Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2015, 10:07:08 AM
If Joe was made of chocolate, he'd lick himself to death.

If he could, he'd sit on his own knee

rrhf

Himself and Spillane are the oldest sledgers in the gaa.

Main Street

I'd say Dick Clerkin and Dessie Mone are two of the leading reformed sledgers in the game today, how they have rehabilitated themselves is an example to all. They're sledgers on the dry.
But I fear, once they meet either Tyrone or Donegal on the field of play, the risk of  falling off the wagon reaches critical,  such is the intense level of the spittle fuelled, in your face provocation, that would seriously rattle the discipline of a saint.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: red hander on May 25, 2015, 05:08:16 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2015, 10:07:08 AM
If Joe was made of chocolate, he'd lick himself to death.

If he could, he'd sit on his own knee

:D

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 03:38:45 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 24, 2015, 03:37:33 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 03:35:54 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 24, 2015, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 03:27:01 PM
Quote from: red hander on May 24, 2015, 03:21:22 PM
Hopefully he has pissed on his chips big style as far as his RTE job is concerned

Some people just want want knock lads down. It must be a depressing existence.

Have you actually read some of your own posts over the past few weeks?

If you're really comparing Broly giving Marty a little jibe and your lads elbowing and kneeing players, nevermind goading an opposition player about his dead father, well I can only tell you that you've lost all sense of perspective.

What are you talking about?

Haha.

again - is this coming from the man who accused Tyrone of cheating at 1/2 time in the u21 All Ireland Final while their medical team were saving lives in the stand?
p***k

cockahoop

i have to say in the past and on this thread i have backed Joe but in this case i certainly cant,he always makes great points but if he continues to say things like he did on sunday theres no way anyone could take him as a serious analyst and he will lose all credibility if he hasn't already,really out of order this time.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: cockahoop on May 26, 2015, 01:26:18 PM
i have to say in the past and on this thread i have backed Joe but in this case i certainly cant,he always makes great points but if he continues to say things like he did on sunday theres no way anyone could take him as a serious analyst and he will lose all credibility if he hasn't already,really out of order this time.

+1 Third apology in 3 years. 2013 Sean Cavanagh, 2014 Rachel Wyse and now Marty.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 26, 2015, 01:29:27 PM

+1 Third apology in 3 years. 2013 Sean Cavanagh, 2014 Rachel Wyse and now Marty.

And it won't be long to the 4th either. He knows he is pretty much untouchable.

Jinxy

Jeremy Clarkson thought he was untouchable.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 26, 2015, 01:31:34 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 26, 2015, 01:29:27 PM

Apology is one thing...then there's the back tracking...Paul Grimley, Gooch Cooper, Mickey Harte, Kieran McGeeney, Philip Jordan, Jim MCguinness...

Brolly is a c**k

And it won't be long to the 4th either. He knows he is pretty much untouchable.

imtommygunn

Yeah but it took Jeremy Clarkson decking someone!

Club Rossa

Totally fed up with Brolly's personal insults and smartass comments,I wish RTE would give him the road.

Esmarelda

Quote from: The Black Mamba on May 26, 2015, 02:00:28 PM
Spot on from Jim! http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=238068
I'd imagine Declan Bogue may have a view on the human cost and the damage that Jim speaks of.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: Esmarelda on May 26, 2015, 03:02:41 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on May 26, 2015, 02:00:28 PM
Spot on from Jim! http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=238068
I'd imagine Declan Bogue may have a view on the human cost and the damage that Jim speaks of.

Hardly the same thing - McGuinness used Declan Bogie / Cassidy issue to galvanise the team and the environment of Donegal and made it harder for anyone to risk going to the media - unfortunately at the expense of Cassidy. Id say the sales of that book shot up as a result of that incident so it was a win for Declan Bogie and I'd say he wasn't slagged off in the same manner at all.