Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

though it was a great game for a neutral to watch. Big crowd, great support for the teams esp ballycastle, goals, last min cross bar etc. This is what our championship should be about and it was good to see.

Ballycastle will be kicking themselves. up by 9 and a 13 point swing to lose by 4. really felt for them as most neutral, me included, wanted them to win it for a change.

Not as many there as the previous week, all the miserable sods must of came for the freebie :) but none the less it was a great spectacle for all.

Never as glad not to see a draw in a game, thats me done directing cars for the year! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

What a performance from our boys, especially the first half. Such a young team and maybe our inexperience hurt us in the second half. Hopefully we will be back in a final soon and with the experience of yesterday behind us we will lift the cup next time. Proud of them all, up the black and amber.

Megaman

Obviously delighted our boys turned it around and won another championship, very hard luck to Ballycastle, im sure they are gutted but can be proud of their progress this year.

As for ourselves I thought we where poor enough again, we will not get out of Ulster if we play like that, Carson who has been poor all year had a good game winning posession when  no one else was, for me P Magill was the best player we had on the pitch, as I said very proud of our boys but a massive improvement needed if we are going to progress. Badly hungover ATM, sooner I get on the high stool again the better

Hurl away

It's great that some people still think Ballycastle where u lucky, what other team turns a 9 point defeat into a 4 point win, credit where credit is due, the boys will have a well earned break after 3 hard weeks hurling and regroup again and hope to win Ulster, Ballycastle hard luck you will be back!

Hurl away

It's great that some people still think Ballycastle were unlucky, what other team turns a 9 point defeat into a 4 point win, credit where credit is due, the boys will have a well earned break after 3 hard weeks hurling and regroup again and hope to win Ulster, Ballycastle hard luck you will be back!
[/quote]
Quote from: Hurl away on September 28, 2015, 09:52:36 AM
It's great that some people still think Ballycastle where u lucky, what other team turns a 9 point defeat into a 4 point win, credit where credit is due, the boys will have a well earned break after 3 hard weeks hurling and regroup again and hope to win Ulster, Ballycastle hard luck you will be back!
"Quitters never win and winners never quit"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 24, 2015, 09:28:06 AM
minor match on sat for me first game, really looking forward to this game. St Patricks have a good strong team and they beat a much fancied st johns team to get there. Our lads have went from strength to strength and for the first time in a long time we have a good minor panel that gives me something to look forward to the future with.

Very tight game on sat but hopefully we can pull through it.

Suns game will be very tight but i think that Cdall have too much know how about this panel for the town. They have plenty of experience at this stage of a season and should handle the occasion better.

Be nice to see ballycastle win it to have someone diff win it but i think that Cdall will come through by 3 points

i wasnt that far off with my prediction.

great pic from ydays game

hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Crans beat us in the end with a 1-3 in the last 5 minutes to win by 2 points.

Stop startish game throughout, with two bad looking knee injuries, Michael Ennis first for Ballycran, then Deccy McManus went over on his midway through the second half. Hope both come out of them alright!.

We played with a stiff enough breeze with Graham able to puck the ball down on top of the other 21 with ease (those balls are not the same as they were 10 years ago, as he wasn't able to do that then!!), but we didn't make full use of it and didn't get the scores we should have, plus a few missed frees always gave Ballycran a slight hope at the turnaround.
Second half we started out rightly, kept the scoreboard ticking over and keeping the 3-4 point gap, then when Deccy went off we'd no real replacement for him as he was getting on a lot of ball in the middle and driving it on. That allowed Ballycran to get a foothold and they'd our defence under serious pressure, then they threw on a big lad onto the edge of the square who plays mostly seconds and the lack of physicality in our defence told as he just was a nuisance and layed off the ball for the goal that brought them level. We'd no kick in us at this stage, our forwards taking one pass too many and not taking on the shot themselves then the ball went down the field and over our bar, game over.

Well done the Crans, they know they can play better and will need to against Slaughneil in two weeks time.

As for us, strength in depth is still a concern and will be an issue for another few years until we get a few young lads through into adult hurling, good enough minors this year, U16's we're weak numbers wise, but still two or three good wee hurlers in the mix that need brought through, so its not all doom and gloom for us.

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 28, 2015, 11:26:44 AM
minor match on sat for me first game, really looking forward to this game. St Patricks have a good strong team and they beat a much fancied st johns team to get there. Our lads have went from strength to strength and for the first time in a long time we have a good minor panel that gives me something to look forward to the future with.

Suns game will be very tight but i think that Cdall have too much know how about this panel for the town. They have plenty of experience at this stage of a season and should handle the occasion better.

Be nice to see ballycastle win it to have someone diff win it but i think that Cdall will come through by 3 points

Quality photo, I'm completely of the opinion of getting the finals out of casement, i would love something at Dunsilly like at Owenbeg enough for around 8,000 one good stand and lots of standing space.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 28, 2015, 12:49:11 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on September 28, 2015, 12:23:08 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 28, 2015, 11:26:44 AM

I swear if you Zoom in enough you can see an anti Shamrocks Banner in the back window of one of the local houses... dosent look as big a crowd as the semi final, I may be wrong. is their a similar pic of semi final? great photo all the same and Dunloy should be proud of how they have facilitated the last few games (as should Ballycastle in recent past). great advert of what clubs can achieve with the foresight and appitude.

Quality photo, I'm completely of the opinion of getting the finals out of casement, i would love something at Dunsilly like at Owenbeg enough for around 8,000 one good stand and lots of standing space.

I swear if you Zoom in enough you can see an anti Shamrocks Banner in the back window of one of the local houses... dosent look as big a crowd as the semi final, I may be wrong. is their a similar pic of semi final? great photo all the same and Dunloy should be proud of how they have facilitated the last few games (as should Ballycastle in recent past). great advert of what clubs can achieve with the foresight and appitude

north aontroim gael

Well done to Cushendall, tis bound to some feeling for them today. They could realistically have lost all 3 games as they were behind in the second half in each but showed some fight to come through and win.  Fair play to them and good luck in the Ulster campaign.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pullhard on September 28, 2015, 08:50:26 AM
I've friends in both camps. was leaning for the town on this one.

Sounded like a class game. I think the town will win within the next few years, There management need credit for stepping in mid season.

The dall done so well to not get shell shocked after that powerful start from the town. I really hope we as a county can get behind them, it'd be great for them and Antrim if they were to lift sliver on St Paddy's.

Let's not get carried away  ;)

Sleeping giant

Sounded like a class game. I think the town will win within the next few years, There management need credit for stepping in mid season.

The dall done so well to not get shell shocked after that powerful start from the town. I really hope we as a county can get behind them, it'd be great for them and Antrim if they were to lift sliver on St Paddy's.
I don't see how it would.  As Loughgiel winning it was the worst thing to happen Antrim hurling since 83.  Outside our own club that is.  No, your best of not even winning Ulster.  :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Congratulations to Cdall by the way.  Should probably have said that first. As I thought the towns inexperience done them in the end. Cdall just have that championship no how.  You don't teach that.  A lot of them have been there 10 years + now. If that young Ballycastle team can show next year that this hasn't been a flash in the pan, then I believe that would be better for Antrim hurling, another top club back in the fold.  Hard luck the town. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 28, 2015, 02:29:14 PM

I don't see how it would.  As Loughgiel winning it was the worst thing to happen Antrim hurling since 83.  Outside our own club that is.  No, your best of not even winning Ulster.  :o
And sure there's no good teams left down south anymore, hardly worth winning.   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

They'll be good this year. They just aren't great every year  ;)