The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2015, 10:13:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 19, 2015, 10:09:12 PM
On itv. He said Henderson was on the penalties and should have taken it, and mario was mischievous and disrespected Henderson.
He's right though is he not?
Henderson is Captain and Mario undermined him.
I'd rather see Mario take the peno but Henderson should have the final say though  and as I said he didn't seem to have the balls to stand up to Mario. Doesn't say much for him as a Captain.

Of course he's right. But he didn't need to say it on TV. I'm sure the point will be made in the dressing room.

As for Henderson, I think he will learn from it, but it probably would have looked worse if he started fighting with him!

brokencrossbar1

I can see the point in that Henderson was the designated player but Balo is a proper penalty taker and there should have been no issue.  He show a lot of leadership when he came on and should start alongside Sturridge, who I thought was poor tonight, with 1 behind them.  Ibe was excellent,  Henderson put a good shift in but can be limited in some ways too.  Can needs to be in the MF.  Anyway, a good result and sets it up nicely for 2nd leg.

AZOffaly

Ballotelli was excellent when he came on. They have a lot of good options going forward now, and options in formations and personnel. That's a good place to be.

mikehunt

What qualifies him to take them. Just cos hes captain? You'd think Mario would be the man as he's taken them all his career. 

laoislad

Thought Lallana was poor and the first time I noticed Allen was when he was being substituted.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Never anything simple, even a penalty.

Thought Henderson was only one who handled it well, not making too much of a fuss on the field and saying right things after it

Mario should have followed team orders.

Gerard should have played it down.

Rodgers should have made it clear than mario was on penos if he was on the field.

Sort it out FFS.

Anyways, decent result and move on to next one

AZOffaly

Quote from: mikehunt on February 19, 2015, 10:19:18 PM
What qualifies him to take them. Just cos hes captain? You'd think Mario would be the man as he's taken them all his career.

Well he was on the penos, so there must be some reason. Henderson just didn't decide on the spur of the moment that he wanted a go.

Now if mario started he may well have been the man on penos, but that's sort of a moot point.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 19, 2015, 10:21:56 PM

Well he was on the penos, so there must be some reason. Henderson just didn't decide on the spur of the moment that he wanted a go.

Now if mario started he may well have been the man on penos, but that's sort of a moot point.

Gerrard said that he was on the board before the game as the penalty taker so I think that qualified him to take it.  Anyway the result is all that matters

Bingo

How good is Ibe? What a prospect. Great call getting him back from Derby.

mikehunt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 19, 2015, 10:27:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 19, 2015, 10:21:56 PM

Gerrard said that he was on the board before the game as the penalty taker so I think that qualified him to take it.  Anyway the result is all that matters
Makes no sense. He was shanking simple passes all night. Mario is a proven peno taker.  Another Brenton decision.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on February 19, 2015, 10:29:33 PM
How good is Ibe? What a prospect. Great call getting him back from Derby.

Great call getting him back full stop.  Ibe, Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Origi to come, Ojo and Sinclair coming through, serious young talented speed merchants.

AZOffaly

He's like a stronger version of sterling. Raw as hell, but very direct. If he keeps developing he will be a dinger.  I note he signed a new contract this week as well. Good to see.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
Besiktas are a decent enough side. It won't be that easy next week in the Atatürk.
Btw have we ever played there before??

It rings a bell.

Best place to play them as not their home and big track round it, so not quite the in your face hostile atmosphere you normally get in Turkey.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 19, 2015, 10:33:28 PM
He's like a stronger version of sterling. Raw as hell, but very direct. If he keeps developing he will be a dinger.  I note he signed a new contract this week as well. Good to see.

I would say he is a bit more direct than Sterling, more of an old style winger.  Strong as a fecking ox too.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on February 19, 2015, 10:40:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
Besiktas are a decent enough side. It won't be that easy next week in the Atatürk.
Btw have we ever played there before??

It rings a bell.

Best place to play them as not their home and big track round it, so not quite the in your face hostile atmosphere you normally get in Turkey.

A zero against at home is a good result, and liverpool will feel they can score. You wouldn't bet against them conceding but if they can nick one, besiktas will need 3.