Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

Quote from: 6th sam on May 14, 2015, 07:57:15 AM
Agree entirely wobbler with most of your points re the unpredicted outcomes of rule changes. The black card , is the most recent example of a knee jerk change that hasn't worked in most people's view. However healthy and reasoned debate on occasional select changes can allow our games to evolve, as long as we don't get endless tinkering.

That to me appears to be the problem though - we seem to want to endlessly t**ker with our games. I thought the following was a good piece;

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/can-everyone-please-just-stop-trying-to-fix-the-gaa/24570

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lfdown2 on May 15, 2015, 08:42:54 AM
That to me appears to be the problem though - we seem to want to endlessly t**ker with our games. I thought the following was a good piece;

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/can-everyone-please-just-stop-trying-to-fix-the-gaa/24570

Good piece indeed, and interesting article in yesterday's Irish Times:

Pundits' Perspectives and Predictions

Thankfully, Brolly's suggestion is increasingly being seen for the total load of bollix it is! :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

5 Sams

He's after calling Cavan football "as ugly as Marty Morrissey" on the Sunday Game. Michael Lyster not a bit pleased.
The Aristocrat Years

red hander

Ha ha, what an apology by the Derry gimp

Gabriel_Hurl

Ah but sure Joe is only having a bit of craic  ::)

*awaits the stampede of Derry wans in to defend him*

Wildweasel74

No we know a fool when we see one, we dont defend him unlike the way you defend tyrones evil arts and saint Mickey lol

Gabriel_Hurl

Didn't take long  ;D

Syferus

Broly on the money on the Tyrone sledging, and he didn't spare Donegal's antics a few years ago either.

BennyHarp

The funny thing is that Joe is pontificating about players making insulting comments to other players on the pitch just after embarrassingly having to apologise for insulting someone live on air. He's some buck.
That was never a square ball!!

CD

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 24, 2015, 02:59:15 PM
The funny thing is that Joe is pontificating about players making insulting comments to other players on the pitch just after embarrassingly having to apologise for insulting someone live on air. He's some buck.
It's not funny. Hypocritical and a tad pathetic but not funny. Sledging's ok when Joe does it because he's special.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

BennyHarp

Quote from: CD on May 24, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 24, 2015, 02:59:15 PM
It's not funny. Hypocritical and a tad pathetic but not funny. Sledging's ok when Joe does it because he's special.

I didn't mean funny in the "ha ha" sense of the word. I was being sarcastic.

red hander

Hopefully he has pissed on his chips big style as far as his RTE job is concerned

Syferus

Quote from: red hander on May 24, 2015, 03:21:22 PM
Hopefully he has pissed on his chips big style as far as his RTE job is concerned

Some people just want want knock lads down. It must be a depressing existence.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 03:27:01 PM

Have you actually read some of your own posts over the past few weeks?

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 24, 2015, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 03:27:01 PM

Have you actually read some of your own posts over the past few weeks?

If you're really comparing Broly giving Marty a little jibe and your lads elbowing and kneeing players, nevermind goading an opposition player about his dead father, well I can only tell you that you've lost all sense of perspective.