TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on October 19, 2015, 07:31:53 PM
I emailed TG4 and they said that the highlights show was geoblocked. The live games from the previous Sunday worked fine, but yesterday's seem not to.  This is a very unwelcome development, as there are no club games on Gaago. Whatever about the merits or cost of GaaGo, I don't agree with the GAA blocking games and then not putting them on some other distribution channel.
I'm only away for a couple of months but this is not good for those away in general, especially if highlights programmes remain blocked for all time.

Anyone know anything about this?

Google Chrome Hola?
MWWSI 2017

WT4E

Who was the presenter of GAA beo at the weekend?

Zulu

Quote from: armaghniac on October 19, 2015, 08:41:04 PM
Quote from: Zulu on October 19, 2015, 08:35:27 PM
Club games are on GAA Go, aren't they?

I cannot see any evidence of it. Perhaps they'll show the finals or the like, but I cannot see anything at present.

Looks like your right armaghniac, I bought the bloody thing thinking I'd get all the club games too but it seems I'm not. Are the games geo-blocked on TG4 now? Disaster if so.

armaghniac

Quote from: Zulu on October 22, 2015, 04:41:40 PM

I cannot see any evidence of it. Perhaps they'll show the finals or the like, but I cannot see anything at present.

Looks like your right armaghniac, I bought the bloody thing thinking I'd get all the club games too but it seems I'm not. Are the games geo-blocked on TG4 now? Disaster if so.

Leaving aside the issue of Sky, if I were in an overseas club I'd bring some sort of motion to Congress along the lines of requiring the GAA to put on GAAGo anything they require TV stations to block and have these less popular games included in season ticket type setups on GAAgo. If TG4 have filmed the thing putting it on GaaGo would be a simple job.

Apart from anything else if there is a regular option people will take it, if not than an industry of VPNs and poxy servers springs up. 

As an aside some of the initiatives like Armagh TV might be brought under some sort of umbrella for payment and login and so on.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SaffronHeart

So is GAA BEO unavailable to viewers with saorview and tg4 in the North now?

armaghniac

If you have Saorview then you'll always be fine. Rights are for Ireland so TG4 will still be fine on the mini mux, I imagine. It is those whose ip number is outside Ireland that are kiboshed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

drici

Clough/Ballacolla v Oulart the Ballagh    beo

Scotstown v Slaughtneil   iarbheo

Earlier start this Sunday as sunset will be at 4-56pm in Áth na gCoire.

Show begins at 1-30pm.

joemamas

Quote from: Zulu on October 22, 2015, 04:41:40 PM

Live outside Ireland also and have a problem getting access.

I love the concept of TG4, but often wondered if the person who designs their website, and or their online access was a former maze architect in his prior life. It is brutal.

I called station once, was punted to someone else, it was like calling motor vehicles. Press 1 for this 2 for that, if you forgot why you called press star.

The Artful Dodger

if you have an android device..download Mobdro...youll be able to get rte tg4 etc etc

WT4E

PW Nally

Someone give co-commentator in Oulart v Clough Ballacolla match a coffee, hoor is talking in his sleep.

drici

Clann na nGael v Castlebar Mitchels    beo

Na Piarsaigh v Thurles Sarsfields   iarbheo

Show begins at 1-30pm.

AZOffaly

That Thurles game is not on this weekend. It's been pushed back a week due to the sad accident which killed one of their backroom team over the weekend.

Lecale2

RIP

Any word on what they are showing instead?

drici

Clann na nGael v Castlebar Mitchels    beo

Ballygunner v Glen Rovers   iarbheo