Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

See jamie clarke has released a statement supporting Kieran Mc Geeney. He wants to concentrate on the fashion indusry and he obviously has not got the time for football.

OgraAnDun

Benny Tierney writes a decent piece in today's Irish News backing up the gist of what Brolly said (although criticising the way he went about it and the personal attack of McGeeney).

imtommygunn

He must have read the Fearon thread ;D (Unfortunately I think the guy is probably deluded enough to believe that!!)

ck

Met a few Armagh people at an underage blitz yesterday and they all seemed to broadly support Brollys comments. They were scathing of McGeeney and the large sums of money he is paid.
Is this reflective of general Armagh supporters? as it surprised me. I thought McGeeney was untouchable in Armagh

theskull1

The GAA and what it means to the dyed in the wool club man is so far removed from what it means to someone who's interest in it is to a very large degree is about substantial financial gain, so that wouldnt be a surprise in my book. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

redzone

So your mcgeeny is in it only for the money. Nonsense. How much is he costing Armagh

longballin

Quote from: redzone on June 04, 2016, 08:19:36 AM
So your mcgeeny is in it only for the money. Nonsense. How much is he costing Armagh

Lifted a fortune at Kildare and oversaw the Seanie Johnson affair... an anathema to the ethos of the  GAA. Croke Park had to bail Kildare out that time.

theskull1

Quote from: redzone on June 04, 2016, 08:19:36 AM

100% totally agree. Total nonsense...... if that was what I said  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Throw ball

Quote from: ck on June 04, 2016, 06:22:42 AM
Met a few Armagh people at an underage blitz yesterday and they all seemed to broadly support Brollys comments. They were scathing of McGeeney and the large sums of money he is paid.
Is this reflective of general Armagh supporters? as it surprised me. I thought McGeeney was untouchable in Armagh

Sure it is easy to criticise. If Armagh win a few games in qualifiers he will be great again.

I have seen every Armagh game since he became manager. To be truthful things are not great. Resources are not great either. What we do not know yet is if this is the start of a journey of improvement or the way it is to continue.

Specifically on the Cavan game I feel the league result had a big bearing on the tactics for last week's game. In the league Armagh were destroyed at the kick outs and were physically not up to it. He tried an elaborate kick out strategy and brought physically stronger players like McKeever back in to help. But for a penalty miss it might have worked - or got close too. I would expect the younger players to be reintroduced in the qualifiers.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Throw ball on June 04, 2016, 09:16:28 AM

Sure it is easy to criticise. If Armagh win a few games in qualifiers he will be great again.

I have seen every Armagh game since he became manager. To be truthful things are not great. Resources are not great either. What we do not know yet is if this is the start of a journey of improvement or the way it is to continue.

Specifically on the Cavan game I feel the league result had a big bearing on the tactics for last week's game. In the league Armagh were destroyed at the kick outs and were physically not up to it. He tried an elaborate kick out strategy and brought physically stronger players like McKeever back in to help. But for a penalty miss it might have worked - or got close too. I would expect the younger players to be reintroduced in the qualifiers.
should have practiced penalties

Jinxy

To be fair, they were still destroyed on kick-outs and physically dominated.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

T Fearon

Did Jamie Clarke's statement come with a recognised code word?

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on June 04, 2016, 02:11:58 PM
Did Jamie Clarke's statement come with a recognised code word?

yeah- fucthebegrudgers

redzone

Quote from: Jinxy on June 04, 2016, 01:26:26 PM

To be fair, they were still destroyed on kick-outs and physically dominated.

Armagh won 20 of their own kickouts in that game, but only one of cavans

Jinxy

Cavan won 63% of contested kick-outs.
Armagh took a lot of short kick-outs because of this which make the kick-out stats look more respectable.
A short kick-out should be guaranteed possession.
If you were any use you'd be playing.