Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Lads, I'm not sure it was ever 'humourous'.

deiseach

Like being hit in the humerus?

BennyHarp

Given Brolly's article about Peter on Sunday, I'm not surprised Peter blanked him. I'm genuinely surprised that anyone in the game has time for him. He strikes me as the annoying character of a group which everyone puts up with but are glad when he leaves. His "backing" of Tyrone of the penalty incident in my view, like all of his analysis, was premeditated. He was going to take Tyrone's side in any controversial incident to give the impression that, even though he has had a go at Tyrone in recent weeks, he still will call it fair in the game. Unfortunately the bould Colm couldn't even manage that. Joes comments about Rose of Tralee analysis is embarrassing given the lack of insightful tactical analysis that goes on in the Sunday Game. Pure spoofer and I think more and more are cottoning on to it.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

I'm sure Joe will tell us he randomly bumped into some unnamed inter-county player in B&Q this week who told him he was dead right in everything he said.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Brolly has long since crossed his Rubicon. He's now a parody of himself and ironically given his opinion on other channels, he (along with Martin Carney, Tommy Carr, Spillane and other clowns) make me change channel or tune out of any RTE "analysis".

RTE coverage (and management) really is appalling when they can't get how infuriating and clueless Martin Carney is also..it's ridiculous at this stage. He might be a grand fella in person, I don't know (and he was a damn good player) but he is woeful as a co-commentator and he has been there for 20 years.. :-[
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 26, 2015, 01:39:22 PM
Given Brolly's article about Peter on Sunday, I'm not surprised Peter blanked him. I'm genuinely surprised that anyone in the game has time for him. He strikes me as the annoying character of a group which everyone puts up with but are glad when he leaves. His "backing" of Tyrone of the penalty incident in my view, like all of his analysis, was premeditated. He was going to take Tyrone's side in any controversial incident to give the impression that, even though he has had a go at Tyrone in recent weeks, he still will call it fair in the game. Unfortunately the bould Colm couldn't even manage that. Joes comments about Rose of Tralee analysis is embarrassing given the lack of insightful tactical analysis that goes on in the Sunday Game. Pure spoofer and I think more and more are cottoning on to it.

I thought Colm was very anti tyrone at half time  but seemed to warm to them a bit after the second half.

ONeill

Colm said Tyrone 'redeemed themselves' in his eyes.

We feel so good about that now. Means a lot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

red hander

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2015, 04:21:47 PM
Colm said Tyrone 'redeemed themselves' in his eyes.

We feel so good about that now. Means a lot.

It would mean more if he showed a bit of that 'manliness' he's always going on about and finally eat that hat of his

regal

Beffs

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2015, 02:12:19 PM
I'm sure Joe will tell us he randomly bumped into some unnamed inter-county player in B&Q this week who told him he was dead right in everything he said.

Exactly. The endless name dropping of players and managers that he socializes with, is getting very tedious. I don't believe that even half of the stories are true. They may be crossing each others paths at awards dinners and media events and such. But I seriously doubt if they are all as eager to share their innermost thoughts and feelings with him, as he would have us believe.  So its great to hear of one of them telling him to just fcuk off.

ose 14

in joes world the pen is mightier than the sword, but then as someone who played with a pretty small sword he now compensates with his big pen. i wonder what organ he donated

weejim

did you all know that it was joe that got t. McCann off--well that's wot he said on RTEradio news last thur so it must be true,  ?correct!!

Sandy Hill

Quote from: weejim on August 26, 2015, 10:31:28 PM
did you all know that it was joe that got t. McCann off--well that's wot he said on RTEradio news last thur so it must be true,  ?correct!!

weejim, are you Pudsy Ryan?
"Stercus accidit"

weejim

did ye's not see him on the news-that's wot he said so it must b rite,  ??rite

Gabriel_Hurl

This popped up on FB this morning - maybe Joe was right all along??  ;)