Quote from: lenny on July 12, 2016, 08:41:40 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 12, 2016, 08:23:20 AM
Quote from: lenny on July 12, 2016, 07:53:27 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 12, 2016, 07:41:56 AM
Quote from: lenny on July 12, 2016, 07:36:46 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 12, 2016, 07:07:14 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 11, 2016, 05:00:03 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 10, 2016, 04:11:15 AM
Joe and colm are in an awkward position here. Be consistent and fair and they may face another county who doesn't talk to rte. or ignore and their own reputation for speaking out bravely  without fear nor favour is down the toilet.

In fairness Tyrone's decision not to talk to RTE has got nothing to do with any criticism of the counties negative, cynical tactics by RTE. It was a personal decision taken by Mickey Harte which he was fully entitled to make but the blanket ban should not be extended to all of the Tyrone players and mentors imo. Even Alex Ferguson used to at least send out Mike Phelan to do interviews with the BBC.

What is your point here? Or are you just a bitter Armagh man? Of course most of the players have no personal issue. There is no blanket ban, can you imagine if one done an interview and harte dropped him lol, he would be gone.

The players have chose to stand firm beside their manager, whats the big deal, its a mark of respect.

As for alex ferguson allowing phelan to talk I think you will find that Manchester united forefeit millons if they fail to provide post match interviews under the premiership agreement.

This is a non issue! I don't watch RTE at all anymore, for starters I go to tyrone games and secondly I don't get it in the north. Its a rubbish channel and like most things in the south completely outdated and unregulated!

twohands!!!

Quote from: ck on July 13, 2016, 11:30:03 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 12, 2016, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 12, 2016, 12:12:37 PM
Not many good pundits around from Tyrone.
I can barely understand them anyway.
Logie would be the exception.

It's not only on the field of play that you're totally oblivious to Canavan's presence.  :P

Yep Canavan is excellent on Sky. Best in the business IMO
Bound to be next Tyrone manager?

World of difference between being an analyst and being a manager.

DuffleKing

Quote from: ck on July 13, 2016, 11:30:03 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 12, 2016, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 12, 2016, 12:12:37 PM
Not many good pundits around from Tyrone.
I can barely understand them anyway.
Logie would be the exception.

It's not only on the field of play that you're totally oblivious to Canavan's presence.  :P

Yep Canavan is excellent on Sky. Best in the business IMO
Bound to be next Tyrone manager?

What a ridiculous leap to make

Wildweasel74

Didnt to much with Fermanagh when he had both Quigleys

yellowcard

Jarlath more or less now accusing Brolly of lying in yesterdays Sunday Independent article in a conversaton he had with him last Sunday. Brolly has not refuted the comments from Jarlath so far. 

trileacman

Quote from: yellowcard on August 29, 2016, 01:18:11 PM
Jarlath more or less now accusing Brolly of lying in yesterdays Sunday Independent article in a conversaton he had with him last Sunday. Brolly has not refuted the comments from Jarlath so far.

What'd Joe say in the article?

Joe's a barrister anyway, lying is his trade.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

yellowcard

Quote from: trileacman on August 29, 2016, 01:26:03 PM

I spoke to Jarlath Burns in Croke Park last Sunday. His point was that the GAA is in a healthy position and that I am overly concerned about the direction we are taking. I said to him: "Can you imagine if I'd said to you 10 years ago that we'd be giving a private free market company €6.5m a year to represent county players?''

"Never thought of it that way," he said.

Jarlath denies saying this.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: yellowcard on August 29, 2016, 01:33:20 PM

I spoke to Jarlath Burns in Croke Park last Sunday. His point was that the GAA is in a healthy position and that I am overly concerned about the direction we are taking. I said to him: "Can you imagine if I'd said to you 10 years ago that we'd be giving a private free market company €6.5m a year to represent county players?''

With Croke Park heads denial is the default reaction to any criticism anyway.

Fuzzman

Yeah Joe was giving out loads about the GPA on Sat night too at that chat panel thing I was at. Marty Morrissey said it's a very unbalanced view with nobody there from the GPA to give the other side. MM also said the GPA have done loads of good things for the players including how to deal with gambling and mental health problems.

Joe also brought up how stats have ruined the game and it's all about distance covered and crazy stats that have no place in football and how teams now are more interested in stopping the other teams playing including Kerry whereas Dublin go out and have the freedom to express themselves and they all enjoy playing. Easy to say I suppose when you're a neutral and you don't care so much who wins but you just want to be entertained.

Jack O'Shea said the best football he's watched this year is the minor championship.

ashman

Joe is on a crusade against the "capitalist " ethos that are emerging on the GAA.  His total trumpeting of the Dubs in an uneasy bedfellow with this crusade .

Jinxy

I like to slowly empty one of these over my head while I'm reading Joe's latest anecdote.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 29, 2016, 02:23:12 PM

I like to slowly empty one of these over my head while I'm reading Joe's latest anecdote.

I heard that all Meathmen are Saxa-maniacs.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

The coarser the better.
I like to chew my salt.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

longballin

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 29, 2016, 01:49:50 PM
Yeah Joe was giving out loads about the GPA on Sat night too at that chat panel thing I was at. Marty Morrissey said it's a very unbalanced view with nobody there from the GPA to give the other side. MM also said the GPA have done loads of good things for the players including how to deal with gambling and mental health problems.

Joe also brought up how stats have ruined the game and it's all about distance covered and crazy stats that have no place in football and how teams now are more interested in stopping the other teams playing including Kerry whereas Dublin go out and have the freedom to express themselves and they all enjoy playing. Easy to say I suppose when you're a neutral and you don't care so much who wins but you just want to be entertained.

Jack O'Shea said the best football he's watched this year is the minor championship.

Would be great chat night with Dessie or Donal Og or any GPA rep went on with Brolly. He'd wipe the floor with them and they know that.

Fuzzman

He wipes the floor with everyone because he doesn't allow anyone else to speak.
There's always two sides to a discussion but Joe never lets the other side be told.

Did you hear him yesterday telling Lyster to make Spillane stop his rant?
You need a very strong host to control Brolly on what he says.
He often makes excellent good points but he often offends a lot of people when making them.
I'd say he'll be popular now with the Mayo ones in a few weeks time.