NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 03, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 03, 2018, 12:30:34 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 03, 2018, 12:22:01 PM
Thats a huge blow for Kildare with Daniel Flynn not around next year.

Just shows you how realistic the intercounty footballers are about their counties chances in the current climate.

I think it shows studying for a masters comes before amateur game and this summer is probably the only time to go traveling for a few months as he gets himself a full time job.

It's the same thing really. If there was a chance of a Leinster never mind an AI title, he'd be around. Leinster is especially a barren playing field for the all the counties in Leinster bar Dublin. Most want avoid the now annual embarrassment of getting a tanking from Dublin.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 03, 2018, 05:12:37 PM

Just shows you how realistic the intercounty footballers are about their counties chances in the current climate.

I think it shows studying for a masters comes before amateur game and this summer is probably the only time to go traveling for a few months as he gets himself a full time job.

It's the same thing really. If there was a chance of a Leinster never mind an AI title, he'd be around. Leinster is especially a barren playing field for the all the counties in Leinster bar Dublin. Most want avoid the now annual embarrassment of getting a tanking from Dublin.

In fairness losing to Carlow by seven points was a bigger embarrassment than any tanking off the best team in the land.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 03, 2018, 05:54:18 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 03, 2018, 05:12:37 PM

In fairness losing to Carlow by seven points was a bigger embarrassment than any tanking off the best team in the land.

True.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: illdecide on December 03, 2018, 12:17:53 PM
Armagh will have a bit more fire power this year, Jamie Clarke, Stefan Campbell and the two O'Neills from Cross will add another string to the bow. Not sure how Jamie Clarke will fare out, haven't seen him play in a while and the defensive play teams have not certainly won't suit him but its definitely something else's to give the opposition something to think about.
I would also hope James Morgan is on board for next season, a tough hard corner back who you wouldn't want marking you (can giveaway a fewer frees but is def better on your team)

McGeeney will expect a big year from Armagh and so will the fans...looking forward to it tbh...

It is the last year of the 5 year plan!

Captain Scarlet

Div 2 is tasty in fairness.
I think in one way Kildare need to not be too reliant on Flynn going forward so I'd like to think we could cope without him. the last two years it has been so obvious that we were always looking to him, even if he was isolated.
I just think it is a good chance for others to step up and to tweak tactics a bit.
Would posters not fancy Donegal over Armagh? When is McBrearty back?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Maroon Manc

Its a shame Daniel Flynn won't be around as Kildare have the makings of a very good team.

Rossfan

Hope 4 nice Counties are left for us to play in 2020.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

FermGael

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2019, 11:16:48 AM
Not sure we can stick around. Will try our best.
Depends on what Armagh do. We have been following each other everywhere these past few years
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tonto1888

Quote from: FermGael on January 11, 2019, 10:57:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2019, 11:16:48 AM
Not sure we can stick around. Will try our best.
Depends on what Armagh do. We have been following each other everywhere these past few years

Sure we would be happy for you to follow us to division 1. Not 3 tho

illdecide

Donegal 5/4
Kildare 7/2
Cork 13/2
Meath 15/2
Armagh 9/1
Tipperary 10/1
Clare 20/1
Fermanagh 20/1

Looking at the odds and teams it's def going to be an interesting league 2 this year. I would def agree Donegal are rightly favourites, reading here if Kildare are missing a few key men that could hit them hard. As for the next four teams (Cork, Meath, Armagh & Tipp) I don't believe there will be much between them and anything could happen. To be fair i don't know a whole pile about Clare but they'll not be easy beat either, Fermangah beat Armagh and Monaghan last year in the Championship and you just don't know what you'll get from them. They're very defensive and not easy on the eye but effective.

All in all it's just so hard to predict and any team is capable of anything if they get off to a good start, looking forward to it all the same.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tippabu

How close to full strenght were Meath against this Dublin team in o Byrne cup?

thejuice

There were 6 new lads starting against Dublin but Graham Reilly was on as a blood sub and got a few scores early on then came on as a full sub in the second half.

Cillian O'Sullivan didn't play any of the O'Byrne Cup but should play in the league. Pauric Harnan might be back for the Tipp game but not certain, only back to full training recently.

I'd say we'll have about 4 or 5 of the lads making their league debut this year but maybe not all of them starting against Tipp. Id say Kane and Campion will be starters at least.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tippabu

Quote from: thejuice on January 18, 2019, 09:00:13 PM
There were 6 new lads starting against Dublin but Graham Reilly was on as a blood sub and got a few scores early on then came on as a full sub in the second half.

Cillian O'Sullivan didn't play any of the O'Byrne Cup but should play in the league. Pauric Harnan might be back for the Tipp game but not certain, only back to full training recently.

I'd say we'll have about 4 or 5 of the lads making their league debut this year but maybe not all of them starting against Tipp. Id say Kane and Campion will be starters at least.

Sound....looks a fairly poor Dublin team. We are in a very similar boat, honestly no clue how the game in navan will go. Very pivotal game for both teams

thejuice

Yeah, the diehard Meath fans are still talking about our last encounter and are looking at this one as a bit of a revenge mission but also we are desperate to have a solid league campaign. A win or loss to start of with will set the tone for how we go on.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tippabu

Quote from: thejuice on January 18, 2019, 09:17:41 PM
Yeah, the diehard Meath fans are still talking about our last encounter and are looking at this one as a bit of a revenge mission but also we are desperate to have a solid league campaign. A win or loss to start of with will set the tone for how we go on.

Yep...I see it being said about. Ye shocked me that night how bad ye were but we were very good aswell. There's an awful lot of talk when it comes to us that "we shouldn't be losing to a hurling county" that's from most teams. Realistically we have done as much in the last 10 years as any county outside div 1. Hoping this year we can take the next step but to be honest and being realistic looking at div 2 we are every bit as likely to get relegated as promoted thats how even the division is and I wouldn't be surprised with either