Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

heffo

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 05, 2015, 07:32:28 PM
The Tyrone County Board need to sack Mickey now

http://balls.ie/gaa/259912-joe-brolly-mickey-harte/

Bad form and timing from Brolly - he had to know the craic with Harte

laceer

Brolly knew what he was at. He has some great points to make but courts the limelight more than anything else he claims to stand for. Poor form as is his want.

Main Street

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2015, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 05, 2015, 07:32:28 PM
The Tyrone County Board need to sack Mickey now

http://balls.ie/gaa/259912-joe-brolly-mickey-harte/

Bad form and timing from Brolly - he had to know the craic with Harte

Very poor form indeed. Joe covers himself by talking about Derry but his condemnation of all things Tyrone and his personal insults of Mickey Harte, a man who has and has had plenty on his plate is not acceptable behaviour.

trileacman

Harte has many flaws, least of which would be his teams tactical setup, but he has at least acted with dignity during his 13 odd years in the spotlight. Pity the same could not be said of Brolly who lacks the same degree of common decency.

Brolly like any of us has reason to be critical of Harte or his tactics but telling someone to "f**k off" on the national radio over something as banal as 30 lads kicking a bag of air around a pitch is frankly the act of an ignorant bastrd.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

BennyHarp

Joe's usual tactics. Pick a high profile target, throw a load of mud and wait to be talked about. Nothing new here. Getting a bit tiresome at this stage.
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on April 06, 2015, 01:13:43 AM
He does some great things and is rightly applauded for them. At other times, he's just a dick.

Exactly this.

CD

He's easier to read than he is to listen to. Some of the points he's made in recent weeks have been valid and good journalism. Then he gets carried away with the hype and says things that are nasty, petty, vindictive and deliberately controversial. His use of a dive by Philip Jordan twelve years ago as an example to illustrate a point in yestdays Independent is another case in point. There are examples of dives and similar incidents in every other game and he has to pick one to deliberately annoy Tyrone people and belittle the achievements of a great team. He seems determined to crusade against not just the current teams but past achievements.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Jinxy

I'm getting tired of his, "I was talking to..." spiel every week.
He can't seem to turn a corner without walking into a disgruntled inter-county player.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on April 06, 2015, 01:30:43 PM
He can't seem to turn a corner without walking into a disgruntled inter-county player.

I'm surprised anyone talks to him as he repeats every conversation in his various columns!
That was never a square ball!!

twohands!!!

I think his choice of career gives a huge insight into Brolly - basically in his day job he gets paid to argue and it doesn't matter if he's on the  right side or the wrong side of the argument, the longer the argument goes on the more he gets paid.   However in the day job there are certain rules he has to obey - however in his GAA pundit role there are far less rules and so he constantly goes beyond what most people would consider acceptable.

lynchbhoy

Good man joe
Has all the red arses and gobshite whingers on here moaning about him!!

You lads/kids/girls should know better to not be taken in by his wind ups

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on April 06, 2015, 01:30:43 PM

In fairness it is believable.

Now if he said 'I was listening to.....<insert whoever>', that wouldn't be credible.

MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 06, 2015, 06:32:48 PM
You lads/kids/girls should know better to not be taken in by his wind ups

In fairness I don't think most people take him seriously at all, the point here is the awful timing of the article given the situation with Harte.