TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 21, 2009, 03:43:21 PM
Galway's football final will be on.

Sure we always have to be on. Half the Gaeltacht in the country is in Galway. Plus they are only out the road from Salthill.

Galway and Donegal finals on next week. TG4 know their audience. ;D

Owenmoresider

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 28, 2009, 10:46:42 PM

Sure we always have to be on. Half the Gaeltacht in the country is in Galway. Plus they are only out the road from Salthill.

As usual, no surprise there. Our lot might get 30 seconds on Monday night I suppose.

If they are going to Salthill, I don't know what they will be showing from there. ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 29, 2009, 12:20:59 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 28, 2009, 10:46:42 PM

As usual, no surprise there. Our lot might get 30 seconds on Monday night I suppose.

If they are going to Salthill, I don't know what they will be showing from there. ;)

Jayz forgot the final was back in Tuam this year.

Lecale2

The Kilkenny Final is lve today at 3.00pm. Ballyhale Shamrocks v The Village.

What's being covered over the next few weeks? Has it been announced?

Bogball XV

why do they never show the kerry football final, they usually try and cover the county final of the all ireland winning team, but I can't recall ever seeing a kerry final.  Also, they should arrange with the fixtures boyos and arrange a schedule allowing them to show 2 live games of a sunday.  Come the end of Nov we usually have 3/4 big provincial games on, all seemingly crackers (rarely live up to it though) and tg4 invariably pick the least appetising to me (cos they rarely show ulster games).
And as for the irish commentary, they really should get rid of it (and a few canned sound effects from the crowd would go down a treat too ;)).

drici

Munster Senior Football Quarter Final:
(Kerry)Kerins O'Rahillys v Clonakilty(Cork)  - live (2-00pm throw in).

Ulster Senior Football Quarter Final:
(Monaghan)Clontibret O'Neills v Dromore St Dympnas(Tyrone) - deferred.

Lecale2

I was told it was the Galway Hurling Final on Sunday but it has been postponed. Those 2 games are a poor substitute.

Gaffer

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 04, 2009, 11:07:58 PM
I was told it was the Galway Hurling Final on Sunday but it has been postponed. Those 2 games are a poor substitute.

In your opinion
  !!!!!!!  (which you are entitled to. of course)
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Sionnach

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 26, 2009, 03:10:22 PM

And as for the irish commentary, they really should get rid of it.

erm..ithe whole point of its existence is that it's supposed  to be an Irish station, it carrries quite enough English programmes as it is without making them too.  :)

Bacon

The TG4 coverage of club matches is first class. I love it on a wet cold November Sunday afternoon. Any word on what they'll be showing later in the month?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Bogball XV

Quote from: Sionnach on November 05, 2009, 12:53:52 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on October 26, 2009, 03:10:22 PM

And as for the irish commentary, they really should get rid of it.

erm..ithe whole point of its existence is that it's supposed  to be an Irish station, it carrries quite enough English programmes as it is without making them too.  :)
Aye, but in order to attract the big bucks from advertisers they should broadcast the games in english - they're up against the super sunday or whatever sky call that shite, in terms of spend, it's known that people who don't speak irish spend more on beer, and high value consumer goods, irish speakers tend to spend money on fiddles, arran jumpers and bodhrans - who's going to pay more for advertising, a beer manufacturer or a bodhran maker?  They can always have the irish coming up in subtitles if they want.

crossfire

What games are being shown on TG4 today.?

randomtask

AFS

Munster Football Quarter Final between Kerins O'Rahillys and Clonakilty and Ulster Football Quarter Final between Dromore and Clontibret (deferred).

Lecale2

TG4 on Sunday 15th November - Munster SHC semi final live with the Galway SHC final deferred.