TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Square Ball on January 03, 2020, 12:40:05 PM
Yeah from memory he got it showed back on 🤯😢, did he also star in an "adult film" after the incident?

Only in America!!

Main Street

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 03, 2020, 12:15:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 02, 2020, 10:06:08 PM
I finished Lorena last night,  a 4 x 1 hour documentary.
Lorena Bobbit that is, those old enough need no more prompting because most everbody on this planet and others around the universe  have  heard about the bould Lorena.  It could easily have been edited to 3 hours, but overall a worthwhile dramatic window into a slice of social history.
It's fair to boil it down to,  males reacted to the actual chop, females wondered what must have happened to her in order for her to resort to the final solution.

If memory serves, didn't she throw it out the car window?
I'm I imagining it, or did he get "it" sewn back on?
Pour auld John Wayne.
That was one of the interesting experiences, to compare retained memory of the details of this spectacular story  to the actual facts.
I thought she had thrown it into the garden on the way to the car, but no, she threw it out of the car window but not in a reckless manner. She was stopped for some reason, she lowered the drivers door window and very deftly flipped it over the roof into the scrub area beside the kerb. While the search for it was in progress, the police were afraid she might have swallowed it ;D   
Sorry folks I'm way beyond any cringe factor.

It's on Amazon Prime and it's well worth a gander to see what transpired afterwards to these 2 people, Bubba Bobbit  and lucious Lorena.

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on January 02, 2020, 04:03:47 PM
3 episodes into Messiah on Netflix, really interesting, lot of potential.
Gorged on this, very very good, compelling viewing. The religious element might put some people off but I loved it, good balance to the story, it's only getting going too.

Boycey

Anyone else watch The Morning Show? I've the last episode to watch tonight. I thought it ok if a little corny but heard on the radio today it was predicted for multiple Golden Globes next week.

Probably because of the #metoo angle I guess

Boycey

Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2020, 10:28:55 PM
Anyone else watch The Morning Show? I've the last episode to watch tonight. I thought it ok if a little corny but heard on the radio today it was predicted for multiple Golden Globes next week.

Probably because of the #metoo angle I guess

Just me then..  Good strong finishing episode.

screenexile

Watched maybe the first 5 episodes it's quite preachy and girl power heavy but a decent watch. Will finish it at some stage.

JimStynes

Morning show is ok and got better as it went on. This messiah on Netflix seems promising.

lurganblue

The 3rd episode of Dracula turned out to be absolutely terrible.

Milltown Row2

You, on Netflix, the second series
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2020, 11:38:08 AM

Finished it last night.

Decent watch with plenty of twists in it.

On to Messiah now.....1st episode didnt set the world alight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on January 06, 2020, 11:43:10 AM

Finished it last night.

No, and for me the first episode needs to be a belter to get you hooked, I'll continue with it but the wife gave up after 10 minutes ffs! No more interested in that stuff (wars/middle east/America/CIA! than the man on the moon.

Watched SAS last night on four, the girl that was interviewed and was waffling on about getting a buzz out of beating men and he asked her about what she could bring to the table... She said that she competes at a high level of CrossFit, the DS just shouted, BORING, GET HER OUT.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Started watching Vikings recently.
I didn't expect much, but actually its very good.

take_yer_points

Finished it last night.

I didn't overly enjoy You 2, thought it dragged on a bit.

Started Messiah as well, only watched 2 episodes but enjoying it so far. The wife enjoying it too and she wouldn't normally be bothered with subtitles.

Watched Unbelievable on Netflix over Christmas, enjoyed it. Based on a true story and the series seems to have stayed fairly close to the story itself

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2020, 11:55:02 AM

Finished it last night.

No, and for me the first episode needs to be a belter to get you hooked, I'll continue with it but the wife gave up after 10 minutes ffs! No more interested in that stuff (wars/middle east/America/CIA! than the man on the moon.

Watched SAS last night on four, the girl that was interviewed and was waffling on about getting a buzz out of beating men and he asked her about what she could bring to the table... She said that she competes at a high level of CrossFit, the DS just shouted, BORING, GET HER OUT.
Which is fair enough as Crossfitters are the most boring hoors you'd ever come across. There are a few in work and they are avoided as they think there is nothing else happens on earth apart from them doing f**king handstand pushups and taking about keto diets etc.

BennyCake

Anyone have BritBox? Or is it unpatriotic to have it?  ;D