?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: JimStynes on February 28, 2021, 10:09:09 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 09:50:26 PM
Somewhere on the internet there's a Hull City fan ranting about Liverpool getting Andy Robertson for £8m rather than £80m

They should have held off and waited for at least 40million.

And of course KT had a medal in his pocket for 8 years. He played for Celtic. It's only them or Rangers to compete against and Rangers weren't there for a lot of those medals.

8 years???

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2021, 05:02:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 12:36:15 PM
This is smashing from the Green Brigade.

https://twitter.com/ncceltic/status/1366313929379631105?s=21

That is class
It is class.

Could it be that Celtic are now "standing on the threshold of another trembling world"?

Itchy

I'm a republican and I have huge respect for Bobby Sands and all the hungerstrikers but I dont think this has any place in a soccer club.

screenexile

Has sid had a mini breakdown?? WTF is he at?

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on March 01, 2021, 09:27:16 PM
I'm a republican and I have huge respect for Bobby Sands and all the hungerstrikers but I dont think this has any place in a soccer club.

Totally agree. Doesn't help Celtic's image at all. Celtic supporters can celebrate and remember Bobby Sands privately without bringing Celtic's name into it.

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2021, 05:03:29 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 28, 2021, 10:09:09 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 28, 2021, 09:50:26 PM
Somewhere on the internet there's a Hull City fan ranting about Liverpool getting Andy Robertson for £8m rather than £80m

They should have held off and waited for at least 40million.

And of course KT had a medal in his pocket for 8 years. He played for Celtic. It's only them or Rangers to compete against and Rangers weren't there for a lot of those medals.

8 years???

6 years maybe? Not sure tbh.

Main Street

it's the Green Brigade and their tribute, not Celtic fc. Fans are entitled to their political/cultural  beliefs.

If the banner was brought inside the ground and unrolled at  a game then that's a different matter altogether. I'd say the same goes for those military poppy parades at football grounds.

sid waddell

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2021, 10:28:29 PM
Has sid had a mini breakdown?? WTF is he at?
I'm 6'4 so wouldn't fit into a Mini

I loved them in the Italian Job though

There was a song we all know in The Italian Job called The Self Preservation Society

The lads in Long Kesh should have had a listen

sid waddell

Quote from: JimStynes on March 01, 2021, 10:28:40 PM

Totally agree. Doesn't help Celtic's image at all. Celtic supporters can celebrate and remember Bobby Sands privately without bringing Celtic's name into it.
Maybe they could stop singing about Mountbatten as well

It wouldn't be alright if a Rangers supporters group were paying tribute to Lenny Murphy

I did love the chant the Celtic supporters had about Murphy though, to the tune of the Penny's Christmas ad

Very funny

Angelo

British football allows their military to get honoured at football grounds across the country.

Celtic fans in turn have the right to honour Bobby Sands.

Bobby Sands is renowned all over the world for his bravery and sacrifice.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:15:04 PM

British football allows their military to get honoured at football grounds across the country.

Setting the bar low if you measure anything against what the Brits do.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2021, 11:15:04 PM

Why do many Celtic supporters celebrate blowing up Mountbatten, two children and an 83 year old woman?

Angelo

The troll is trying very hard here.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

How is it trolling?

Celtic supporters do sing in celebration about the blowing up of Lord Mountbatten, two children and an 83 year old woman

They also sing about hoping Nacho Novo dies in his sleep with a bullet from the IRA

Yet tell a wee joke about Bobby Sands and posters here suddenly turn into sanctimonious snowflakes, there's uproar

Really does expose the grossest hypocrisy