Lost Passports Thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 19, 2008, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Cant find my birth certificate and need one by tomorrow!!

How can i get one, and how much?

open her out

i had to ring some place in belfast forget where. cost me 23 quid. took a few days tho

Our Nail Loney

f**k! That would be too late.

Am going on holidays next wednesday. Lost passport. Needa get a new application down to dublin tomorrow! With birth certificate it says! I am fooked.

MayoMan

http://www.groireland.ie/docs/BirthEnglishApp.doc

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/birth-family-relationships/registrar_birth_marr_death/?searchterm=birth%20certificate

If you need to apply for a birth, marriage or death certificate, or a copy of these certificates you can get in touch with the appropriate Registrar in any Registrar's District. Alternatively, you can apply to the General Register Office in Roscommon. Adopted children's Birth Certificates are only available from the General Register Office.

You will be required to pay a small fee if you require a copy of these certificates.
General Register Office
Line 1:
Government Offices

Line 2:
Convent Road

Line 5:
Roscommon

County:
Roscommon

IRELAND
Tel:+353 90 663 2900
Locall:1890 25 20 76
Fax:+353 90 663 2999
Homepage:http://www.groireland.ie/

MayoMan

So get on the bike and head to Ros.....

Our Nail Loney

MayoMan

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: MayoMan on August 19, 2008, 06:00:48 PM
And you dont drive....  :D

Take it you have read the other thread!! f**king raging, dnno where I could have put it. There is a folder in my da's room with his, me ma's, my three bros and my sisters! Not f**king mine though!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

PLEASE NOTE WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR BIRTHS REGISTERED IN NORTHERN IRELAND. ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED.     
How Do I Apply?

In Person:

By taking your application form to the General Register Office. The office is open Monday to Friday 9.30am- 4.00pm ( Excluding Public, bank and all Northern Ireland government holidays. PLEASE NOTE: The office opens at 10am on the 1st Tuesday of each month due to staff training ).

By Post:

By forwarding the application and fee to :

The General Register Office
   Oxford House
   49-55 Chichester Street
   BELFAST BT1 4HL

The application form is available to print by clicking here. 
If you do not have a PDF viewer, please take a moment and download Adobe Acrobat. 

By Telephone:

By telephoning (028) 90252000 if you have Visa/Mastercard. You should have your card with you when you ring as we will require your card number and expiry date.

By Fax:

Fax your completed application form to (028) 90252120. The application form is available to print by clicking here.

By Internet:

Our online facility is currently unavailable due to essential maintenance.

Please note: When a credit card is used to pay for a certificate the General Register Office can only issue the certificate to the card holder's address.

How Long Will it Take?

Personal Applications: Ready for collection or posting in THREE working days.

Postal Applications: Processed within SEVEN working days of the application being received.

Telephone Applications: Processed within SEVEN working days of the application being received.

Fax Applications: Processed within SEVEN working days of the application being received.

Priority Applications: Personal applications will be ready within one hour, if the extra fee is paid.

Priority applications received by post, telephone, fax will be issued by first class mail, on the day of receipt provided they are received before 14:30 hours. Applications received after this time will not be processed until the next working day.

How Do I Pay?

Personal Applications: You can pay by cash, cheque (accompanied by a cheque guarantee card), postal order or by using a valid Visa/Mastercard.

Postal Applications: You can pay by cheque or postal order made payable to 'The Registrar General' or by using a valid Visa/Mastercard.

Fax Applications: You can pay by a valid Visa or Mastercard.

Further Enquiries

If you have any questions or require further information you can contact The General Register Office on (028) 90252000 or email gro.nisra@dfpni.gov.uk

What information is needed ?

Full name of person whose birth certificate is required.
Date and place of birth.
Names of parents (including mother's maiden name.)
Mother's residence at time of birth.

Please note we can only accept the information on the appropriate application forms. The application forms can be downloaded and posted to the General Register Office when fully completed.

We can undertake a search provided we are given sufficient information about the person concerned. If insufficient information is provided this will inevitably lead to delays, the possibility of extra fees being incurred or the entry not being found. Searches will be made in the year quoted plus the two years either side unless a wider search is requested. A further fee will be required for every additional five years searched.

Fees payable for Certificates and Searches

Full certified copy of an entry of birth £ 12.00

Where two or more full certified copies of the same entry are applied for at the same time, the first copy will be charged at £ 12.00 and any additional copies at £ 6.00 each.

Where an applicant can supply full particulars including the register entry number and date of registration the fee will be £ 6.00.

Short birth certificate £ 12.00

A short certificate shows only the surname, name, sex, date of birth and (in most cases) the district of birth. Such a certificate is generally accepted for all purposes for which evidence of age only is required.

Where an applicant can supply full particulars including the register entry number and date of registration the fee will be £ 6.00 .

Priority Certificate £ 29.00

Birth certificates can be produced within one hour for personal applications. Postal, telephone, fax applications received before 14:30 hours will be dispatched the same day.

Statutory Purpose Certificate £6.00

Certificates for Education & Social Security Purposes can be produced at a reduced fee. Proof from the Department of Education or Department of Health and Social Services must be included with your application. These certificates may only be used for the purposes provided.

Search only £6.00

For each five year period or part of it.

For the purpose of detection and prevention of crime, information relating to this application may be passed onto other government or law enforcement agencies.

3 working days looking like your best hope Nail.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Cheers Paddy but I am gonna need the priority one, £29! f**k sake... I'm going away on wednesday and skint as it is! My fualt for leaving it all last minute!!

MayoMan

You'll get sorted loney are you going to ibiza?.... Do ye lads up north get a choice of a british or irish passport and can you have both if you want??

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: MayoMan on August 19, 2008, 06:13:10 PM
You'll get sorted looney are you going to ibiza?.... Do ye lads up north get a choice of a british or irish passport and can you have both if you want??

Going to ayia napa for a week, with a few posters. 8 of us in total going with another few lads coming two days later.

Aye we get the choice of the passports but some people wouldn't be seen dead wityh a brit one, you might as well surrender!!  :D

I was thinknig about getting a brit one at the last min there because it was quick but they have interviews an all these days I think so I just said f**k it, stick to what I know. I dunno what the rules are regarding holding the two, I wouldn't think you could. I was thinking about sending off the two applications there and seeing which would be quicker but I am sure there would have been problems. Look at Darren Gibson!

MayoMan

Was in ayia napa last year with a few lads, some craic, great place.... went to ibiza this year it wasn't as good... Hire a quad over there, there great fun, drive down past nissy beach and take a road to the left go down to the end of the road and there's a dirt track with jumps on it, its mad.... i'll go back there again next year if i'm not engaged... jais women hate the lads holidays...  :(

Our Nail Loney

Luckily enough I booked this holiday a while before I srtated officially going with the woman now!!

Unfortunately we lost a few fellas from last years holidays to long term relationships. RIP lads...

Our Nail Loney

My da seems to think I can get a birth certificate from Craigavon Civic Centre tomorrow... Would be a lot handier than going to belfast as I have to head to dublin after!!! I have known I need this passport for ages!! The most disorganised person in the world.