TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Vincents should beat Ballinderry if they keep their heads, but that's obviously not a given. Other semi depends on which Crokes team turns up.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on December 08, 2013, 06:10:06 PM
Vincents should beat Ballinderry if they keep their heads, but that's obviously not a given. Other semi depends on which Crokes team turns up.

how good are balinderry?  I haven't seen much of them but I thought they were very good against Glenswilly.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on December 08, 2013, 06:26:05 PM

how good are balinderry?  I haven't seen much of them but I thought they were very good against Glenswilly.

Thought Glenswilly were very limited and it was quite easy for them to push Murphy to the margins of the game. Once that happened Glenswilly had no answer and their goals really masked how much of a mis-match it was. Ballinderry obviously have previous but it's not like they've been a power in recent times like Vincents have been.

The fact Vincents won today with some of their stars under-performing is a good indication that the panel is there to make an AI run.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on December 08, 2013, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 08, 2013, 06:26:05 PM

Thought Glenswilly were very limited and it was quite easy for them to push Murphy to the margins of the game. Once that happened Glenswilly had no answer and their goals really masked how much of a mis-match it was. Ballinderry obviously have previous but it's not like they've been a power in recent times like Vincents have been.

The fact Vincents won today with some of their stars under-performing is a good indication that the panel is there to make an AI run.

I would argue the opposite. Our panel is nowhere near as good as 2007/2008.

We're totally reliant on the form of 5/6 players at present who actually are getting no credit whatsoever  in the match reports anywhere. And I'm not talking about Brennan or Connolly. These guys have dragged us over the line time and again this year.

Captain Obvious

Nothing between Ballinderry,Vincents that potential semi final could go either way. Dr Crokes look great against the weaker Kerry,Munster sides however all the remaining teams sides are more than a match for them.

INDIANA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 08, 2013, 06:57:52 PM
Nothing between Ballinderry,Vincents that potential semi final could go either way. Dr Crokes look great against the weaker Kerry,Munster sides however all the remaining teams sides are more than a match for them.

ballina could be the dark horse in all of this

Captain Obvious

Quote from: INDIANA on December 08, 2013, 07:10:30 PM

Ballina have no chance maybe Castlebar have  ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 08, 2013, 07:41:07 PM

AH ;D those few pints have really kicked in. Nice one. Ha Ha.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on December 08, 2013, 07:54:29 PM

To be fair it would be some upset were Ballina to win this. True dark horses.

Mitchtels have big Barry back and they'll need him, Kirby and King on top form to beat Crokes.

When you get to the AISFs match-up are almost always within the margin of error, all four sides have real shots, but Vincent's and Crokes are rightfully going to be the favoured teams.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on December 08, 2013, 09:44:09 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 08, 2013, 07:54:29 PM

To be fair it would be some upset were Ballina to win this. True dark horses.

Mitchtels have big Barry back and they'll need him, Kirby and King on top form to beat Crokes.

When you get to the AISFs match-up are almost always within the margin of error, all four sides have real shots, but Vincent's and Crokes are rightfully going to be the favoured teams.

I honestly think Balinderry are a good side. they've a lot of guys with senior inter county experience and that counts for a lot at club level. I thought Castlebar were good and Crokes have only beaten poor teams in Munster.

rodney trotter

Crokes have a stonger panel then last season, Shane Doolan and Mike Maloney were in London last year. They got it tight enough in the Munster final in the end, and were nearly pipped, but had kicked 10 unanswered points at one stage against Cratloe.

drici

Clare Senior Hurling Championship Final
Crusheen v Cratloe

Waterford Senior Hurling Championship Final
Ballygunner v Mount Sion

The Winners of these matches will play each other in the Munster Senior Hurling Championship Quarter Final in Waterford with the Winners of that playing the Tipperary Champions in the Semi Final.

drici

Dia Luain   06 - 10 - 14
Highlights 8-30pm

Kilcoo v Burren

Scotstown v Clontibret

Crusheen v Cratloe

Ballygunner v Mount Sion

Farrandeelin

Any word on what will be shown next weekend drici?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

drici

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2014, 02:23:04 PM

Any word on what will be shown next weekend drici?

Rhode v Edenderry is favourite.
Achill just got their second goal just before Half Time and will have a strong wind advantage in the 2nd Half.