NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horse Box

Just under 2 Months to go and really looking forward to it already  :) !

Tipp announced their Panel for the coming season with 13 new faces , some of which are young exciting prospects : http://www.friendsoftipperaryfootball.com/2018/11/20/liam-kearns-has-revealed-his-upcoming-league-panel/

Pa Power odds on D2 :

Donegal 5/4
Kildare 7/2
Cork 13/2
Meath 15/2
Armagh 9/1
Tipperary 10/1
Clare 20/1
Fermanagh 20/1

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Tipp might get second place.
They might and were very close to promotion this year, Armagh with Jamie Clarke back could be a dark horse. Will be a big surprise if Donegal don't win the Div 2 title in 2019.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tippabu

Division 2

Round 1

Clare v Donegal
Fermanagh v Cork
Kildare v Armagh
Meath v Tipperary

Round 2

Cork v Kildare
Donegal v Meath
Tipperary v Fermanagh
Armagh v Clare

Round 3

Fermangh v Kildare
Clare v Cork
Meath v Armagh
Tipperaryv Donegal

Round 4

Armagh v Tipperary
Cork v Meath
Donegal v Fermanagh
Kildare v Clare

Round 5

Donegal v Armagh
Tipperary v Cork
Meath v Kildare
Fermanagh v Clare

Round 6

Clare v Meath
Cork v Donegal
Kildare v Tipperary
Armagh v Fermanagh

Round 7

Armagh v Cork
Donegalv Kildare
Meath v Fermanagh
Tipperary v Clare

tippabu

Very competitive division as usual, this year on paper looks a fair bit tougher than last years divison.

Donegal look to be the best team and would expect to go straight back up but i would imagine mcbrearty wont be back for the league? and if gweedore win ulster they will be missing some very important players off that aswell. Kildare rightly 2nd favorites for me, even excluding last years mayo game kildare werent far away at all, in division 1 they lost all their games but they were very competitive and werent far away at all which is saying alot given the jump in standard of division 2 to 1. Daniel flynn being away is going to be a huge loss for them. Cork, Tipp, Meath, Armagh, Clare and Fermanagh you can expect anything from any of these teams. Clare probably have the toughest fixture schedule, meath after last year are an interesting one to be 4th favourites.

On Tipp, if we really try give a go at promotion i think we could be there or thereabouts. Fixturewise its the best we could hope for, avoided long trips to donegal and fermanagh and have 4 home games. We havent had any major losses to the panel and have added 4/5 players who i think can make a positive impact on the panel and push for starting positions. As important as anything is the players we retained, john meagher everyone thought was a shoe in for the hurlers but he opted to stick with the footballers for 2019 and philly austin giving it another year is a big plus. I cant wait for the league to roll around, we really should have been promoted last year but in the end didnt deserve to be because we failed to see out games from a winning position, im hoping lessons from that have been learned along with some other glaring mistakes we made last year.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tippabu on November 22, 2018, 08:34:58 PM
Kildare rightly 2nd favorites for me, even excluding last years mayo game kildare werent far away at all, in division 1 they lost all their games but they were very competitive and werent far away at all which is saying alot given the jump in standard of division 2 to 1.

Not sure about rightly 2nd favourties as anything is possible with Kildare. When they were relegated from Division 1 2014 they were competitive in most of their games and were odds on to gain promotion back to Division 1 in 2015 only to get themselves relegated to Division 3.

BennyCake

Armagh have to go away to Clare in round 2.

tippabu

Quote from: BennyCake on November 22, 2018, 09:19:45 PM
Armagh have to go away to Clare in round 2.

neutral venue i thought? and i presume there will be appeals?

tippabu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 22, 2018, 09:16:59 PM
Kildare rightly 2nd favorites for me, even excluding last years mayo game kildare werent far away at all, in division 1 they lost all their games but they were very competitive and werent far away at all which is saying alot given the jump in standard of division 2 to 1.

Not sure about rightly 2nd favourties as anything is possible with Kildare. When they were relegated from Division 1 2014 they were competitive in most of their games and were odds on to gain promotion back to Division 1 in 2015 only to get themselves relegated to Division 3.

I think they are because non of the rest have done anything last year to warrant 2nd favorites tag

Orior

Tough league. Armagh will do well to stay up.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tippabu on November 22, 2018, 09:59:04 PM

I think they are because non of the rest have done anything last year to warrant 2nd favorites tag

Kildare can be as flaky as the rest. Lost to Carlow this summer also lets not forget.

tippabu

Quote from: Orior on November 22, 2018, 09:59:54 PM
Tough league. Armagh will do well to stay up.

same boat as the rest really but equally could well push for promotion its why division 2 is great

tippabu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 22, 2018, 10:02:16 PM
Quote from: tippabu on November 22, 2018, 09:59:04 PM

Kildare can be as flaky as the rest. Lost to Carlow this summer also lets not forget.

that was a bit of a freak result....carlow had 100% shot conversion rate? i still think they make the best case for promotion outside donegal.....im hoping you are right about them being flaky though

Horse Box

Very competitive division as usual, this year on paper looks a fair bit tougher than last years divison.

Donegal look to be the best team and would expect to go straight back up but i would imagine mcbrearty wont be back for the league? and if gweedore win ulster they will be missing some very important players off that aswell. Kildare rightly 2nd favorites for me, even excluding last years mayo game kildare werent far away at all, in division 1 they lost all their games but they were very competitive and werent far away at all which is saying alot given the jump in standard of division 2 to 1. Daniel flynn being away is going to be a huge loss for them. Cork, Tipp, Meath, Armagh, Clare and Fermanagh you can expect anything from any of these teams. Clare probably have the toughest fixture schedule, meath after last year are an interesting one to be 4th favourites.

On Tipp, if we really try give a go at promotion i think we could be there or thereabouts. Fixturewise its the best we could hope for, avoided long trips to donegal and fermanagh and have 4 home games. We havent had any major losses to the panel and have added 4/5 players who i think can make a positive impact on the panel and push for starting positions. As important as anything is the players we retained, john meagher everyone thought was a shoe in for the hurlers but he opted to stick with the footballers for 2019 and philly austin giving it another year is a big plus. I cant wait for the league to roll around, we really should have been promoted last year but in the end didnt deserve to be because we failed to see out games from a winning position, im hoping lessons from that have been learned along with some other glaring mistakes we made last year.

Too many games last year we fell away with 10-15 minutes to go , fitness had to an issue ! New Strength and Conditioning Coach this year who will hopefully address this . Nothing between Cork , Meath , Armagh and Tipp in the betting and I think that is fair enough , it`s going to be a fair battle for promotion , good point about Donegal and the Gweedore players they might not get it as comfortable as they would like without them !

Donnellys Hollow

Could potentially see Kildare trying to blood at least 1/3 of the 2018 u20s. Jimmy Hyland should feature prominently and can see Aaron O'Neill, Mark Dempsey, Ruadhan Ó Giolláin and Aaron Masterson getting games. Given the likely level of experimentation I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up mid-table.

Mick O'Grady likely to prove the most difficult of our absentees to replace. He developed into a pivotal player for us in the last year or two. It's a double whammy because it probably stops us from freeing up David Hyland to a more attacking role. Have to hope that Peter Kelly stays injury free and Dempsey develops.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?