Casting from Kodi / xmbc query

Started by StGallsGAA, June 03, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Got a question for the tech experts on here!

I have a 32inch Logik TV in one of the rooms and I am trying to get it to connect to my wireless bluetooth headphones, problem being there is no headphones jack on the TV?

Any ideas, or just forget about it and buy a new TV?

The Gs Man

Hmmm.  You might want something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereo-Y-Cable-TRSF-Dual-RCA/dp/B00EOGJQRO/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1439971330&sr=8-13&keywords=Dual+RCA+Stereo+Breakout

Plug your headphones into the jack and the red and black boyos into the video socket things in your TV.

Worth a try if you can buy a cheap connector somewhere.
Keep 'er lit

ludermor

Bought a Fire TV stick in the last Amazon sale but only got around to setting it up last night. Getting kodi installed is not the easiest despite all the helpful tutorials but i got there in the end.
I have added some of the add-ons noted here ( Vdubt25 ,Iptvstalker,Pak hind) but none of the channells are workign on Pak Hind and the Irish channels don't work on Vdub25. Do they automatic update or do you have to look for new add-ons?
Got the Mutts Nuts and it worked brilliantly.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: ludermor on August 20, 2015, 09:15:29 AM
Bought a Fire TV stick in the last Amazon sale but only got around to setting it up last night. Getting kodi installed is not the easiest despite all the helpful tutorials but i got there in the end.
I have added some of the add-ons noted here ( Vdubt25 ,Iptvstalker,Pak hind) but none of the channells are workign on Pak Hind and the Irish channels don't work on Vdub25. Do they automatic update or do you have to look for new add-ons?
Got the Mutts Nuts and it worked brilliantly.

I have limited knowledge of the subject having just set it up recently as well. I read somewhere that Vdubt25 usually works better during the weekends, it's not on 24/7 as far as I know. You can follow him on Twitter.

ludermor

Cheers, I'm sure it will be a learning curve!

nrico2006

I had to do a factory reset on my phone yesterday and was re-installing everything and ran into problems when trying to put KODI back on.  I was getting the message 'there was a problem parsing the package'.  KODIs website was saying that the new version of KODI has left any phones with android versions less than 4.2 behind (mines is 4.1.2).  Does anybody know where I can get the last version of KODI that works with 4.1.2? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 26, 2015, 08:30:14 AM
I had to do a factory reset on my phone yesterday and was re-installing everything and ran into problems when trying to put KODI back on.  I was getting the message 'there was a problem parsing the package'.  KODIs website was saying that the new version of KODI has left any phones with android versions less than 4.2 behind (mines is 4.1.2).  Does anybody know where I can get the last version of KODI that works with 4.1.2?

Install tvmc would be a good bet.  Has movie and sports preloaded.  Think the website is tvaddons.org. It's the one I use.  Added vdubt25 for the sky sports... Good job

Boycey

Quote from: JoG2 on August 26, 2015, 09:10:17 AM

Install tvmc would be a good bet.  Has movie and sports preloaded.  Think the website is tvaddons.org. It's the one I use.  Added vdubt25 for the sky sports... Good job

Don't think that'll solve his problem as tvmc will be based around new version of Kodi? If I'm understanding it right its a phone issue rather than a kodi issue?

Heres a link to versions back as far as Kodi 14.0, hopefully that version  supports your phone

http://www.videohelp.com/software/XBMC/old-versions

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2015, 10:48:16 AM

Don't think that'll solve his problem as tvmc will be based around new version of Kodi? If I'm understanding it right its a phone issue rather than a kodi issue?

Heres a link to versions back as far as Kodi 14.0, hopefully that version  supports your phone

alrighty..ignore so nrico

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on August 26, 2015, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: Boycey on August 26, 2015, 10:48:16 AM

alrighty..ignore so nrico

Thanks lads.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Smokin Joe

I assume to install Kodi onto Firestick I need to insert the Fire Stick into my laptop's HDMI port?

And then when Kodi and the add ons are loaded I can move back to my TV?

And for any future add ons I assume that I need to install from the laptop again?

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 16, 2015, 04:13:03 PM
I assume to install Kodi onto Firestick I need to insert the Fire Stick into my laptop's HDMI port?

And for any future add ons I assume that I need to install from the laptop again?

No you do it wirelessly with firestick in tv... Theres an app that does most of the work for you, its name is adbfire I think. There are loads of youtube videos detailing the procedure..

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Boycey on September 16, 2015, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 16, 2015, 04:13:03 PM

No you do it wirelessly with firestick in tv... Theres an app that does most of the work for you, its name is adbfire I think. There are loads of youtube videos detailing the procedure..

Cheers.  Yeah, I seen this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg4I1D98C0c) but he was silent about what to physically do with the stick.  I guess because he thought it was obvious!!!

Smokin Joe

What add ons are recommended for the Saturday 3pm soccer?

I have got Pak India, but I assume it would be good to have a few options (like having access to the Bein sports channels)?

laoislad

Sports Devil has been working the best for me the last few weeks.
Pak Hind not working for me at all.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.