Quote from: red hander on May 28, 2015, 02:55:10 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on May 28, 2015, 08:00:06 AM
Quote from: red hander on May 27, 2015, 06:03:57 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 27, 2015, 05:47:41 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 27, 2015, 05:20:37 PM
Quote from: ck on May 27, 2015, 04:41:59 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 27, 2015, 04:33:30 PM
From the head of RTE Sport

QuoteI have spoken with Joe Brolly about the comments he made in relation to RTE Sport's GAA Correspondent and commentator Marty Morrissey on last weekend's Sunday Game Live broadcast. Joe is acutely aware that his ill-conceived attempt at humour was both inappropriate and extremely hurtful and had no place in any broadcast. Further, Joe is fully cognisant of the fact that similar comments in any future broadcast cannot and will not be tolerated.

Joe Brolly has spoken at length with and offered a heartfelt apology to Marty Morrissey which was graciously accepted.

All parties now consider this matter closed.

So RTE release a statement to cover their asses, meanwhile Joe laughs behind his hand. Bet Brolly wont be release a statement

joe is great at ridiculing in public and apologising in private. You may forget about him as a man.

His ego knows no bounds. The public apology was not even an apology it was an attempt to explain what the context of his statement was, he didn't express any regret or retract the statement.

Why apologise in private after publically ridiculing someone. What sort of man does that??

No man at all. I always thought it the ultimate irony his questioning of Big Sean's 'manfulness', this from a boy who wore the biggest pair of invisible wing mirrors ever when he was on a football pitch

Joe Brolly was and is many things, but the one thing he wasn't was a coward on the field. You mustn't have been watching too closely during the 90's when there was a lot more off the ball action taking place than there is in the current game.

I was watching closely enough, and there's nothing wrong with my or many other Tyrone people's memories

;D

110% not a coward on the pitch, far from it. Keep it up Tyrone people, a few of ye's talking poop in here wont rewrite history

As a tyrone fan, i wouldn't say that he was a coward on the pitch - better player than i'll ever be...and a medal to prove it too.

but he is a disingenuous treacherous lying hateful p***k - of that there is no doubt

omaghjoe

;D
Quote from: JoG2 on May 28, 2015, 04:45:45 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 28, 2015, 04:42:23 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 28, 2015, 04:06:44 PM

QuoteI have spoken with Joe Brolly about the comments he made in relation to RTE Sport's GAA Correspondent and commentator Marty Morrissey on last weekend's Sunday Game Live broadcast. Joe is acutely aware that his ill-conceived attempt at humour was both inappropriate and extremely hurtful and had no place in any broadcast. Further, Joe is fully cognisant of the fact that similar comments in any future broadcast cannot and will not be tolerated.

Joe Brolly has spoken at length with and offered a heartfelt apology to Marty Morrissey which was graciously accepted.

So RTE release a statement to cover their asses, meanwhile Joe laughs behind his hand. Bet Brolly wont be release a statement

joe is great at ridiculing in public and apologising in private. You may forget about him as a man.

His ego knows no bounds. The public apology was not even an apology it was an attempt to explain what the context of his statement was, he didn't express any regret or retract the statement.

Why apologise in private after publically ridiculing someone. What sort of man does that??

No man at all. I always thought it the ultimate irony his questioning of Big Sean's 'manfulness', this from a boy who wore the biggest pair of invisible wing mirrors ever when he was on a football pitch

Joe Brolly was and is many things, but the one thing he wasn't was a coward on the field. You mustn't have been watching too closely during the 90's when there was a lot more off the ball action taking place than there is in the current game.

I was watching closely enough, and there's nothing wrong with my or many other Tyrone people's memories

;D

110% not a coward on the pitch, far from it. Keep it up Tyrone people, a few of ye's talking poop in here wont rewrite history

Who said he was a coward?

As stated earlier wing mirrors are a total necessity in Derry club football with all the inbred ogres smashing around.

a child would have more wit

In which case its prob beyond you. I'm sorry

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 28, 2015, 04:54:41 PM

;D

As a tyrone fan, i wouldn't say that he was a coward on the pitch - better player than i'll ever be...and a medal to prove it too.

but he is a disingenuous treacherous lying hateful p***k - of that there is no doubt

??

JoG2

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 29, 2015, 02:40:20 PM

;D

??

I've consolidated the general jist of Dermy's posts so he can just copy and paste in as replies (save him a bit of time) :

I think its / you're / he / she is (delete were appropriate) a p***k c**k f**k c**k f**k p***k c**k f**k

tyroneman

See Brolly giving it loads about free speech in the Indo. Maybe if he used his right to free speech for something pertinent instead of cheaply insulting people he might have more of a case.

Fuzzman

Just reading back over the last few pages and it's funny how we ALL defend our own fellow county men no matter what. It's hard to step back and be objective in our analysis.
I've stated recently that Mickey Harte is indeed quite two faced and allows his players and backroom staff to not stop sledging. Horse leads by example in my opinion and he shows that every time he comes running onto the pitch.

Brolly is a complex character and like us all has both good and bad attributes. The other night I watched about 7 or 8 YouTube videos of him. He certainly craves attention and publicity and getting onto RTE TSG was his big break. He suddenly had the whole country/GAA world as his audience.
He often makes very controversial but true statements that others are thinking but don't have his balls to say.
Of course like any ego feeding junkie once he says or does something which gets a big reaction or praise he loves it but then has to go for a bigger fix.
Watching the YouTube videos one after another you can see this growing.
Like a lot of comedians he doesn't care who offends. I've heard him tell disgraceful stories about his own sister so you can imagine if he was a modern day footballer who well he could deal with sledging.
I told him to his face last year how I admired his contribution to the whole donor system but I thought he goes way too far on personal abuse of people on very public forums.
As many have already said here, he publicly does the major damage to people's reputation and then rings them privately to apologise leaving the destruction in his wake.
I thought he was good for Ulster when he first came on RTE but now I think he makes us look like very outspoken arrogant mouths.
Apparently he's off screen now for a few weeks and it will be interesting to see has his wings been trimmed when he returns.
Tohill sums him up well and I can remember other Derry plays cringing when he opens his mouth.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: JoG2 on May 29, 2015, 02:52:42 PM

;D

??

I've consolidated the general jist of Dermy's posts so he can just copy and paste in as replies (save him a bit of time) :

I think its / you're / he / she is (delete were appropriate) a p***k c**k f**k c**k f**k p***k c**k f**k

Good work Jo...except the gist of my post was that he is treacherous, disingenuous and a liar...the p***k bit was there to help you relate to the smaller words

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 31, 2015, 01:24:55 PM

;D

??

Good work Jo...except the gist of my post was that he is treacherous, disingenuous and a liar...the p***k bit was there to help you relate to the smaller words

What lies has he told?

BluestackBoy

Quote from: tyroneman on May 31, 2015, 09:53:29 AM
See Brolly giving it loads about free speech in the Indo. Maybe if he used his right to free speech for something pertinent instead of cheaply insulting people he might have more of a case.

A more self serving, petulant article I have never read.

I have lost all respect for him.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 31, 2015, 04:33:24 PM

;D

??

What lies has he told?

He is a media clown - saying one thing to one man and another to the next - and that is from personal experience of him in belfast. he has a way with words for sure, but has an unfortunately high self opinion, even when you get up close to him, which I have been on many occasions. His benevolence within the GAA is legendary, and he gives to his old club, and to st brigids flat out - mostly under the radar, but he has made a living this last few years talking down people on TV when they cannot retaliate - he slags off to the hundreds of thousands and apologises behind closed doors....there are many examples of him telling lies...i couldn't care less about the Tyrone derry thing, nor his slagging of us for that matter, but i can't stand his "hail fellow, well met" shite in the media...he just makes stuff up without validation and presents it all as fact, and 70% of the GAA wold run around believing it.

Main Street

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 31, 2015, 09:04:23 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on May 31, 2015, 09:53:29 AM

A more self serving, petulant article I have never read.

I have lost all respect for him.
He was spot on about the control freakery, but the appropriate reply to that isn't anarchy.

By Derry standards ....  Joe is low ... , but still head and shoulders over anything you'd get in Tyrone.

trentoneill15

Tyrone men are just a bit jealous of Brolly and how he has cemented himself within the GAA media unlike Mulligan and McMenamin, I like to read some Seamus Heaney poetry with a bit of Phil Coulter or Dana on the CD player in the background whilst watching Derrys finest moments of the 1990's on video tape.

rrhf

Yes the derry golden year video. Does anyone know anyone who will convert vhs to dvd?

DennistheMenace

Anyone expecting Jim to reply? Joe has some ego on him.

JoG2

Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 31, 2015, 11:57:10 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 31, 2015, 04:33:24 PM

;D

??

What lies has he told?

He is a media clown - saying one thing to one man and another to the next - and that is from personal experience of him in belfast. he has a way with words for sure, but has an unfortunately high self opinion, even when you get up close to him, which I have been on many occasions. His benevolence within the GAA is legendary, and he gives to his old club, and to st brigids flat out - mostly under the radar, but he has made a living this last few years talking down people on TV when they cannot retaliate - he slags off to the hundreds of thousands and apologises behind closed doors....there are many examples of him telling lies...i couldn't care less about the Tyrone derry thing, nor his slagging of us for that matter, but i can't stand his "hail fellow, well met" shite in the media...he just makes stuff up without validation and presents it all as fact, and 70% of the GAA wold run around believing it.

You're Brolly-lite

Quote from: rrhf on June 01, 2015, 05:37:46 AM
Yes the derry golden year video. Does anyone know anyone who will convert vhs to dvd?

Youse have spoiled us with talent over the years and for that the entire country is grateful,  Hugo, Philomena, Janet Devlin, Cush, Micky & The Sledgers and Baldy Pete & His Diving Ensemble  8)