Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In hiding

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:32:21 AM
Quote from: In hiding on January 08, 2018, 09:22:14 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:13:58 AM
There are some interesting prospects there.

I'd like to see some change in the full back line, I think we need more natural man markers there so chance for the likes of McKernan, HP McGeary, Cassidy and Burns to make a claim.

Ronan McHugh seems to have done reasonably well scoring rise in his run outs so far, looks like he might still have a bit of filling out to do but he's the only natural inside man we have around the 6ft mark.

I hope we will be more inclined to give a few of the lads who were on the periphery last year more of a run out this year. The likes of Cassidy, HP McGeary, Lee Brennan, McHugh need to get some game time in the league to adequately assess them. It would also be good to see if Rory Brennan, Richie Donnelly, McNabb and Meyler can shake off these niggly injuries they seem to be constantly carrying.

Loughran will be another good option when Moy conclude their club year.

For the league opener against Galway I think I'd like to see something along the following lines:

1. Morgan
2. McKernan
3. McCarron
4. Cassidy
5. T McCann
6. Hampsey
7. K McGeary
8. McNulty
9. McClure
10. M Donnelly
11. Sludden
12. F Burns
13. L Brennan
14. McHugh
15. McAliskey

No Peter Harte or Aiden Mc Crory !!

Will they be away skiing ?

Harte has been very flexible with players plans.

Conor Meyler missed the 2015 game with Meath as he had a trip away organised before being called into the senior side.
McCarron missed the 2015 game with Sligo due to his brother's wedding.
McCann and McNamee have missed starts of McKenna Cup games due to trips to Australia.
Etc
That's really nice of him.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 07, 2018, 10:20:52 PM
any reports from todays game? who played well?

Decent enough game in respect it went to the wire - St Mary's could have actually nicked a goal in last few minutes which would have put them a point up (if I remember correctly), not great conditions for anyone to be judged really.

St Mary's midfielder Oisin O'Neill probably best player on the pitch I thought, a very good footballer.

From Tyrone point of view Michael Cassidy was a willing outlet for goal kicks and breaking from defence, he's certainly got the build to make it at intercounty level. Interesting to see the two men staying up top the whole game, not a fan of this tactic unless you'll kick the ball into them when its 2 on 2 but none the less was nice to see. Still think Tyrone are ponderous on the break, get to the scoring zone and slows right down - side to side handpasses etc.

As stated earlier, great to see the game in Coalisland and they ran it well.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:32:21 AM
Quote from: In hiding on January 08, 2018, 09:22:14 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:13:58 AM
There are some interesting prospects there.

I'd like to see some change in the full back line, I think we need more natural man markers there so chance for the likes of McKernan, HP McGeary, Cassidy and Burns to make a claim.

Ronan McHugh seems to have done reasonably well scoring rise in his run outs so far, looks like he might still have a bit of filling out to do but he's the only natural inside man we have around the 6ft mark.

I hope we will be more inclined to give a few of the lads who were on the periphery last year more of a run out this year. The likes of Cassidy, HP McGeary, Lee Brennan, McHugh need to get some game time in the league to adequately assess them. It would also be good to see if Rory Brennan, Richie Donnelly, McNabb and Meyler can shake off these niggly injuries they seem to be constantly carrying.

Loughran will be another good option when Moy conclude their club year.

For the league opener against Galway I think I'd like to see something along the following lines:

1. Morgan
2. McKernan
3. McCarron
4. Cassidy
5. T McCann
6. Hampsey
7. K McGeary
8. McNulty
9. McClure
10. M Donnelly
11. Sludden
12. F Burns
13. L Brennan
14. McHugh
15. McAliskey

No Peter Harte or Aiden Mc Crory !!

Will they be away skiing ?

Harte has been very flexible with players plans.

Conor Meyler missed the 2015 game with Meath as he had a trip away organised before being called into the senior side.
McCarron missed the 2015 game with Sligo due to his brother's wedding.
McCann and McNamee have missed starts of McKenna Cup games due to trips to Australia.
Etc

Sure.

Moortown Spuds

And to think there were some learned gentlemen looking mcgleenan to replace Harte........

McGleenan in my opinion is in the same bracket as Barton, a chancer.

skeog

Ah spud go easy Matty is feeling very fragile tonight he has players who Dregish might not feel good enough for their team.

Club boi

Out of curiosity, whats peoples opinions on the 3 Pomeroy lads starting and playing last night, about 7 hours after the burial of their friend and team mate?? Is it poor judgement on M.H expecting them to play or is it courageous on their behalf, just like O'D from Omagh??

Not judging, just a question??

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Club boi on January 11, 2018, 09:02:22 AM
Out of curiosity, whats peoples opinions on the 3 Pomeroy lads starting and playing last night, about 7 hours after the burial of their friend and team mate?? Is it poor judgement on M.H expecting them to play or is it courageous on their behalf, just like O'D from Omagh??

Not judging, just a question??

How would anyone on here be in a position to comment on that? Of all people I'm sure Mickey Harte would have taken the circumstances into account and discussed with each player what was right for them

longballin

I don't think it is appropriate to speculate on how individuals deal with grief...

redhandefender

Awfully inappropriate trying to use it as a stick to beat Harte with, the caveat does not absolve the stupidity of your comment

Tyrone Gaa

Agree with all comments mentioned. I'm sure MH discussed selection with the lads.  Wouldn't pass judgment on him for doing so. Everyone deals with grief in different ways. Credit to the lads that were able to play last night shows a mental toughness. Represented their club very well.
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

Anybody at the game or able to comment on who played well? Good to see Ronan O'Neill doing a bit of scoring, is he in good shape for the time of year?

Dire Ear

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 11, 2018, 12:26:37 PM
Agree with all comments mentioned. I'm sure MH discussed selection with the lads.  Wouldn't pass judgment on him for doing so. Everyone deals with grief in different ways. Credit to the lads that were able to play last night shows a mental toughness. Represented their club very well.
Well put

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on January 11, 2018, 12:26:37 PM

Agree with all of this - shouldn't speculate on this as everyone is different - these lads probably considered that playing a game for the county may have been a better way to celebrate a friend and team mate than to go drinking in Pomeroy or sit in a dark room. I'm sure Harte talked with them before hand on how they felt.

Club boi

Wasnt a dig at anyone, apologies if it offended anyone. It was just a topic of conversation I was involved in earlier that day and thought I would ask the good people of this board for their opinions

Fuzzman

Just wondering what's people's views on Morgan now that he's a bit older and wiser.
I have never saw him play for the club but have been told he's a top out field player

To me he's a great shot stopper and seems to deal with the high ball reasonably well for not such a big guy.

I'm just wondering about him continuing to hit the far out frees. Do people feel he's got better at this or much the same. I'm not having a go at him and dont want lads to get all defensive and say stop talking about him just let him get on with it but in my eyes he continually misses more than he scores. I know he doesn't always get the easy ones to boost his confidence but I just wonder EVERY year would we not be better to take it short and try to work a score rather than just kicking away possession each time.