Moone Boy

Started by joe bloggs, September 22, 2012, 08:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

The auld lad's car has a pre-1986 Longford registration. PIX 364 (or some number close). We had a car PIX 131.

ONeill

Thought that was a class episode tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

I thought it borrowed a bit too much from Father Ted. It's brave to try to make the Irish-Catholic-Priest-Mass stuff funny and different after FT. I didn't think it quite made it, though the Godfather/mob analogy was fairly good. It was still funnier than anything else I saw on TV this week, though, apart from reruns of HIGNFY, even the repeats of which still make me laugh more than anything else. That says something either about me or about the standard of new comedy on TV.

It's me, isn't it?

ONeill

I thought the opposite - always had Fr Ted (as I'm sure they did) in mind but thought it never veered onto its turf at all.

Billys Boots

Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2012, 09:25:34 PM
Thought that was a class episode tonight.

It's been my favourite episode too - I thought the organist was great (reminded me a bit of Father Trendy, rather than Father Ted), and I really liked the weary-of-everything priest. 

I loved the 'hymn' that went something like 'Jesus was a sound fellah, killed by Pontius Pilate and a bunch of angry Jews'.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Asal Mor

Here's some excellent comedy I came across recently. That Mitchell and Webb (the 2 boys from peep show) sound. It's just audio but it's hilarious and it gives the eyes a welcome rest in this age of the laptop. There's about 20 episodes on there so if ya like it you're sorted for a while. Looking forward to my favorite comedy Peep Show returning. I'm enjoying Moone Boy and the return of Modern Family - The 1st episode of the new series wasn't great but the second one was.

Forgot the link
http://kat.ph/usearch/mitchell%20and%20webb%20audio/

ross4life

Series 2 starts tonight 9pm.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gerrykeegan

Watched it on demand during the week, didnt blow me away, funny in parts
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

That episode last night brought a few good memories back. Cascarino was a hunk of a man.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on February 17, 2014, 08:48:37 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 17, 2014, 07:28:37 PM
Up Ross.
Mildly amusing harmless oul stuff.
I must remember to bring a bag of home soil on my future travels though.
Good to see the bit of Ros patriotism shining through.

lawnseed

Ahhh.. Emmmmm.. Wouldnt really care if I missed this..
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2014, 10:45:31 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 17, 2014, 08:48:37 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 17, 2014, 07:28:37 PM
Up Ross.
Mildly amusing harmless oul stuff.
I must remember to bring a bag of home soil on my future travels though.
Good to see the bit of Ros patriotism shining through.

Wouldn't be at the level as IT Crowd or Father Ted but as you say mildly amusing & still watchable.

Seen an auld friend of mine working as an extra & going to Donegal for holidays was what we once did also turning back to check the immersion heater wasn't left on  ;D

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on February 18, 2014, 11:17:38 PM
going to Donegal for holidays was what we once did also turning back to check the immersion heater wasn't left on  ;D

Jasus - weren't we the lawdidaws  ;D

ludermor

Just watching this now! Very surprised how good it is, Paraic is class.