The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Man Marker on January 14, 2022, 09:37:58 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on January 14, 2022, 09:26:34 AM

Quote from: yellowcard on January 10, 2022, 01:25:25 PM
Djokovic has always been a bit of a c*ntrarian. Despite his hugely successful career he has never had the same love or affection as either Federer or Nadal and he has thrived on being cast into that role. He is not doing anything out of character here.

I'm not au fait with the whole Visa case since I am just completely weary of the whole Covid thing and tend to switch off on such matters. But if he wasn't a superstar tennis player he would not have got into Australia, that much is obvious.
[/s]

Fixed that for ye

I'm sure your an angel  ::)

Completely politically motivated. Could have done it yesterday but waited to the close of business to make things more difficult for him. Anyone with an ounce of fairness against institutional abuse should be concerned.

Institutional abuse? What?!

thebigfella

Djokovic has always been a bit of a c*ntrarian. Despite his hugely successful career he has never had the same love or affection as either Federer or Nadal and he has thrived on being cast into that role. He is not doing anything out of character here.

I'm not au fait with the whole Visa case since I am just completely weary of the whole Covid thing and tend to switch off on such matters. But if he wasn't a superstar tennis player he would not have got into Australia, that much is obvious.
[/s]

Fixed that for ye

Completely politically motivated. Could have done it yesterday but waited to the close of business to make things more difficult for him. Anyone with an ounce of fairness against institutional abuse should be concerned.

Wise the f**k up

johnnycool

[/s]

Fixed that for ye

That's what controlling your own borders looks like..

Farage will be disgusted.

David McKeown

The appeal has been transferred to the Federal Court and will be live streamed from 11:15pm tonight Irish time.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Wildweasel74

Novac comes across like a cocky bollocks, never liked him anyways, he never be Federer

RedHand88

Djokovic lost his last ditch appeal and is set to be deported. Renown immigration rights campaigner Nigel Farage will be gutted.

seafoid

Political theatre. Djokovic got played.
No sympathy for him. Ordinary people in Oz made a lot of sacrifices including not being able to sit with dying relatives.
Get vaccinated.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeamasBelfast/status/1462912051400134659

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GiveItToTheShooters

Fair play to the Australians. Slap it up him

Gmac

The Aussies and kiwis have lost the plot , he should never go back there again.

nrico2006

Quote from: Gmac on January 16, 2022, 03:51:49 PM

Was thinking the same regarding the next Australian Open(s), if he doesn't go it will devalue the competition.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lenny

They've managed the pandemic better than anyone. Very few deaths and society almost completely open over the whole period.

Mikhail Prokhorov

the french might not let him play either

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2022, 04:02:56 PM

They've managed the pandemic better than anyone. Very few deaths and society almost completely open over the whole period.
misinformation a one way street ?

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on January 16, 2022, 04:10:03 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2022, 04:02:56 PM

misinformation a one way street ?

When we were in lockdown last year NZ and Australia enjoyed full crowds at their rugby games and other sporting events. Restaurants and bars were open also. They've been strict about people getting in but that's sensible.

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 16, 2022, 03:58:06 PM

Was thinking the same regarding the next Australian Open(s), if he doesn't go it will devalue the competition.

Not his choice I thought. Banned from Oz for 3 years is he not.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit