Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: Beffs on April 06, 2017, 10:41:10 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on April 06, 2017, 10:05:13 AM
If you don't believe him then whats the issue?

Because I enjoy reading intelligent, well written, well thought out, plausible journalism. Mad, eh ?  ::)

Well then you don't enjoy him, so don't read what he writes. Whats the issue?

Benny, you'll be a very busy person if you are going to try to police the media to mitigate other peoples stupidity.

BennyHarp

Quote from: haranguerer on April 06, 2017, 10:53:32 AM

Because I enjoy reading intelligent, well written, well thought out, plausible journalism. Mad, eh ?  ::)

Benny, you'll be a very busy person if you are going to try to police the media to mitigate other peoples stupidity.

I'm not trying to police anything. I'm just saying that he throws comments out there (often of a very personal nature), people believe it and repercussions can occur. (Currently morons are discussing on social media who the Tyrone "mole" is!) If Joe is telling half truths or which many people suspect, just making things up, then this is not just a matter of saying "there's no issue if you don't believe it" or "just don't read it"! It's hard to ignore and reputations are impacted upon.
That was never a square ball!!

Franko

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 06, 2017, 11:03:37 AM

I'm not trying to police anything. I'm just saying that he throws comments out there (often of a very personal nature), people believe it and repercussions can occur. (Currently morons are discussing on social media who the Tyrone "mole" is!) If Joe is telling half truths or which many people suspect, just making things up, then this is not just a matter of saying "there's no issue if you don't believe it" or "just don't read it"! It's hard to ignore and reputations are impacted upon.

Benny, could you tell me whose reputation exactly is being impacted by this latest article?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Franko on April 06, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Benny, could you tell me whose reputation exactly is being impacted by this latest article?

The 3 or 4 lads whose names have been posted around various social media as the possible "moles"!

OgraAnDun

The really good ones, naturally. He sounds like Trump.

MoChara

I like him and I like reading his stuff it is what its supposed to be sensationalist journalism, there's enough out there trying to walk the line and not offend anyone, at least Joes stuff there's a bit of colour to it. Of course hes the one adding alot of the colour but it gets a good conversation going.

Walter Cronc

Great fella. Tyronies needa chill out!

Franko

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 06, 2017, 11:50:28 AM

The 3 or 4 lads whose names have been posted around various social media as the possible "moles"!

I doubt if any of those fellas will be too bothered where they stand reputationally in the eyes of anyone who believes that shite.  I can't see Mickey Harte attaching too much significance to the latest tweets.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Franko on April 06, 2017, 01:55:53 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 06, 2017, 11:50:28 AM

I doubt if any of those fellas will be too bothered where they stand reputationally in the eyes of anyone who believes that shite.  I can't see Mickey Harte attaching too much significance to the latest tweets.

Maybe not but they shouldn't have to deal with gossip about them just because Brolly decides he wants a bit of publicity.

Franko

I think you're directing the anger at the wrong person here.  Brolly is 100% NOT to blame for brandishing these names about.  That's the same morons you described earlier.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Franko on April 06, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
I think you're directing the anger at the wrong person here.  Brolly is 100% NOT to blame for brandishing these names about.  That's the same morons you described earlier.

But Brolly has given them the oxygen. If he hadn't made that claim in the national press then it wouldn't even be an issue. People in a position of influence should accept that their words can provide ammunition for morons to do what they do!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 06, 2017, 02:48:30 PM

But Brolly has given them the oxygen. If he hadn't made that claim in the national press then it wouldn't even be an issue. People in a position of influence should accept that their words can provide ammunition for morons to do what they do!

He talked about Martin McGuinness there a few weeks back I think we should blame the Troubles on him as well!!

Funny you're not talking about the tweets from Tyrone fans agreeing with him!

Franko

You are making the assumption that he's telling fibs.  If he's telling the truth would you suggest he just not write about it?

You've lost the run of yourself ("ammunition" - seriously  ;D).  True or not, the story is based around some young fella telling him that Tyrone training was boring.  Brolly wrote a story about it.  You'd think children were dying on the streets!  Reality check needed here.

The Stallion

Agree with Franko here, bit of perspective needed.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Franko on April 06, 2017, 03:26:10 PM

You are making the assumption that he's telling fibs.  If he's telling the truth would you suggest he just not write about it?

You've lost the run of yourself ("ammunition" - seriously  ;D).  True or not, the story is based around some young fella telling him that Tyrone training was boring.  Brolly wrote a story about it.  You'd think children were dying on the streets!  Reality check needed here.

1. It doesn't matter if he's telling the truth or not. He hasn't provided any evidence other than a mystery conversation and it's taken as fact in some quarters. The claim by Declan Bonner that the Tyrone minor was sledging about a lads late father was never proven yet the kid took dogs abuse online and in real life. So people in a position of influence have no responsibility for their words or is it just all a big laugh? If Joe is so sure on his assumption that all isn't well in the Tyrone camp, because that is what he is implying, then provide the evidence and write away!

2. Ffs, the word ammunition is a figure of speech!  ::) Why did Jim McGuinness chuck Kevin Cassidy off the Donegal squad? Joe knows exactly what the impact of a lad speaking negatively  to someone outside the team "circle" would have on a squad. Of course it's not life or death, who said it was? Why debate anything if there's no passion involved, but it is the Cult of Joe attitude to write all controversy off as a bit of a laugh. You're clearly a fully paid up member!