Give up your dole or join the RIR!

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, April 27, 2010, 02:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

lawnseed

the list of traitors in the 26 counties just continues to grow. its unstoppable! i find it hard to think of anyone in public office who isn't a traitor, the whole place is a den of unscrupulous treacherous bastards >:(
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

stew

Quote from: lawnseed on April 27, 2010, 11:21:19 PM
the list of traitors in the 26 counties just continues to grow. its unstoppable! i find it hard to think of anyone in public office who isn't a traitor, the whole place is a den of unscrupulous treacherous b**tards >:(

Mebbe the boys that call for an our wee country for the six are right if this is the best those stupid govt idiots down south can do. This is beyond ridiculous.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Its amazing the difference in perspective, depending on which side of the border you grew up in. Bitterness from the northerners, apathy and complacency from the southerners!

I have to admit though, if I was extremely short on career options and it was a choice between joining a foreign military, even the British one, and going on the dole, I'd certainly very seriously consider it. At one point, when things weren't looking too good for me after I came to the states, I did do a bit of reading on US military careers. Thankfully things came together fairly quickly and I never had to seriously investigate that option, but I may have done it if things had got bad enough.

But as to the subject at hand, how the hell can an Irish government body send out letters encouraging their citizens to join a foreign military?  ???

rosnarun

the list of traitors in the 26 counties just continues to grow. its unstoppable! i find it hard to think of anyone in public office who isn't a traitor, the whole place is a den of unscrupulous treacherous b**tards >:(
what the f**k you on about were not the ones paying tax into the royal exchequer!
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stephenite

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:24:38 PM

Mebbe the boys that call for an our wee country for the six are right if this is the best those stupid govt idiots down south can do. This is beyond ridiculous.

I would have thought a person who sympathetic to US Republicans would be happy to see an increase in the numbers of the Brit army to supplement more cannon fodder for the wars that ye started?

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: J70 on April 27, 2010, 11:54:17 PM
Its amazing the difference in perspective, depending on which side of the border you grew up in. Bitterness from the northerners, apathy and complacency from the southerners!

I have to admit though, if I was extremely short on career options and it was a choice between joining a foreign military, even the British one, and going on the dole, I'd certainly very seriously consider it. At one point, when things weren't looking too good for me after I came to the states, I did do a bit of reading on US military careers. Thankfully things came together fairly quickly and I never had to seriously investigate that option, but I may have done it if things had got bad enough.

But as to the subject at hand, how the hell can an Irish government body send out letters encouraging their citizens to join a foreign military?  ???

Hope you hadn't got as far as the buzz cut ;)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

cabra_harps

Quote from: rosnarun on April 28, 2010, 12:15:22 AM
what the f**k you on about were not the ones paying tax into the royal exchequer!

And you think Nationalists here are paying into the royal exchequer as a matter of choice then? Wise up, we're paying into the royal exchequer because we were f*cked over by your so-called 'war of independence'.

Zapatista

I think the point is being missed. It wouldn't matter which army they were recruiting for. It wasn't the Irish army.

Who decided it would be ok to and actively try to recruit young Irish men and women from the most vulnerable areas of Irish society? What are their intentions? Did someone decide that rather than fix the social and unemployment problems of Moyross that they could just send the vulnerable young off to die?

Would this happen in D4? Rather than help the people who have been fucked by this state it seems like killing them off is an easier option. But as they can't do it here it they want to send them halfway across the world for some Iraqi or Afgan to do it. Someone should go to jail for this. This is treason!

Is this a step in the regeneration of Moyross? Kill off the the weaker and let the stonger build a new society? Scum of the earth >:(

Nally Stand

Another step lower from the sellout state!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Zapatista

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 28, 2010, 11:17:41 AM

You are missing the entire point if this issue. This is one of the reasons SF will never be taken seriously on this.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Zapatista on April 28, 2010, 11:33:03 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 28, 2010, 11:17:41 AM

You are missing the entire point if this issue. This is one of the reasons SF will never be taken seriously on this.

1. I have nothing to do with SF as I'm not a member. Just a supporter.
2. You mean I'm missing what YOU see as being the point? I have my own issues with this story for my own reasons. That doesn't mean I think your issues with the story are missing the point. We both have valid reasons to be disgusted at this story.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: rosnarun on April 28, 2010, 12:15:22 AM

This remark coming from someone who earlier in this thread stated:
"in a way i think fair enough #if some one want to serve the crown take their passport and send the c***ts off to Iraq to get blown to bits. and have their names put up on traitors gate in Stephen's green like many a traitorous b**tard before them"

Sounds to me like you are every bit the traitor you speak of in that quote. You think, as mentioned by Cabra Harps above, that nationalists in the north are paying money to the 'royal exchequer' by choice?

Hardy

Well stop paying them, then, if you feel so strongly about it.

Oh wait ... you're a Sinn Féin supporter. Your party is in government. Conflicts, anomalies and conundrums everywhere you look. Life's like that.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Hardy on April 28, 2010, 12:23:14 PM
Well stop paying them, then, if you feel so strongly about it.

Oh wait ... you're a Sinn Féin supporter. Your party is in government. Conflicts, anomalies and conundrums everywhere you look. Life's like that.

Your right. I'll go on the dole for Ireland.