Super 8s

Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on July 05, 2018, 05:11:32 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2018, 04:12:15 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 05, 2018, 04:00:59 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 05, 2018, 12:25:13 PM
The team that will benefit most from the Super 8s is Kerry.

Yeah you'd think with their age profile this year it's set up lovely for them.
Also I saw one of the retired Kerry lads going on about how the break between winning the provincials and the quarter-final wasn't ideal as the break was often too long.

It's easy to say that when you think you're good enough to win those matches. This Kerry team aren't within a country mile of winning the AI.

You've a history of incorrectly writing Kerry off. Kerry may fall short but to say they aren't within a country mile of winning the AI is patently nonsense. Only Dublin are definitely ahead of them and even then, Kerry might have the better forward line, albeit, still to be proven.

One AI in nine seasons (btw, that is triple their historical average), and the one they did win was because Donegal did the dirty work and beat Dublin for them. I think I've been proven very correct.

You have a history of defending Dublin and pretending like the championship is in any sense balanced or fair.. you're not exactly winning that argument.

Rossfan

2014 our village eejit said Kerry wouldn't win an AI for years.
2017 NFL final he said Dublin would "hockey" Kerry.
I can see a few kutehoor smiles there again after his latest outburst.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lenny

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2018, 05:18:41 PM

Also I saw one of the retired Kerry lads going on about how the break between winning the provincials and the quarter-final wasn't ideal as the break was often too long.

It's easy to say that when you think you're good enough to win those matches. This Kerry team aren't within a country mile of winning the AI.

You've a history of incorrectly writing Kerry off. Kerry may fall short but to say they aren't within a country mile of winning the AI is patently nonsense. Only Dublin are definitely ahead of them and even then, Kerry might have the better forward line, albeit, still to be proven.

One AI in nine seasons (btw, that is triple their historical average), and the one they did win was because Donegal did the dirty work and beat Dublin for them. I think I've been proven very correct.

You have a history of defending Dublin and pretending like the championship is in any sense balanced or fair.. you're not exactly winning that argument.

I would fancy Kerry this year to win or go very close. It's pathetic to say this Kerry team have won one AI in 9 seasons. A lot of these Kerry players are in their first season and it's therefore a new team albeit with plenty of experience there. The new players seem to have injected the much needed pace which gives them a chance of bridging the advantage dublin had in that department.

Syferus

Quote from: lenny on July 05, 2018, 05:44:26 PM

I would fancy Kerry this year to win or go very close. It's pathetic to say this Kerry team have won one AI in 9 seasons. A lot of these Kerry players are in their first season and it's therefore a new team albeit with plenty of experience there. The new players seem to have injected the much needed pace which gives them a chance of bridging the advantage dublin had in that department.

No, it's actually factual to say Kerry have won one AI in nine seasons.

And this team current team isn't being driven by those young lads either. Galway aren't great but are better set up than Kerry to give Dublin this year.

Zulu

You have an even longer history of being wrong about things but still manging to twist reality in your own head to convince yourself you were in fact right.

As long as I've been on this board I've been arguing the championship is a mess and anything but fair. I've only defended Dublin against some of the more ridiculous charges thrown at them here. But you have an equally illustrious history of changing the subject when your hyperbolic statements are called out for the nonsense they are.

Btw, I presume you'll put the same asterixis besides Roscommon's last Connacht title considering Galway did the hard work b y beating Mayo?

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on July 05, 2018, 05:58:27 PM

You have an even longer history of being wrong about things but still manging to twist reality in your own head to convince yourself you were in fact right.

As long as I've been on this board I've been arguing the championship is a mess and anything but fair. I've only defended Dublin against some of the more ridiculous charges thrown at them here. But you have an equally illustrious history of changing the subject when your hyperbolic statements are called out for the nonsense they are.

Btw, I presume you'll put the same asterixis besides Roscommon's last Connacht title considering Galway did the hard work b y beating Mayo?

Mayo haven't even contested a Connacht final since 2015, try to keep up Zu.

twohands!!!

Current bookies odds to pick up Sam

Kerry 11/4 to win Sam
Roscommon 66/1 to win Sam

Based on these odds how many miles (country or otherwise) are Roscommon off winning the AI?

Manning18

There will always be an asterisk beside that one anyway. Beating Galway once off in horrible conditions, sandwiched between two losses to Galway in normal conditions and immediately preceding a hammering by Mayo. 2010 must be the biggest asterisk in Connacht history, while even the hard fought 2001 must feel a little hollow given what happened in the QF that year. Winning competitions is about proving you're the best team in that competition and Roscommon havent done that since the early 90's

Rossfan

So we didn't win Connacht in 2001/10/17???
I was at those 3 Finals and remember our captains being presented with the Nestor Cup.
Had we to give it back the next day or what?
Have I stepped into a parallel Universe?

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2018, 06:51:48 PM
I was at those 3 Finals and remember our captains being presented with the Fahy Cup.
Had we to given it back the next day or what?

JJ NESTOR
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: Manning18 on July 05, 2018, 06:34:02 PM

There will always be an asterisk beside that one anyway. Beating Galway once off in horrible conditions, sandwiched between two losses to Galway in normal conditions and immediately preceding a hammering by Mayo. 2010 must be the biggest asterisk in Connacht history, while even the hard fought 2001 must feel a little hollow given what happened in the QF that year. Winning competitions is about proving you're the best team in that competition and Roscommon havent done that since the early 90's

Weak attempt.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2018, 07:04:32 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on July 05, 2018, 06:34:02 PM

Weak attempt.

There will be no Asterisk, no more than there will be one beside Galways first AI football title in 1925!

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on July 05, 2018, 07:00:59 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2018, 06:51:48 PM
I was at those 3 Finals and remember our captains being presented with the Fahy Cup.
Had we to given it back the next day or what?

JJ NESTOR
Ta Lar -amended.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 05, 2018, 06:20:33 PM

Current bookies odds to pick up Sam

Kerry 11/4 to win Sam
Roscommon 66/1 to win Sam

Based on these odds how many miles (country or otherwise) are Roscommon off winning the AI?

Both odds should be much longer. This new format makes it much harder now for underdogs such as Roscommon from the reaching the last four anymore. While Kerry with their tradition are capable of reaching another All Ireland final however half of their team are in their first championship season too many raw players in their team to expect them to topple an experienced team like Dublin.

I'm going to predict that Dublin for the first time since the 70s will win the All Ireland final by large margin this September.

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2018, 05:48:37 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 05, 2018, 05:44:26 PM

No, it's actually factual to say Kerry have won one AI in nine seasons.

And this team current team isn't being driven by those young lads either. Galway aren't great but are better set up than Kerry to give Dublin this year.

How many counties have a better record in those 9 years? Just Dublin?

I think Galway will struggle in CP against Kerry