FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 10, 2011, 11:59:10 PM
Like the form of Armenia coming into this one, will go for the draw at 5/2.

what price are Armenia to win?

SHEEDY

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

armenia are 4-1. ireland are 8-11
nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 11, 2011, 03:34:19 PM

so if a man put 20 quid on Armenia, then best case scenario he loses 20 quid. Worst case scenario he makes 80 quid. Hmm.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2011, 03:37:19 PM

so if a man put 20 quid on Armenia, then best case scenario he loses 20 quid. Worst case scenario he makes 80 quid. Hmm.

Don't even think about it! Never bet against your own..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

sans pessimism

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2011, 03:39:23 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2011, 03:37:19 PM

Don't even think about it! Never bet against your own..
...as Rooneys father might say
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

lynchbhoy

Ireland cant lose surely. Who are armenia - they rank even below the north in fifa ratings.
While I am a big fan of Robbie Keane over the years - 50 something goals proves he can score, his form since going to the beezer homes USA league isnt what it shoul dbe and he missed at least three sitters on Friday.
While I'd think Walters or Long should start , Cox should do a decent job (Best in form right now and overlooked again).
Anyhow, a win is easily achievable, a draw the lest result-  if not then this would be the worst result for Ireland and would be a complete disaster for soccer in Ireland.

Declan

Cox is very similar to robbie as a player and Long dirtied his bib by not telling Trap he was injured when Trap named him in team last month, Long then played for club on the Sat after missing int games.

Armenia 4/1 hmm 

sans pessimism

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 11, 2011, 03:54:08 PM
Ireland cant lose surely. Who are armenia - they rank even below the north in fifa ratings.
While I am a big fan of Robbie Keane over the years - 50 something goals proves he can score, his form since going to the beezer homes USA league isnt what it shoul dbe and he missed at least three sitters on Friday.  While I'd think Walters or Long should start , Cox should do a decent job (Best in form right now and overlooked again).
Anyhow, a win is easily achievable, a draw the lest result-  if not then this would be the worst result for Ireland and would be a complete disaster for soccer in Ireland.
he was missing them before he went as well
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

AFS

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 11, 2011, 03:54:08 PM

Eh, no they don't. They're 26 places ahead of them and not a kick in the arse behind us.

Nervy evening ahead. Reckon we'll hold on for a scoreless draw.

Celt_Man

Jaysus not too confident about this one at all... Can't over the team selection - Giles calls it nonsense, Dunphy says it's "perverse" and Brady is very worried....

Plenty of spare seats at the minute... Hope that changes
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Galwaybhoy

Another dire game ahead of us.  We should be winning these games but I feel we will have to take a draw.  1-1 which will see us into the playoffs.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 11, 2011, 06:43:28 PM
Another dire game ahead of us.  We should be winning these games but I feel we will have to take a draw.  1-1 which will see us into the playoffs.

Thats highly negative!!  We need to be beating Armenia at home in fairness.
We are a bad side to watch though, play a horrible style of soccer.  I dont understand with the way Ireland play that Rory Delap doesnt get game time  ??? Is he even in the squad?

Galwaybhoy

I don't disagree about winning these games but seeing that a draw is enough I feel that the team that Trap sets out won't take the risks or attack far enough up the field to but the pressure on and win this game by two or three like I feel we should.  Trap will be happy with a draw and won't do much more than is required for fear of falling a goal behind.

Galwaybhoy

Ten minutes in and all the pressure is coming from the Armenians.  It could be a long 90 minutes.