All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Point on with minute go and fluffed his lines
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2023, 04:49:04 PM
He missed that free
he's been terrible, completely shafting Glen. Real obvious frees not blown for them that have led to scores.

Wildweasel74

Does Warnock spend his time walking Into tackles

Wildweasel74

Ref awful, plus Glen themselves done their best to thrown away that game.

Blowitupref

FT Glen 1-11 Moycullen 0-12. Galway's good record against Derry doesn't seem to transfer to club football!
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Well done Glen made hard work of that

Hopefully two Ulster winners on the 22nd
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Gough, f**k me. I don't know whether he generates momentum or just plays along with it, but when things are going against you, he does seem to be continually on hand to pile it on.

Better team won. Moycullen looked dangerous once they had to go for it. Awful shame they didn't play the first half like that too.

HiMucker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 08, 2023, 04:53:39 PM
Ref awful, plus Glen themselves done their best to thrown away that game.
Yeah definitely a bit of both. Delighted for Glen the better team by quite a bit IMO. They will give Crokes their fill of it in the final. I'd actually fancy them tbh.

seafoid

Comhghairdeas to Wattys. Well deserved. They should be able to give Kilmacud a good rattle.

Schkite

Gough had an absolute shocker in that game. Glen would only have had themselves to blame if they didn't win though, so many brainless mistakes leading to soft Moycullen frees, that's what kept the game so tight.

Good to see Glen winning though, when they actually played a bit, they were the team that showed proper quality. They'll need a big improvement for the final though. Maybe a performance like that is no harm to take some attention off them and refocus them a bit. Still think they can give Crokes a really good rattle.

Wildweasel74

E Bradley was Glen best player there, not sure how Tallon got MOTM in front of him.

An Fhairche Abu

Deserved winners, Moycullen had a shocking start and needed to have some plan B outside of their hand passing game, they didn't have it, poor conversion rate as well. There was more between the teams than the couple of points in the finish.

HiMucker

Quote from: thewobbler on January 08, 2023, 04:55:51 PM
Gough, f**k me. I don't know whether he generates momentum or just plays along with it, but when things are going against you, he does seem to be continually on hand to pile it on.

Better team won. Moycullen looked dangerous once they had to go for it. Awful shame they didn't play the first half like that too.
This. He must think its his duty to keep the game entertaining. The one that Glen broke out of defence at the end and the player was fouled. There is no excuse, you cant miss that, its a free in anyone's book. Like what does he think has happened? I can only imagine in his head it's like "ah well you shouldnt have been so loose so if you are fouled take your oil", that's just really really poor and it's what you'd expect from poor referees.

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 08, 2023, 04:53:52 PM
FT Glen 1-11 Moycullen 0-12. Galway's good record against Derry doesn't seem to transfer to club football!
What county is Slaughtneil in?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Club_Football_Championship

It would be great if they could beat Kilmacud.

yellowcard

Not sure what that Moycullen lad was at passing the buck on that free kick at the end.

Glen clearly were the superior team but they are infuriating to watch at times with how they play laterally holding onto possession needlessly. Maybe it was a nervousness as they got themselves in a winning position but otherwise they are a very impressive side. The final will be a very close fought affair as both teams are very physical but I think Glen have a great chance.