Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Utd are closer to winning games than losing them though so that's a bonus!!

brokencrossbar1

What's mad about that table is that we are not even half way through the season and LFC are at least double the points of 16 out of 20 teams. That really is a mental stat.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2019, 02:24:54 PM
What's mad about that table is that we are not even half way through the season and LFC are at least double the points of 16 out of 20 teams. That really is a mental stat.

Without playing well!!

laoislad

Max points Man United can get now is 90. Gonna have to win every game left..... there were some on  here very confident they would get 90+ this season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 02, 2019, 02:55:08 PM

Without playing well!!

I know....just as well we have had no injuries at all....

Ole is looking grey these days though. He is really feeling the pressure and the insane expectations of the fan base is taking its toll on him.  Fans starting to turn on Wan Bissaka and Maguire on some forums. With Potch available there is growing pressure on the United hierarchy to push the button.  Results against Spurs and City are unlikely in my opinion and 2 loses there and you could see them hovering over the relegation zone.  They are not going down but it would not be unreasonable to see them dropping 3-4 places in the table over the next few games.  Can the United board stand over that? 

GJL

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2019, 03:28:39 PM

Without playing well!!

Ole is looking grey these days though. He is really feeling the pressure and the insane expectations of the fan base is taking its toll on him. Fans starting to turn on Wan Bissaka and Maguire on some forums. With Potch available there is growing pressure on the United hierarchy to push the button.  Results against Spurs and City are unlikely in my opinion and 2 loses there and you could see them hovering over the relegation zone.  They are not going down but it would not be unreasonable to see them dropping 3-4 places in the table over the next few games.  Can the United board stand over that?

Really?

That is mental. They have both been in the upper end of Utd performers this season along with the other new arrival - James.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GJL on December 02, 2019, 03:44:43 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2019, 03:28:39 PM

Without playing well!!

Ole is looking grey these days though. He is really feeling the pressure and the insane expectations of the fan base is taking its toll on him. Fans starting to turn on Wan Bissaka and Maguire on some forums. With Potch available there is growing pressure on the United hierarchy to push the button.  Results against Spurs and City are unlikely in my opinion and 2 loses there and you could see them hovering over the relegation zone.  They are not going down but it would not be unreasonable to see them dropping 3-4 places in the table over the next few games.  Can the United board stand over that?

Really?

That is mental. They have both been in the upper end of Utd performers this season along with the other new arrival - James.

We are talking Red Cafe etc and sometimes the brain cells that are shared among some contributors are really stretched but yeah there have been murmurs....particularly with Leicester doing better defensively without Maguire

Boycey

What are the insane expectations of the fanbase bc1? From where I'm looking the expectation level has seldom been as low, a rattle at getting into the top 4 and a run in a cup will satisfy most.

GJL

Quote from: Boycey on December 02, 2019, 04:25:43 PM
What are the insane expectations of the fanbase bc1? From where I'm looking the expectation level has seldom been as low, a rattle at getting into the top 4 and a run in a cup will satisfy most.

I'd say most would expect 3 points from Villa at home. Not an insane expectation but apparently beyond yesterday's players.  :(

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 02, 2019, 02:56:19 PM
Max points Man United can get now is 90. Gonna have to win every game left..... there were some on  here very confident they would get 90+ this season.

I'm still astounded by the claim, especially who it came from!

mouview

Is Spurs game only available on Amazon Wednesday night? Any other satellite channel?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on December 02, 2019, 09:45:28 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 02, 2019, 09:38:24 AM
A very worrying performance, United outplayed by another promoted team. Its been very obvious since the first few weeks of the season United will struggle against any team that is organised and prepared to let United have the ball, United had 62% of the ball yesterday and 59% against Sheffield United. Its a big week for Ole with Spurs & City coming up, its difficult to make a case for United getting anything from either games unless McTominay & Pogba returns. We lack any sort of cohesion and now defensively look very suspect at the back, Maguire & Wan Bisaka's performance levels have dropped.

I really like Ole but as each week passes its getting harder and harder to make a case for him, he has no real track record in a big league and United have been in free fall since March and with a manger like Pochettino available for free he's obviously now going to be under a lot of pressure; A lot of mates who were prepared to give him time have changed their mind in the last week or so with Poch available and with the 2 really poor performances.

If things dont pick up soon with maybe a loan signing or two in January I can see the board starting to get itchy feet, they clearly have felt that Poch was the man for the job in previous years and his availability heaps the pressure on Ole.

I wouldnt be surprised if they get a pre contract agreement in place with him giving Ole the team until the summer with a more graceful hand over then. Plus they can get Ole to do some of the squad trimming that is required as well prior to then.

Woodward told shareholders he expected United to finish top 4, looks highly unlikely now and even more so come Saturday evening although I do think we've got a decent chance of winning the Europa League. What happens if Ole has a really good end to the season though? Thats why I don't think that would happen.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 03, 2019, 09:22:34 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 02, 2019, 09:45:28 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 02, 2019, 09:38:24 AM
A very worrying performance, United outplayed by another promoted team. Its been very obvious since the first few weeks of the season United will struggle against any team that is organised and prepared to let United have the ball, United had 62% of the ball yesterday and 59% against Sheffield United. Its a big week for Ole with Spurs & City coming up, its difficult to make a case for United getting anything from either games unless McTominay & Pogba returns. We lack any sort of cohesion and now defensively look very suspect at the back, Maguire & Wan Bisaka's performance levels have dropped.

I really like Ole but as each week passes its getting harder and harder to make a case for him, he has no real track record in a big league and United have been in free fall since March and with a manger like Pochettino available for free he's obviously now going to be under a lot of pressure; A lot of mates who were prepared to give him time have changed their mind in the last week or so with Poch available and with the 2 really poor performances.

If things dont pick up soon with maybe a loan signing or two in January I can see the board starting to get itchy feet, they clearly have felt that Poch was the man for the job in previous years and his availability heaps the pressure on Ole.

I wouldnt be surprised if they get a pre contract agreement in place with him giving Ole the team until the summer with a more graceful hand over then. Plus they can get Ole to do some of the squad trimming that is required as well prior to then.

Woodward told shareholders he expected United to finish top 4, looks highly unlikely now and even more so come Saturday evening although I do think we've got a decent chance of winning the Europa League. What happens if Ole has a really good end to the season though? Thats why I don't think that would happen.

How long before Woodward tells shareholders that he steps down from his role? Him not allowed to appoint another manager or deal in transfer business and replaced by someone competent should be a way forward for the club.

Square Ball

Utd playing good football at the minute with Spurs starting to come into the game, seen it too often and they can't put teams away when on top.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Ed Ricketts

Great first half an hour from United, as good as they've been all season. Then Alli goes and makes a dick out of Fred and Young and it's all for nothing.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.