Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
Ah he was a decent inter county player, but you're right he's done well to make a media career on the back of that. In fairness I find he talks more and more sense on the radio these days. His twitter account is a bit mental, and so I don't follow him any more. Not sure if he played in 2003, he was one of these lads always falling out with them. But in fairness he laughs at himself now.

He was a sub in 2003, he's not too bad on OTB, he's just someone with good interest in sport, not strong on facts and doesn't take himself or sport too seriously. I think he has developed really well, almost an anti-Eoin McDermott.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I agree. He's matured into a sports fan who can articulate a point of view, and poke fun at himself and others. There's worse lads on the various airways.

Jinxy

Quote from: red hander on June 03, 2015, 03:16:22 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 03, 2015, 12:24:36 PM
If by 'dull' you mean he generally talks sense without insulting people or shouting then yes, he is a bit dull.

A man who said he would eat his hat if a player as bad as Brian Dooher won an All Ireland... he wasn't talking too much sense that day, and he was being gratuitously insulting

Says the Tyrone man.  ;D
Cry me a river.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

When Joe wrote about Tomas saying how Joe himself was great craic/crack as a means of defence you knew you're reading someone with a serious ego problem. Can you imagine Dara writing how much of a laugh he was according to others?

You can see in Joe's tweets, when he retweets praise, that this man is lacking something. Worse than Fearon replying to himself.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

macdanger2

I remember a Saturday game 7 or 8 years back, Offaly were playing in croker (maybe meath?); they weren't doing great and were maybe 4-5 down at ht. McManus had being doing his best for the biffs but was having a tough day of it, the HT analysis consisted of a series of clips of McManus putting balls wide while Brolly and O'Rourke laughed in the background like two school girls. I thought they were two complete wankers that day and nothing they've done since would make me think I'm wrong. The sooner the pair of them and Spillane are shipped out, the better

screenexile

0I see Poacher is having a go at Brolly this week for him slagging off the Harps Kilcoo scorefest the other week.

Silly boy he should have left it alone Joe wasn't slagging the Club per se but more the fact that Down has descended into a mire of the blanket defence as well. Also is there any defending a game of football that finished 0-6 to 1-3? Poacher has basically just said "ah but we are a good club and we're getting closer to Kilcoo and Mayobridge so you're wrong Brolly". . . all those things may be true but Brolly's not wrong!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2015, 11:07:51 AM
0I see Poacher is having a go at Brolly this week for him slagging off the Harps Kilcoo scorefest the other week.

Silly boy he should have left it alone Joe wasn't slagging the Club per se but more the fact that Down has descended into a mire of the blanket defence as well. Also is there any defending a game of football that finished 0-6 to 1-3? Poacher has basically just said "ah but we are a good club and we're getting closer to Kilcoo and Mayobridge so you're wrong Brolly". . . all those things may be true but Brolly's not wrong!

Scorefest or snorefest. Sounds like a Screen game :P

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 18, 2015, 11:09:19 AM

Can you even go to a Glen match anymore I heard your lads just love the training too much they can't be bothered with games ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2015, 11:11:53 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 18, 2015, 11:09:19 AM

Can you even go to a Glen match anymore I heard your lads just love the training too much they can't be bothered with games ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haha mad for the training. #noblanket

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on June 03, 2015, 12:54:30 PM
I had the telly on with the sound off for the Cavan v Monaghan game and I left it off at half-time.
Newstalk's radio coverage was far better.

Was the sound not way in front of the picture?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Bingo

Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2015, 02:30:05 PM
I had the telly on with the sound off for the Cavan v Monaghan game and I left it off at half-time.

You see I'd have Wooly worse than Brolly. I can't have the man at all and his voice goes right through me. I know lot's of people from Laois but none of them sound like him.

He's got a tweet up at the minute about Laois and Kildare clashing with the Champions League Final... who gives a shiny shite?!! Watch the Gaelic or watch the soccer it's up to you!

Was he even that good? I think he was a decent Club player but he was never decent at County level. Was he even playing when Laois last won Leinster?

I'd have actually warmed to Parkinson somewhat. Often don't agree with him but as AZ has said, he doesn't take himself too seriously or sport in general too seriously. He actually doesn't hide the fact he enjoys and watches other sports.

He is good on the sideline and in an interview he actually very interesting questions rather than off the standard script. As an ex-player and as he seems he have a personality, this generally seems to get him access and answers.

WT4E

Quote from: Bingo on June 18, 2015, 02:04:16 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 03, 2015, 02:30:05 PM

You see I'd have Wooly worse than Brolly. I can't have the man at all and his voice goes right through me. I know lot's of people from Laois but none of them sound like him.

He's got a tweet up at the minute about Laois and Kildare clashing with the Champions League Final... who gives a shiny shite?!! Watch the Gaelic or watch the soccer it's up to you!

Was he even that good? I think he was a decent Club player but he was never decent at County level. Was he even playing when Laois last won Leinster?

I'd have actually warmed to Parkinson somewhat. Often don't agree with him but as AZ has said, he doesn't take himself too seriously or sport in general too seriously. He actually doesn't hide the fact he enjoys and watches other sports.

He is good on the sideline and in an interview he actually very interesting questions rather than off the standard script. As an ex-player and as he seems he have a personality, this generally seems to get him access and answers.

Agreed - I remember the day that he had Cavanagh on the sideline and managed to tell him and ask him what Brolly had said about him re the conor mcmanus tackle - I thought it was going to make for interesting listening but then realised he was talking to cliche programmed robot!!! :(

Would loved Cavanagh to say something like maybe thats why I have 3 all irelands and joe has only one! lol

The Stallion

No amount of All Irelands can change the fact Cavanagh's actions that day were reprehensible.

WT4E

Quit your whining!!!! Didn't matter to either team in the end!

Syferus

A goal wouldn't have mattered to Monaghan? Are you kidding?