All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Alot of that game, was like Glen v Cargin, in the way they played. Forwards pass to the bcks to take responsibility for shooting when the better % shot is with them. I know E Bradley and C Glass can't go forward together but Glen need look at a Forward dropping bck to cover. Glen lose alot not having Glass attacking. This is where C McFaul is a loss

Milltown Row2

There was 2/3 tackles that were missed other than that if you pull jerseys it's the easiest one to give, if you hold players arms they are also simple.

Glen allowed the game to be far tighter than it should have been, best team won and plenty to work on, all good...

Think O'Rouke mentioned before the game there were some issues colds flu's and other niggles

If Crokes sort out that slump they go through they'll win..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

They did pull jerseys too much but it was a ridiculous decision not to give a foul for Conleth mcguckin at the end.

Glen are very methodical and you would wonder does it make them a bit predictable at times. Obviously a very good team but they will need to step it up a good bit the next day if they want to win it.

Wildweasel74

The free (not given) mentioned a few posts bck, near the sideline with the Glen forward hitting the ball by the Galway defender, but then been checked, ( yes he went down easy, but it was a obvious free). That sort of summed up the reffing, The mark was not even near a mark either. There alot of others, for both teans but Gough wore me out. It not a ref job to keep a game tight.

imtommygunn

The boy dropped the ball for the mark lol. I did wonder had he called foul but not sure he did. I honestly didn't think the ref was as bad as others thought first half but he was brutal second half. In saying all that glen will need to stop tugging jersies.

north_antrim_hound

Ref was terrible for Glenn. The one near the end when the goalie was getting his jersey pulled and he blew for a free in was laughable. Galway team got frees easier the whole game.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Wildweasel74

As said earlier, they do seem to pull Jereseys alot which is stupid as in a no. Of cases the player was covered by 2/3 men.

Wildweasel74

Ulster lads sorta get shown up on TV on the fact that very few of us can speak Irish for a Irish TV channel.

grounded

Delighted for Glen. Glad they got through this game and got this nervous play out of their system. A lot of messy mistakes, missed passes and handling errors. You could see this nervousness every time the Glen keeper was kicking the ball out toward the end of the game. Im sure all the Glen supporters were screaming at him to kick the ball out long toward Glass instead of faffing around with short kickouts which cost them a few scores.
          Funny enough it was Bradley( i also thought he was man of match) as opposed to Glass who stood up and made the important forward runs. Glass did contribute an important score but you just know he has the potential to contribute much more.
          They would need to seriously re-think their gameplan if they want to beat Kilmacud. Crokes can definitely be beaten if only Glen can stay with them, but if they play like this the game will be over at half time.

HiMucker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 08, 2023, 05:16:53 PM
Ulster lads sorta get shown up on TV on the fact that very few of us can speak Irish for a Irish TV channel.
I wonder what the reason for that is....

general_lee

Glen looked like they were doing their best to lose at times, aided by some questionable refereeing decisions. Would have been a sickener there today if they'd have been beat but the upside is they have plenty to work on for the final and will probably feel they've more in the tank.

Wildweasel74

Don't know, I dropped Irish at 14, along with French and Spanish, as I was crap at Languages.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 08, 2023, 05:16:53 PM

To be fair, bar the far reaches of Connacht and Munster there are very few that can look down there noses at those Ulster Lads you talk about!

Blowitupref

All three All Ireland finals will be shown live on TG4.

Sunday 15th

Intermediate final at 3:30pm

Galbally Pearses (Tyrone) v Rathmore (Kerry)

Junior final at 1:30pm

Stewartstown Harps (Tyrone) v Fossa (Kerry)

Sunday 22nd

Kilmadcud Crokes (Dublin) v Glen (Derry)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

Agree with most of the comments on here Glen the better team by maybe 5/6 points but made hard work of getting those extra scores to put the game to bed and gave Moycuplen hope towards the end.

Had that handy free not been missed I'm not sure Glen would have won!

Having said that they were excellent in spells and the ref was harsh against them I thought. They got through though and that's all that matters. Many wrote them off after a fairly poor performance against Cargin but they're able to raise their game as is necessary so I'd still give them a good chance against Crokes. They also made hard work of a game that should have been very comfortable.

Looking forward to the final hopefully it's a good game.

PS. Tallon was never MOTM not sure how that was picked!