All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Glen played well 2nd half, the 20mins end of the first half will haunt them. along with the bad goal miss. Crokes have better forwards.

seafoid

marty34

I thought the ref was supposed to add on at least 30 sec for each sub.

There was 3 mins of injury time and within that 3 mins Crokes made 2 or 3 subs (lads who walked off slowly) yet the ref blew on 63 mins.

RedHand88

Brendan

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 22, 2023, 04:52:46 PM
Won't be a cow milked in Stillorgan tonight.

Few of the Crokes men be getting milked though

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on January 22, 2023, 04:52:24 PM

There was 3 mins of injury time and within that 3 mins Crokes made 2 or 3 subs (lads who walked off slowly) yet the ref blew on 63 mins.

Was 63.45 seconds so it's ok
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Tough one for Glen to take on the chin. Only needed to take one of those goal chances 2nd half to win.

JoG2

Don't think that's in the rules, just up to the ref

What a save at the end! Hard luck Wattys, they'll be back for sure. Congrats to Crokes + their Galway superstar

rodney trotter

That slip by O Hara was costly. But other errors too. Bradley fielded some great ball in midfield. Mullin was very good for kilmacud m

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2023, 04:55:08 PM

Was 63.45 seconds so it's ok

How's it ok?

There was 2 or 3 subs made during this time. Basically wasted 2 mins.

Poor by the ref.

Wildweasel74

Not that I like to point sthing out, but why they not play J Doherty at Midfield, E Bradley at 11, It allow Glass to be attacking midfielder with J Doherty covering bck. What lads not from Dublin on that Crokes team, Where's Clancy fron?

Wildweasel74

Goal miss plus E Doherty mess for a point soon after it was the winning of the game, it would have them a 4/5pt lead.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 04:58:14 PM
Not that I like to point sthing out, but why they not play J Doherty at Midfield, E Bradley at 11, It allow Glass to be attacking midfielder with J Doherty covering bck. What lads not from Dublin on that Crokes team, Where's Clancy fron?

And we think O'Rourke is a good manager! ;D

yellowcard

Glen didn't play well but had enough chances to have won that match. It's a long road back from AI defeat but the last 2 winners came back from defeats in finals to win it the following year. Lack of scoring forwards ultimately cost them. Small margins at that level, on the other side you had Shane Walsh kicking a 45 over with his weak foot.

Wildweasel74

Had enough to win, played rightly outside of a bad 20min spell end of first half. Crokes had way stronger forwards on top of, Walsh and Mannion.