TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Loudest Voice is very good... probably over dramatised but seriously interesting and the acting is great. Crowe's exceptional but then he could always play the alpha males nearly better than anyone!

johnnycool

Started watching Power on Netflix last night and have worked my way through two episodes.

Please tell me it gets better.

lurganblue

Quote from: johnnycool on September 30, 2019, 02:43:08 PM
Started watching Power on Netflix last night and have worked my way through two episodes.

I gave up midway through the 3rd series

Jeepers Creepers

Give up after 3-4 episodes. Though the acting was brutal.

Hound

Don't think I've seen it mentioned much on here, but I've recently watched the two seasons of Ozark and thought it was very good.

The first episode you can't help but wonder is this just a re-hash of Breaking Bad, but while there are some similarities, it's its own show and ends up very different (and how many Cops or US Presidents series has there been!)

I am a fan of Jason Bateman which helps, but I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a Netflix show to watch

tyrone girl

Power is fantastic. Latest episode especially was superb.

laoislad

Unbelievable on Netflix is brilliant
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tbrick18

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 30, 2019, 03:07:35 PM

Give up after 3-4 episodes. Though the acting was brutal.

Just finished watching season 1.
Shite.
I wont be watching any more. Acting is awful and story isn't much better.

johnnycool

Quote from: Hound on September 30, 2019, 03:14:22 PM
Don't think I've seen it mentioned much on here, but I've recently watched the two seasons of Ozark and thought it was very good.

The first episode you can't help but wonder is this just a re-hash of Breaking Bad, but while there are some similarities, it's its own show and ends up very different (and how many Cops or US Presidents series has there been!)

I am a fan of Jason Bateman which helps, but I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a Netflix show to watch

When is season 3 dropping?

J70

We watched the first season. I enjoyed it, without being overly riveted (its not a patch on the likes of Breaking Bad, but then the vast majority of shows aren't).

I'll watch the second season at some point, but there's other stuff I want to see first.

J70

PBS is airing the latest Ken Burns series, which is on the history of Country Music.

Very enjoyable watch. Follows his usual treatment style, although there are a lot more real life interviews given that a lot of the people are still alive, whereas some of his other series, such as on The Civil War or Prohibition or The Roosevelts would obviously rely a lot more on voiceovers and quotes.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnnycool on September 30, 2019, 03:40:19 PM

When is season 3 dropping?
Was season 2 any use? We started it but got distracted by something else meaning to come back to it.

gallsman

Said it a few weeks ago and it needs repeating, Succession is absolutely brilliant.

Best show on TV at the minute by an absolute mile and anyone not on board with it is missing out.

HiMucker

Top Boy. Brilliant. Like London version of the wire

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gallsman on September 30, 2019, 06:17:42 PM
Said it a few weeks ago and it needs repeating, Succession is absolutely brilliant.

Best show on TV at the minute by an absolute mile and anyone not on board with it is missing out.

Ill concur. Even the kinky stuff with the oul blade 😉😃