Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 08:41:37 PM
It always makes me as a taxpayer feel good when any tax dodger is found out.

An oldie but a goody. And this is your current minister for finance

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/fine-gaels-party-of-probity-image-is-tarnished-26086824.html

Now - How many of them went to jail?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Franko on December 18, 2015, 07:49:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 05:29:18 PM
He could have given up his old ways when the War ended in 1998. ;)
Every time an "old Provo" is nailed will open a lot of potential SF voters' eyes to the nature of the beast.
The less seats they get the better the chance of saving the State being fcukd up economically again.
I have to think of the children's future not getting more funds for "Community Workers".

If it takes this verdict to open the eyes of potential voters to the behaviour of Murphy then I'd venture they've been living in that 'cuckooland' you were discussing earlier.  This changes nothing, you'd just like it to because it makes you feel good.

Half the 18 to 35 year olds in the 26 Cos never heard of Slabeen or loads more of the heroes of 1969 to 98.
And it's a bonus if it costs SF and helps prevent them from ruining the Economy.

I'll tell you something, Slab Murphy is a man who was willing to dispense with 6 figure sums that he knew he'd never retrieve to support a cause that he believed would help his people. Maybe, it's ok for you, sitting in some bog dwelling shithole in Roscommon to pontificate about the actions of these men but I can guarantee you 100 years or so ago you had men acting in whatever political allegiance you pertain to, doing the exact same and you probably regard them as heroes (unless you're John Bruton).

What you don't understand is the occupied 6 was sold down the river by the free state, we were a marginalised community in a statelet created on sectarian grounds and what was done for us by anyone when gerrymandering and discrimination was openly advocated within that statelet? Nothing, that's what - and hearing sneary little fucks like you pontificate and moralise about what happened gets under my skin deeply.

War blurs lines and it makes ordinary people do extraordinary things, it also attracts the worst in society looking to fuel their needs - but what is more relevant is looking as the causal effects of the war and to that we have to point to two parties - the British Government and the Free State - they created the bloodshed but only wanted to wash their hands of what happened and deflect blame on to others. What was happening was wrong and why didn't the Free State do what was right and intervene?

So you go and moralise and pontificate all you want but it was people like you, with your attitude that played their role in the bloody conflict that unfolded.

Gaffer

Such a pathetic attempt to justify tax evasion!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rossfan

Disgraceful rant totally missing rhe point by an insulting eejit.
Not many of the Ros IRA ended up with with loads of assets..
Anyway the war was over since 1998 so why didn't the bould Mr Murphy pay taxes to the 26 Co State like the rest of us who live here from then?
He took all the farmer grants etc.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

There will be an amnesty shortly. That will sort out / clean up a good few accounts.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 01:21:41 PM
He's a Shinner hero( a "great Republican" per Gerry) and the old 2 sides of the same coin "Republican movement" etc etc.
"They" ( i.e lawful Government who represent us decent taxpaying non criminal people) couldn't pin anything else on him - we all know what would happen to anyone giving evidence don't we!!!???
Franko - the "Nationalistic sympathies" people in the 26 already vote SF ( except for the dissidents of course). But they need more than them if they want to go anywhere. Those of a left leaning view that could be tempted to vote for them ( mainly young who never heard of Slab) will be having a rethink when they hear that the "movement" is just as full of tax dodgers and crooks as the FFrs or FGrs could ever be.
From your posts Ross I'd swear you were Enda's election agent, try looking at the facts. Slab is no worse than some of the gombeens in Fine Gael and Fianna Fail. Only difference is he is about to pay the price.

Gaffer

Hopefully he will pay the price and not a slap on the wrists!

Criminal !

Rossfan

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 19, 2015, 11:04:33 AM
He's a Shinner hero( a "great Republican" per Gerry) and the old 2 sides of the same coin "Republican movement" etc etc.
"They" ( i.e lawful Government who represent us decent taxpaying non criminal people) couldn't pin anything else on him - we all know what would happen to anyone giving evidence don't we!!!???
Franko - the "Nationalistic sympathies" people in the 26 already vote SF ( except for the dissidents of course). But they need more than them if they want to go anywhere. Those of a left leaning view that could be tempted to vote for them ( mainly young who never heard of Slab) will be having a rethink when they hear that the "movement" is just as full of tax dodgers and crooks as the FFrs or FGrs could ever be.
From your posts Ross I'd swear you were Enda's election agent, try looking at the facts. Slab is no worse than some of the gombeens in Fine Gael and Fianna Fail. Only difference is he is about to pay the price.
I can assure you I am not Enda's agent!!!  :o
This is the SC thread which is the right place to highlight the wrongdoing of one of their greats.
If you want to highlight wrongdoings of FFrs and FGrs by all means do so on the respective threads.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

charlieTully

Quote from: Gaffer on December 19, 2015, 02:13:51 PM
Hopefully he will pay the price and not a slap on the wrists!

Criminal !

Hopefully chase u2 next then .

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 19, 2015, 02:24:13 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on December 19, 2015, 11:04:33 AM
I can assure you I am not Enda's agent!!!  :o
This is the SC thread which is the right place to highlight the wrongdoing of one of their greats.
If you want to highlight wrongdoings of FFrs and FGrs by all means do so on the respective threads.

And again...this little blueshirt is trying to say that Thomas Murphy is a member of Sinn Fein.

Anyone else want to point out his error to him. The thicko doesn't seem to get it however...not surprisingly.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 18, 2015, 11:50:38 PM
Disgraceful rant totally missing rhe point by an insulting eejit.

er...I think you only need to consult your mirror to find the eejit.

foxcommander

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 18, 2015, 10:45:18 PM
Every time an "old Provo" is nailed will open a lot of potential SF voters' eyes to the nature of the beast.
The less seats they get the better the chance of saving the State being fcukd up economically again.
I have to think of the children's future not getting more funds for "Community Workers".

If it takes this verdict to open the eyes of potential voters to the behaviour of Murphy then I'd venture they've been living in that 'cuckooland' you were discussing earlier.  This changes nothing, you'd just like it to because it makes you feel good.

Half the 18 to 35 year olds in the 26 Cos never heard of Slabeen or loads more of the heroes of 1969 to 98.
And it's a bonus if it costs SF and helps prevent them from ruining the Economy.

I'll tell you something, Slab Murphy is a man who was willing to dispense with 6 figure sums that he knew he'd never retrieve to support a cause that he believed would help his people. Maybe, it's ok for you, sitting in some bog dwelling shithole in Roscommon to pontificate about the actions of these men but I can guarantee you 100 years or so ago you had men acting in whatever political allegiance you pertain to, doing the exact same and you probably regard them as heroes (unless you're John Bruton).

What you don't understand is the occupied 6 was sold down the river by the free state, we were a marginalised community in a statelet created on sectarian grounds and what was done for us by anyone when gerrymandering and discrimination was openly advocated within that statelet? Nothing, that's what - and hearing sneary little f**ks like you pontificate and moralise about what happened gets under my skin deeply.

War blurs lines and it makes ordinary people do extraordinary things, it also attracts the worst in society looking to fuel their needs - but what is more relevant is looking as the causal effects of the war and to that we have to point to two parties - the British Government and the Free State - they created the bloodshed but only wanted to wash their hands of what happened and deflect blame on to others. What was happening was wrong and why didn't the Free State do what was right and intervene?

So you go and moralise and pontificate all you want but it was people like you, with your attitude that played their role in the bloody conflict that unfolded.

Top post mate. Too many freestater apologists (the likes of Rossfanny) would have preferred that the people in the o6 sat on their hands and waited to be given equal rights.

Minder

So it was all about "equal rights" ? You here that revisionist bullshit quite a lot now
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaffer

Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 03:58:53 PM

What you don't understand is the occupied 6 was sold down the river by the free state, we were a marginalised community in a statelet created on sectarian grounds and what was done for us by anyone when gerrymandering and discrimination was openly advocated within that statelet? Nothing, that's what - and hearing sneary little f**ks like you pontificate and moralise about what happened gets under my skin deeply.

Top post mate. Too many freestater apologists (the likes of Rossfanny) would have preferred that the people in the o6 sat on their hands and waited to be given equal rights.

You would nearly think you were speaking  on behalf of the northern nationalist! Fox commander. You certainly are not!

Rossfans view would be closer to the majority of the nationalists re IRA than yours. And thank God for that!

foxcommander

Quote from: Gaffer on December 19, 2015, 04:19:59 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 19, 2015, 03:58:53 PM

You would nearly think you were speaking  on behalf of the northern nationalist! Fox commander. You certainly are not!

Rossfans view would be closer to the majority of the nationalists re IRA than yours. And thank God for that!

Rossfan agrees with the likes of Kenny and John Bruton - they'd like to be british. I guess that sums you up if that's your view.
File you under "moderate nationalist" then. And I mean moderate.