jail and then be out on his arse.

Do you think all irish people should be judged based on some of the knackers that have left here for Australia, etc over the past few years??

How many irish have gone to Australia expecting handouts from their government for free. You wont last too long if you don't work or have some cash to keep you going.
And don't you need to have police clearance to get an oz visa in the first place?

No, you don't need police clearance to get an Australian visa

Regardless of whether they get handouts, should all irish be judged on the back of the actions of some irish abroad?

But you still have to apply for the visa before travelling there which means they can do their homework on their end prior to your arrival.  Not just land up in a country and demand stuff.

You're judging the behaviour of the people who have travelled, not the ones who havent.

For the vast majority of these people, the reason they "just land up" is war!!

So would you judge all irish in Australia by the actions of some irish there?

Bord na Mona man

All those professors, doctors and engineers from Syria aren't ingratiating themselves to their hosts.
But lookit, the Irish get drunk in Australia, so it's grand.

macdanger2

I think you missed the point there BnM man

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 09, 2016, 04:53:19 AM
All those professors, doctors and engineers from Syria aren't ingratiating themselves to their hosts a few racists on Gaaboard
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

foxcommander

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 10, 2016, 08:23:35 PM
All those professors, doctors and engineers from Syria aren't ingratiating themselves to their hosts a few racists on Gaaboard

Ah jaysus..he went and pulled it out...

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

LeoMc

All those professors, doctors and engineers from Syria aren't ingratiating themselves to their hosts.
Pretty broad brush there.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: foxcommander on January 11, 2016, 02:24:33 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 10, 2016, 08:23:35 PM

Ah jaysus..he went and pulled it out...

Ha, ha, that link....... from the tea party, proves my point

Mayo4Sam

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 10, 2016, 12:42:45 AM
I saw your point all right and it look like whattabouttery, look over there tactics to me.

Merkel must have been cracked to launch into an open door policy. Even if this is only a small minority (maybe even it's Assad thugs doing this to poison the well for immigrants), she should have forseen the potential for trouble and the possible fall out from her policy.

macdanger2

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on January 11, 2016, 02:01:24 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 10, 2016, 12:42:45 AM
I saw your point all right and it look like whattabouttery, look over there tactics to me.

Merkel must have been cracked to launch into an open door policy. Even if this is only a small minority (maybe even it's Assad thugs doing this to poison the well for immigrants), she should have forseen the potential for trouble and the possible fall out from her policy.

My point wasn't whataboutery - it was that you can't judge the many by the actions of a few.

foxcommander

I don't recall irish being involved in 200+ indecent gang assaults (and others which havent been reported) in one area in one night. Please correct me.

At least Merkel now realises she was wrong and the authorities have evidence of who was involved.
Let's see the bleeding hearts defend the actions of so called "refugees" now.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/angela-merkel-says-germany-has-lost-control-of-the-refugee-crisis-amid-public-anger-over-cologne-sex-attacks
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Mayo4Sam

Again another great source

The National Post: The anti-Islam Canadian newspaper
http://www.thecanadiancharger.com/page.php?id=5&a=1939

Maybe look to newspapers that might report the truth

Angela Merkel: Do not blame innocent refugees for Cologne attacks
http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/angela-merkel-do-not-blame-innocent-refugees-for-cologne-attacks-375743.html

Angela Merkel says Europe is 'vulnerable' to the refugee crisis
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-says-europe-is-vulnerable-to-the-refugee-crisis-a6807326.html

armaghniac

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 12, 2016, 03:43:28 PM
Maybe look to newspapers that might report the truth

Angela Merkel: Do not blame innocent refugees for Cologne attacks
http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/angela-merkel-do-not-blame-innocent-refugees-for-cologne-attacks-375743.html

Angela Merkel says Europe is 'vulnerable' to the refugee crisis
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-says-europe-is-vulnerable-to-the-refugee-crisis-a6807326.html

The Indo has no great affiliation with the truth.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/01/12/world/europe/ap-eu-germany-cologne-crimes.html

553 criminal complaints now. If the Germans take strong action here and turf out this lot, and make sure if doesn't happen again, then the discinctionwith decent refugees will be clear. DM100 they won't do this though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

Quote from: foxcommander on January 12, 2016, 03:09:52 PM

I don't recall irish being involved in 200+ indecent gang assaults (and others which havent been reported) in one area in one night. Please correct me.

At least Merkel now realises she was wrong and the authorities have evidence of who was involved.
Let's see the bleeding hearts defend the actions of so called "refugees" now.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/angela-merkel-says-germany-has-lost-control-of-the-refugee-crisis-amid-public-anger-over-cologne-sex-attacks

They should hand out a list of crimes you can and can't commit on the way in foxy.

The people involved in this should be subjected to the law the same as anyone and be chucked out of the country. They shouldn't be used as an excuse to demonise the rest of the refugees