The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Wimbledon banning players from Russia and Belarus from this summers championship - racism is alive and well.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

smelmoth

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 22, 2022, 02:07:48 PM
Wimbledon banning players from Russia and Belarus from this summers championship - racism is alive and well.

Sporting sanctions have their place. The idiocy of claiming sanctions are racist against a country should not need pointing out.

Milltown Row2

This is some game between two greats
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ghost

Sad end to what was already an epic match. Shouldn't be too long before Zverev wins one. Hard to see Nadal not winning now.

Milltown Row2

Unfortunate but even had he stayed I could still see Nadal seeing it out, this surface is right up his street..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Near 3 hrs and not even 2 sets done. On its way to being an epic. Yer mans ankle took some twist

gallsman

Wouldn't call it an epic as there was some really awful play from both of them in that second set. Lost serve six times between them?

Zverev looked much better in the first and was hitting Nadal off the court at times but Nadal pulled out three incredible passing shots that were worthy of any of his matches against Federer or Djokovic.

Horrible injury, hopefully he won't be out too long and it's just a really bad sprain but the ankle completely folded under him.

quit yo jibbajabba

Nadal some boy to save 4 set points. One worldie of a pass and then similar to win the set.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Vamos Rafa

Only the 3rd time a slam has been won beating 4 players in the top 10, incredible

Can he get 20 french opens  ;D

yellowcard

It's some achievement by Nadal but it must be an indictment on the quality of player coming through that Djokovic and Nadal are still able to dominate the ATP tour into their mid 30s.

Dougal Maguire

I see that Romanian player Emma Raducanu has been beaten at Wimbledon
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 29, 2022, 05:58:15 PM

Actually born in Canada

JPGJOHNNYG

So was the us open a fluke, or is she just not that bothered already or is she injured. Dont follow tennis much so genuinely asking. Also can they not just ban that sc**bag Kyrgios. Every event he is messing around.

Nanderson

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 29, 2022, 06:34:22 PM

So was the us open a fluke, or is she just not that bothered already or is she injured. Dont follow tennis much so genuinely asking. Also can they not just ban that sc**bag Kyrgios. Every event he is messing around.
Pulled out of a tournament couple of weeks before wimbledon so dont think shes fully fit. Just seen a stat saying she is the 4th youngest person in the draw this year which is some stat considering she already is a grand slam champion

When determining her ethnicity why did you just choose her dads side? Is it because thats what she looks like to you? Remember she has a romanian father, chinese mother, born in canada and lived in the UK since she was 2

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Nanderson on June 29, 2022, 06:37:55 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 29, 2022, 06:34:22 PM

Pulled out of a tournament couple of weeks before wimbledon so dont think shes fully fit. Just seen a stat saying she is the 4th youngest person in the draw this year which is some stat considering she already is a grand slam champion

When determining her ethnicity why did you just choose her dads side? Is it because thats what she looks like to you? Remember she has a romanian father, chinese mother, born in canada and lived in the UK since she was 2
Jesus man, loosen up. It was a tongue in cheek remark influenced by the fact the the Brits tend to claim winners but ignore those less successful. I was gonna say that Scotland's Andy Murray is under pressure but perhaps I'd better not
Careful now