MOT query

Started by God14, June 12, 2017, 09:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: armaghniac on June 13, 2017, 09:50:10 PM
When Ireland is united you will have to bring your paperwork, and get a proper test of the yoke too.
[/quote,
Yep the NCT is a pain in the hole.

ONeill

I find if you do a bit of flirting you're flyin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

paddyjohn

Just be careful as my wife went to MOT a few weeks back and they asked her for every bit of paperwork. Beer serious fraud in the test centres around Mallusk and Larne and possibly Ballymena over the last 6months. Throw a test man £100 and he'll give you a test certificate no questions asked. I never thought it was possible but clearly it is.

MoChara

Quote from: snoopdog on June 13, 2017, 10:49:23 PM
When Ireland is united you will have to bring your paperwork, and get a proper test of the yoke too.
Yep the NCT is a pain in the hole.

Would the NCT be a lot strcter than the MOT?

Taylor

Pity they werent as strict with who they let drive on the road or give licenses to

on the sideline

Up for the test in the morning. Just got two new tyres put on the front of her.  Was going to get the 4 wheels lined but their ramp wasn't sitting level so they couldn't do it.  Just wondering if I need to get her lined before the test tomorrow or would it do til afterwards? Like is there any point when they're gonna be pulling and banging at it tomorrow? Getting it lined moreso to stop tyres wearing or one side of them wearing more than the other. Thanks.

Jim Bob

Anyone having bother getting an MOT date before their current expires ?
Got my letter this morning for car which is due at end of September. Earliest I can get online is October during day which does not suit.
Whats happening out there anyway? Is it as bad as it appears to be ?

An Watcher

Had to get an appointment a few weeks back by the 10th of August. Best I could get initially was 20th August. I went ahead and booked this and then checked morning and night for a few days until I spotted an 8th August date. Happy days, all sorted, no problems.
Don't think you're going to get your date straight away but book the best available and then change it shortly after.

screenexile

Get online at 9 in the morning when they release the cancellations it's your only bet.

I haven't the letter yet but I'm due early September and when I heard the problems booked at the end of June to be sure so was able to get an appointment in time but yeah I think it's pretty bad at the minute!!

playwiththewind1st

Mine was up at end of June & i was going to be away. You can get it done up to a month in advance, so I had it done at end of May. There's no reason to wait for any letter.  If you're organised at all, it shouldn't be a problem.

RedHand88

If you're prepared to try more than 1 centre and check every morning at 9, there is absolutely no problem. Got mine in June for 5days from when I booked it.

Jim Bob

Got an appointment but not in my local mot centre.
If I spot a suitable appointment in my locality the meantime, , am I able to do a online transfer?

trailer

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 06, 2019, 07:12:26 AM
If I spot a suitable appointment in my locality the meantime, , am I able to do a online transfer?

Yeah it's fairly simple. Try and check around 9:00 and you'll get a cancellation.
Here's the link.
https://www.dvtaonlineni.gov.uk/public/changeVehicleAppointment_1CollectInfo.aspx

Jim Bob

Quote from: trailer on August 06, 2019, 08:23:22 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 06, 2019, 07:12:26 AM

Yeah it's fairly simple. Try and check around 9:00 and you'll get a cancellation.
Here's the link.
https://www.dvtaonlineni.gov.uk/public/changeVehicleAppointment_1CollectInfo.aspx

Cheers. Good man

BennyCake

Here, what's the situation around the MOT test now?

Mine is up mid May. Will probably get a reminder early to mid April.

At this stage, how long of a delay is there?