The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2018, 09:15:45 PM
No, I'm saying I haven't given it any more thought. I've plenty to be thinking about without wasting time on what, so far, appeared to be another trumped up piece of right wing propaganda. But based on Hannity and Fox's actions, I'd imagine it's going to take seriously credible information to put it on the front page.
Fair enough. It's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible. But because it's mainstream it's seems fair game.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteIt's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?

screenexile

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 13, 2018, 07:06:42 PM
JFC - we're back to Seth Rich
Are we? I just asked a question.
Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2018, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 13, 2018, 02:01:22 PM
Putin must be exhausted running two countries.

Luckily for him, he gets paid very, very, very well.

It's a shit show . . . do you see how much Europe relies on natural gas from Russia??!!

There's only one Commander in Chief now and it certainly isn't "The Donald"!
I think it's highly likely that you're wrong and I'm giving you until the end of the day to provide a credible response.

Get yourself familiar with Bill Browder . . . and stop talking about f**king Seth Rich!!!
As above, simple question.
Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2018, 07:16:50 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 06:59:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2018, 06:51:34 PM
Hyperbole aside, do you not find it rather curious that Trump, he of the itchiest twitter finger on the planet and recklessly cavalier when it comes to naming and shaming and blaming, continually bends over backwards not to find fault with Putin and the Russians?

The Brits, including their Prime Minister, the US Secretary of State, the US British ambassador and all the rest are hardly party to information impugning the Russians that Trump doesn't have. And hours later, Tillerson is out on his arse.
I do find it curious when I think of it. I'm just not as sure of the reasons as others.

Would you put any weight behind the Seth Rich story or just dismiss it?

I've seen no reason to put any weight behind (or much thought at all about) it since Fox News issued their mea culpa retraction last year following Hannity's campaign.
Thanks for being polite. I'm following Matt Couch's campaign on it. Are you saying that because Fox News retracted their story that it's automatically not a story? No need for the other two to reply. I know you're above me.

You don't think Putin is in charge? He's interfered with an election in the world's biggest country. Trump seems scared to say anything negative about Russia at all. He's murdered someone in the UK with nerve gas.

Russia control the majority of the natural gas piped around Europe.

What part of Putin's in charge do you not understand? Is there anything I've said that is wrong?!

As I've said read some Bill Browder articles and listen to some of his interviews to understand a bit about how things work in Russia!!

Esmarelda

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 13, 2018, 09:41:49 PM
QuoteIt's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?
How the conflict in Syria is reported, how the Ukraine situation was reported, the alleged state doping, the investigation into the shooting down of MH17, the Sergei Skripal case and basically any time Nikki Haley has a camera in front of her.

Gabriel_Hurl

The stories about "alleged state doping" aren't credible? Now I know you are on the f**king windup Comrade Esmarelda

Esmarelda

Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2018, 09:43:04 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 13, 2018, 07:06:42 PM
JFC - we're back to Seth Rich
Are we? I just asked a question.
Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2018, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 13, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 13, 2018, 02:01:22 PM
Putin must be exhausted running two countries.

Luckily for him, he gets paid very, very, very well.

It's a shit show . . . do you see how much Europe relies on natural gas from Russia??!!

There's only one Commander in Chief now and it certainly isn't "The Donald"!
I think it's highly likely that you're wrong and I'm giving you until the end of the day to provide a credible response.

Get yourself familiar with Bill Browder . . . and stop talking about f**king Seth Rich!!!
As above, simple question.
Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2018, 07:16:50 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 06:59:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2018, 06:51:34 PM
Hyperbole aside, do you not find it rather curious that Trump, he of the itchiest twitter finger on the planet and recklessly cavalier when it comes to naming and shaming and blaming, continually bends over backwards not to find fault with Putin and the Russians?

The Brits, including their Prime Minister, the US Secretary of State, the US British ambassador and all the rest are hardly party to information impugning the Russians that Trump doesn't have. And hours later, Tillerson is out on his arse.
I do find it curious when I think of it. I'm just not as sure of the reasons as others.

Would you put any weight behind the Seth Rich story or just dismiss it?

I've seen no reason to put any weight behind (or much thought at all about) it since Fox News issued their mea culpa retraction last year following Hannity's campaign.
Thanks for being polite. I'm following Matt Couch's campaign on it. Are you saying that because Fox News retracted their story that it's automatically not a story? No need for the other two to reply. I know you're above me.

You don't think Putin is in charge? He's interfered with an election in the world's biggest country. Trump seems scared to say anything negative about Russia at all. He's murdered someone in the UK with nerve gas.

Russia control the majority of the natural gas piped around Europe.

What part of Putin's in charge do you not understand? Is there anything I've said that is wrong?!

As I've said read some Bill Browder articles and listen to some of his interviews to understand a bit about how things work in Russia!!
This is what I'm talking about. The bits in bold are not fact. You may claim they are and think they are, but they're not, at least not yet.

I'll look up Bill Browder though.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 13, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
The stories about "alleged state doping" aren't credible? Now I know you are on the f**king windup Comrade Esmarelda
One thing you can rest assured of is that I'm not on the wind-up.

Enlighten me on the state-doping story. What have I missed?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote"We should have a new force called the Space Force. It's like the Army and the Navy, but for space, because we're spending a lot of money on space."

omochain

Looking like Conor Lamb is going to win in Pennsylvania. Blue wave is building. GOP don't know whether to embrace Trump or shun him.

seafoid

Quote from: omochain on March 14, 2018, 05:37:28 AM
Looking like Conor Lamb is going to win in Pennsylvania. Blue wave is building. GOP don't know whether to embrace Trump or shun him.
The GOP would have won that special election if it didn't have an asshole as President
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

screenexile

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 10:33:54 PM

Watch Icarus on Netflix . . . it is widely known in every circle now that Russia conducted a State Sponsored doping programme for many years. Read the McLaren report, read up on Dick Pound and check out a few of his interviews.

Also on the USA election interference I'm not saying there was collusion with any of the campaigns (we will wait until Mueller finally reports on his investigation) but you cannot deny the army of Russian bots spewing out propaganda and misinformation throughout the campaign in favour of our orange friend!!

whitey

2 observations

Dems actually ran a candidate who had local appeal and differs from the National DNC platform on numerous issues

Third party candidate cost the Republican in the same way Jill Stein cost Hillary

Esmarelda

Quote from: screenexile on March 14, 2018, 11:29:17 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 10:33:54 PM

Watch Icarus on Netflix . . . it is widely known in every circle now that Russia conducted a State Sponsored doping programme for many years. Read the McLaren report, read up on Dick Pound and check out a few of his interviews.

Also on the USA election interference I'm not saying there was collusion with any of the campaigns (we will wait until Mueller finally reports on his investigation) but you cannot deny the army of Russian bots spewing out propaganda and misinformation throughout the campaign in favour of our orange friend!!
I haven't denied anything and yes, it would appear that a group of Russians sent out ads and posts on social media. Here's just a few I came across:

"[A] particular hype and hatred for Trump is misleading the people and forcing Blacks to vote Killary. We cannot resort to the lesser of two devils. Then we'd surely be better off without voting AT ALL." and "Hillary is a Satan, and her crimes and lies had proved just how evil she is"

The relevance of this is what though? Is this what everyone was waiting for? Is this any worse than what Trump said during the campaign. Maybe there's more to it than this?

I haven't read the McLaren report itself, but I have read a bit online about it. McLaren is quoted as saying "We don't have any evidence of a systematic, state-wide doping mechanism. If we did, we would have published it and so we have to go on the inference. But across a vast country [with] all sorts of different training camps, it has to be somehow state supported but we can't actually describe for you how that operates. We can only draw the inference."

The report seems to be based almost entirely on the word of Grigory Rodchenkov. The report refers to extensive documentation, none of which has been made public. Rodchenkov seems to have been in the middle of the scandal but is deemed trustworthy. McLaren "did not seek to interview persons living in the Russian Federation .... I did not seek to meet with Russian government officials and did not think it necessary..."

I'm only saying what I've read. I'm not saying anything is or isn't true. I'm saying that there is at least some doubt surrounding these issues but I'll take a look at Icarus.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on March 14, 2018, 11:58:59 AM

2 observations

Dems actually ran a candidate who had local appeal and differs from the National DNC platform on numerous issues

Third party candidate cost the Republican in the same way Jill Stein cost Hillary
The GOP shouldn't be anywhere needing that excuse though