Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: ck on May 27, 2015, 04:41:59 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 27, 2015, 04:33:30 PM
From the head of RTE Sport

QuoteI have spoken with Joe Brolly about the comments he made in relation to RTE Sport's GAA Correspondent and commentator Marty Morrissey on last weekend's Sunday Game Live broadcast. Joe is acutely aware that his ill-conceived attempt at humour was both inappropriate and extremely hurtful and had no place in any broadcast. Further, Joe is fully cognisant of the fact that similar comments in any future broadcast cannot and will not be tolerated.

Joe Brolly has spoken at length with and offered a heartfelt apology to Marty Morrissey which was graciously accepted.

All parties now consider this matter closed.

So RTE release a statement to cover their asses, meanwhile Joe laughs behind his hand. Bet Brolly wont be release a statement

joe is great at ridiculing in public and apologising in private. You may forget about him as a man.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 27, 2015, 05:20:37 PM

QuoteI have spoken with Joe Brolly about the comments he made in relation to RTE Sport's GAA Correspondent and commentator Marty Morrissey on last weekend's Sunday Game Live broadcast. Joe is acutely aware that his ill-conceived attempt at humour was both inappropriate and extremely hurtful and had no place in any broadcast. Further, Joe is fully cognisant of the fact that similar comments in any future broadcast cannot and will not be tolerated.

Joe Brolly has spoken at length with and offered a heartfelt apology to Marty Morrissey which was graciously accepted.

So RTE release a statement to cover their asses, meanwhile Joe laughs behind his hand. Bet Brolly wont be release a statement

joe is great at ridiculing in public and apologising in private. You may forget about him as a man.

His ego knows no bounds. The public apology was not even an apology it was an attempt to explain what the context of his statement was, he didn't express any regret or retract the statement.

Why apologise in private after publically ridiculing someone. What sort of man does that??

Jinxy

I guarantee he won't be able to resist the urge to have a smirk about this when he's on again next.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 27, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

His ego knows no bounds. The public apology was not even an apology it was an attempt to explain what the context of his statement was, he didn't express any regret or retract the statement.

Why apologise in private after publically ridiculing someone. What sort of man does that??
Its irrelevant, Joe I believe apologised in the same way to Sean Cavanagh.  Its all about the showbiz and thats what the Irish people want.  Now who or what county, topic, rule will be sensationalised and the next target? 
Joe is an extremely likeable character as well and a wise man once described him as ...very clever in some ways....
Not to be taken seriously is RTEs GAA coverage as a whole.
When Joe finally takes it too far and it is inevitable.  RTE will hang him out to dry also.  The real scandal here is RTEs care about the GAA.   

red hander

No man at all. I always thought it the ultimate irony his questioning of Big Sean's 'manfulness', this from a boy who wore the biggest pair of invisible wing mirrors ever when he was on a football pitch

omaghjoe

Quote from: red hander on May 27, 2015, 06:03:57 PM

No man at all. I always thought it the ultimate irony his questioning of Big Sean's 'manfulness', this from a boy who wore the biggest pair of invisible wing mirrors ever when he was on a football pitch

Ha thats right he did, they were like those ones on a big artic that pick up all the blind spots.

But then you'd need them in Derry football with the inbred deformed ogres running around. Poor Joe was at a disadvantage there with his soft Tyrone breeding.

JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 27, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

Ha thats right he did, they were like those ones on a big artic that pick up all the blind spots.

But then you'd need them in Derry football with the inbred deformed ogres running around. Poor Joe was at a disadvantage there with his soft Tyrone breeding.

You canny help yourselves

omaghjoe

Quote from: JoG2 on May 27, 2015, 08:19:43 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 27, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

You canny help yourselves

Thats right aye, so it is

Wildweasel74

And these c***ts wonder why everybody in ireland hates them!!

omaghjoe

Considering the fact you guys can write I assume that are among the most learned in your county so since that took half a lifetime to learn I'll forgive yis for not not having rational thought. That will likely would take yous longer than a lifetime to learn.

However there is a solution..... Stop procreating with your relatives and in a few generations things will start to improve...you can grasp the concept of what the future is right?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Big Anthony's take on Brolly, and I would agree with his description in the title. Well, the last two letters would be the same -- 'er', though I would have only four letters before them, and they wouldn't be 'entertain'!  :P

Tohill: Joe is an entertainer
27 May 2015

Joe Brolly's ego is bigger now than it was during his playing days according to his former team-mate Anthony Tohill.

Asked by gaa.ie "what was he like as a team-mate?", four-time All-Star Tohill answered: "Ach, he was hard work!

"I'm sure people will appreciate what I mean with that. There were times when Joe didn't necessarily do the team thing, when he didn't necessarily want to put in the effort that we all demanded of each other.

"He didn't necessarily like towing the line. So if you were asked to go to the cone, Joe might have stopped short of it. If you were asked to go around it, Joe might have cut the corner.

"But he was a very likeable presence. He was an entertainer - as we all know, Joe is an entertainer.

"In those days ... he has become maybe a bigger ego than he was in those days, he'll forgive me for saying that because there were many big characters in that dressing room and Joe was one of a number."

The All-Ireland winning midfielder, speaking ahead of his Legends tour at Croke Park this Saturday, concluded: "Brolly? I could tell you plenty of stories about Joe, but I better not say anymore!"

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=238124
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

screenexile

f**k you lads are some craic!! Defend Ricey the sc**bag who mouthed every match and stuck his knees into people as they lay on the ground, Cavanagh the Olympic diver and cynical cheat, the U21 with the wayward knees and the Minor who slagged a young boys Father who died of cancer...

But of course Joe Brolly who donated a kidney to a practical stranger just because he could should be forgot about as a man... You stay classy Tyrone!!

omaghjoe

Quote from: screenexile on May 27, 2015, 11:13:42 PM

f**k you lads are some craic!! Defend Ricey the sc**bag who mouthed every match and stuck his knees into people as they lay on the ground, Cavanagh the Olympic diver and cynical cheat, the U21 with the wayward knees and the Minor who slagged a young boys Father who died of cancer...

But of course Joe Brolly who donated a kidney to a practical stranger just because he could should be forgot about as a man... You stay classy Tyrone!!

Oh dear looks like them Derry wans are hell bend on proving my previous post correct

Since logical thought is obviously beyond you-ans I will try and make this as understandable as possible

This is not a discussion about Sean Cavanagh, Ricey or Tyrone

Joe's kidney donation is not in question here.

His kidney donation does not give him immunity from hypocrisy or a licence to insult whoever he likes

Joe is being measured using his own standards

Comprendes? (Joke! obviously u don't know what that means)
Do you understand?

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on May 27, 2015, 11:13:42 PM

Says the man who reckons Mickey Harte "sickens his hole" after all he's been through. As you suggested about Mickey, maybe there's two different sides to Brolly. I admire the one who gives away a kidney but I don't admire the man who uses a serious football analysis show to buff his own ego usually at the expense and ridicule of others. Maybe, you're right though, the kidney donation gives Joe cart blanche to say what he wants about whoever he wants, but excuse me if it sickens my hole to listen to him.
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Let me explain the difference to you lads... Joe Brolly sickens my hole a lot of the time but calling his character into question "as a man" is just plain wrong!! (Just as it was wrong for Joe to do the same against Cavanagh - he apologised).

I've said Mickey Harte is a hypocrite who certainly has 2 sides to him but I don't question his ability as a manager or what he's been through!