GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Still no word on this weekends fixtures in the North.

Looks like there wont be crowds at any games for one game at least

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 15, 2020, 06:29:16 PM
The 500 crowds that was expected to be allowed for club games this Monday is now look to be getting pushed back to August 10th.

Only 200 allowed in attendance for now and that will include players, management and officials.

How are they going to enforce that? Are they really going to have a person on the gate turning people away?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

downjim

At the minute supporters cannot watch a match in Crossmaglen but watch a match in Sheelagh. The GAA in the North is being left behind by a so called all Ireland organisation. I have not seen or heard any of or MLA's bemoan the fact that this injustice is happening.

APM

Quote from: downjim on July 16, 2020, 10:05:57 AM
At the minute supporters cannot watch a match in Crossmaglen but watch a match in Sheelagh. The GAA in the North is being left behind by a so called all Ireland organisation. I have not seen or heard any of or MLA's bemoan the fact that this injustice is happening.

http://www.irishnews.com/paywall/tsb/irishnews/irishnews/irishnews//news/northernirelandnews/2020/07/14/news/differing-coronavirus-rules-undermining-all-island-nature-of-gaa--2004498/content.html

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: APM on July 16, 2020, 10:26:49 AM

http://www.irishnews.com/paywall/tsb/irishnews/irishnews/irishnews//news/northernirelandnews/2020/07/14/news/differing-coronavirus-rules-undermining-all-island-nature-of-gaa--2004498/content.html

So to ensure equality the Clubs in the South should have zero spectators too?

Stormont are meeting on this on Friday anyway.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mackers

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 16, 2020, 10:38:22 AM
Are you sure? Hope you're right but I heard that they weren't meeting again until the 20th.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 16, 2020, 09:07:46 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 15, 2020, 06:29:16 PM
The 500 crowds that was expected to be allowed for club games this Monday is now look to be getting pushed back to August 10th.

Only 200 allowed in attendance for now and that will include players, management and officials.

How are they going to enforce that? Are they really going to have a person on the gate turning people away?
Gates/turnstiles closed. Only the 100 spectators with tickets bought in advance get let in.
I believe we already have a sell out for a Ros hurling Championship match this weekend ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

APM

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 16, 2020, 10:38:22 AM
Quote from: APM on July 16, 2020, 10:26:49 AM

So to ensure equality the Clubs in the South should have zero spectators too?

I don't think I said that?

Rossfan

I doubt if the GAA or sport is top of the agenda in Stormont or Executive.

thewobbler

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2020, 11:50:22 AM

It's not top. But it'll be pretty high up.

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on July 16, 2020, 11:53:04 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2020, 11:50:22 AM

It's not top. But it'll be pretty high up.

As much as public and private Gyms are also allowed to open but not those on the GAA's premises...

Strange that the clubs in the North weren't allowed leeway on this considering the local legislation allows for it.

downjim

Go on father, go on. Lock the gates to God's house. Sure they were locked at the time of the Famine too. No priest died the time of the Famine: only poor people like us.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: downjim on July 16, 2020, 04:16:04 PM
Go on father, go on. Lock the gates to God's house. Sure they were locked at the time of the Famine too. No priest died the time of the Famine: only poor people like us.
God made the world and seaweed made that field boy.

Targetman

No bother getting umpires tomorrow night!!

Rossfan

Killeshin in Laois ceasing activities till 27th July.