The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2022, 09:23:38 AM
The plot thickens. Apparently re-arrested.

The government, rightly or wrongly depending on your view are looking pretty poor at this stage, I've said many times I'm for taking the vaccine and boosters for my own reasons and to date I've had no issues, as a family we've all been grand, whether that's luck or because of the vaccines I don't know.

Novak has strongly been against vaccines and has caught it twice, he should abide by the rules of the country that he's in, if the only way he can enter a country is by having a vaccine then its a no brainer. either he plays with the vaccine or he doesn't play the tournament .

But if there was a rule on exemptions due to having caught the virus within a period then the Aussie government will have to let him play, if its down to a high profile person being made an example of then its an own goal.

If his lawyers have evidence of him following the correct procedures or examples of other people getting in under exemptions then this will become a total mess.

At this stage he'll have not had enough practice in or be in the right frame of mind to compete in this tournament anyways, maybe thats why they have prolonged this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Why delay the inevitable? He won't be deported and the immigration minister is just digging a bigger hole for himself.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thebigfella

Let him play. It will be a small victory for him and the antivax lads will be all over it.

At this stage though his reputation is in tatters. It looks pretty clear from the social media pics found over the weekend that the PCR results are forged (I suspect the Aussies think that but can't prove it) but the big one for me is aligning himself with that provo Farage.

johnnycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 10, 2022, 09:43:28 AM
Why delay the inevitable? He won't be deported and the immigration minister is just digging a bigger hole for himself.

I'm led to believe that there's a few discrepancies in Novaks stories in relation to when he had tested positive for Covid in the past with one of the dates he gave as being just over a month ago he's showing pictures on his social media of him at some underage tennis event somewhere or other.

Those dates might still tally, but for him to be knowingly positive and also out and about with kids isn't a good look.

Interesting to see some of the support he's getting on his is from Brexiteers very much into controlling borders yet when the Aussies are doing it it's infringing on someone's freedom..

Ultimately we all know there's politics at play here as well.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on January 10, 2022, 10:44:41 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 10, 2022, 09:43:28 AM

I'm led to believe that there's a few discrepancies in Novaks stories in relation to when he had tested positive for Covid in the past with one of the dates he gave as being just over a month ago he's showing pictures on his social media of him at some underage tennis event somewhere or other.

Those dates might still tally, but for him to be knowingly positive and also out and about with kids isn't a good look.

Interesting to see some of the support he's getting on his is from Brexiteers very much into controlling borders yet when the Aussies are doing it it's infringing on someone's freedom..

Ultimately we all know there's politics at play here as well.
Election in 4 months
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Farage is all over it. You couldn't make it up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on January 10, 2022, 10:38:44 AM
Let him play. It will be a small victory for him and the antivax lads will be all over it.

At this stage though his reputation is in tatters. It looks pretty clear from the social media pics found over the weekend that the PCR results are forged (I suspect the Aussies think that but can't prove it) but the big one for me is aligning himself with that provo Farage.

Tatters? That's a bit extreme?  If he was in breach of his countries covid rules he should be pulled for it in his own country, probably dealt with the way Boris tea parties were dealt with. What's happening in Australia is completely different.

BTW I couldn't care less if he plays or never plays again but when politics gets involved it makes it a bit suspect
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Unvaccinated but with a medical exemption, being that he had Covid in late December (and didn't do 14 day quarantine in Serbia). How can covid justify a medical exemption?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thebigfella

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2022, 12:20:42 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 10, 2022, 10:38:44 AM

Tatters? That's a bit extreme?  If he was in breach of his countries covid rules he should be pulled for it in his own country, probably dealt with the way Boris tea parties were dealt with. What's happening in Australia is completely different.

BTW I couldn't care less if he plays or never plays again but when politics gets involved it makes it a bit suspect

;D

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2022, 12:33:46 PM
Unvaccinated but with a medical exemption, being that he had Covid in late December (and didn't do 14 day quarantine in Serbia). How can covid justify a medical exemption?

Not only did he not isolate, he posed maskless with dozens of children the next day!

Milltown Row2

Its like when you can either show proof of a positive covid infection within the last 6 months, or vaccine passport showing you have had at least 2 jabs within a period.

If having a vaccine stops you getting covid again then no problems, but it doesnt, it helps to reduce your hospitalization, not giving someone else the virus, proof of a positive test shows that there is some immunity within a time period also, so its (like the vaccine) reducing your chances of being hospitalized?

I don't know anymore, I've lost count of what pathway is right

imtommygunn

For me it doesn't matter what the topic here is. Australia has rules - is he within them or not? If not no entry but if Australia are making mistakes or playing silly buggers then he should be allowed in.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 10, 2022, 01:07:33 PM

Not only did he not isolate, he posed maskless with dozens of children the next day!

Sounds like a lovely chap..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2022, 01:16:05 PM
For me it doesn't matter what the topic here is. Australia has rules - is he within them or not? If not no entry but if Australia are making mistakes or playing silly buggers then he should be allowed in.

I agree!

yellowcard

Djokovic has always been a bit of a contrarian. Despite his hugely successful career he has never had the same love or affection as either Federer or Nadal and he has thrived on being cast into that role. He is not doing anything out of character here.

I'm not au fait with the whole Visa case since I am just completely weary of the whole Covid thing and tend to switch off on such matters. But if he wasn't a superstar tennis player he would not have got into Australia, that much is obvious.