The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 20, 2015, 10:04:47 AM
Many early starters already making big moves with several on 4 or 5 under for the front nine so far. Looks like the winner will need to be on about -18

Looks like the front 9 is there for the taking provided the wind doesn't get up... what's the chances of the weather changing do we know?

Booked the afternoon off... Looking forward to it!

aontroim abu

Just announced on BBC:

In the scenario of an amateur winning The Open, the £1.15m top prize was set to go the player who finished second. Not anymore...

The Open chiefs have released the following statement...

"The Open is a standalone championship and the Championship Committee does not believe that first-place prize money should be paid to a second place finisher.

"Amateur players are not eligible to win prize money and therefore, should an amateur win The 144th Open first place prize money will be distributed proportionately among the professional players who have made the cut."

screenexile

Quote from: aontroim abu on July 20, 2015, 12:50:19 PM
Just announced on BBC:

In the scenario of an amateur winning The Open, the £1.15m top prize was set to go the player who finished second. Not anymore...

"The Open is a standalone championship and the Championship Committee does not believe that first-place prize money should be paid to a second place finisher.

"Amateur players are not eligible to win prize money and therefore, should an amateur win The 144th Open first place prize money will be distributed proportionately among the professional players who have made the cut."

Not much comfort to Dunne but that's fair enough I think. You shouldn't be winning £1.1m for coming second.

What is wrong with Dustin Johnson? Birdie bogey start for him when he should be tearing the place up in the favourable conditions... word is the weather is to change in the evening time!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: aontroim abu on July 20, 2015, 12:50:19 PM
Just announced on BBC:

Which is the best result (money wise) for everybody
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

40 players within 5 shots of the lead.

17th is claiming victims.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

I wonder what's the biggest number of players there has been in a playoff?
Phil Mick had a mare on the 17th, landing on someone's balcony with his tee shot and ended up with a triple bogey.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

Loads of decent scoring going on, but nothing yet to make the overnight leaders worried. If any of them posts -2 or -3 on the front 9, then the chasing pack still out on the course will need to force it on the last 6 holes, which on today's evidence will result in bogeys.

I'm hoping there's  play-off myself. would be a nice treat on getting home from work.

laoislad

Some start for Harrington 2 birdies on the first 2 holes.
Joint top now.

screenexile

Not a good start for Dunne!!

ludermor

Dunne could be under pressure to be leading amateur the way the scoring is going today. At the minute Ashley Chesters is 5 under for the day and 11 under overall and Oliver Schienderjans is 5 under for the day and 9 under overall. Crazy scores for amateurs!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on July 20, 2015, 02:36:29 PM
Not a good start for Dunne!!
He looks shocking nervous.
Hope he pulls it together.

Pub Bore

Dunne might have got lucky on 2.  At one stage playing 5 off the tee but looks like they've found his original tee shot.

Pub Bore

Bogey, Bogey start for Dunne.  Could have been a lot worse on 2.  play off on the cards?

laoislad

Excellent birdie from Dunne to hopefully settle the nerves.

screenexile

Got a birdie back well played young Dunne. I feared the worst for a while.

Its gonna be sorted out on the back 9 there sounds like a few holes are playing horribly which will take a few prisoners.

Playoff definitely on the cards!