FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Funny things happen in those qualifiers Indiana. Especially when Slovakia are at home. Russia are no great shakes either.

Celt_Man

Holy jaysus I'm nearly after dropping the laptop after seeing Slovakia Armenia score line
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on September 06, 2011, 09:26:09 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 06, 2011, 09:12:07 PM
The Armenians are 4 up now. Magnificent news from Bratislava. I think Wales might have given them a similarly spanking in the the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

The key match now is Slovakia v Russia. We'll presume Ireland beat Andorra that night.

If Russia win or draw - a point at home to Armenia will secure a play off berth

If Slovakia beat Russia - two Ireland victories would put them top of the group and therefore through automatically.

Is anyone seriously suggesting slovakia will beat russia when russia only need a draw against them. Slovakia are a s*** team.

Slovakia beat them in Moscow and deservedly so. Russia are not the same side on their travels and the Eastern European countries tend to raise their game against them. Slovaks obviously had a bit of a nightmare tonight but they are a much better side than that. To be honest we probably made the Russians look better than they actually are today.

TacadoirArdMhacha

The Armenians are 4 up now. Magnificent news from Bratislava. I think Wales might have given them a similarly spanking in the the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

The key match now is Slovakia v Russia. We'll presume Ireland beat Andorra that night.

If Slovakia beat Russia - two Ireland victories would put them top of the group and therefore through automatically.

Is anyone seriously suggesting slovakia will beat russia when russia only need a draw against them. Slovakia are a s*** team.

Slovakia beat them in Russia so its not inconceivable that they could provide a shock at home, particularly given that their playoff hopes depend on it.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

spuds

7th Sept, 2010 Russia 0-1 Slovakia
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

cicfada

Is Dunne out of the Armenia match with a  yellow card?? Big loss if he is!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: cicfada on September 06, 2011, 09:33:06 PM

No, he misses the trip to Andorra
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

Little Liechtentein had 11 Richard Dunnes tonight for the first half an hour against Spain. One down now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: cicfada on September 06, 2011, 09:33:06 PM
no the andorra game, which knowing Ireland will be no cake walk
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

INDIANA

Quote from: spuds on September 06, 2011, 09:32:16 PM

Dont see it myself. I'd be more worried about the armenians doing us at home considering our inability to score. I'd take 0-0 against armenia now.

spuds

Quote from: INDIANA on September 06, 2011, 09:37:30 PM
Quote from: spuds on September 06, 2011, 09:32:16 PM

Dont see it myself. I'd be more worried about the armenians doing us at home considering our inability to score. I'd take 0-0 against armenia now.

Slovakia Russia match on 7th October, day we play Andorra away. Our match with Armenia on 11th October so required result for that match will be a lot clearer at that stage. More than likely will need the 2 wins regardless so would be crazy to take the draw IMO.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

From the Bunker

Once again we are in a mad group where we could end up Winning the group or finishing 4th........Crazy! Still it's a great place to be in, having alot of the outcomes in our own hands. Andorra being our second last game sets us up nicely! If we go ahead early, (the more important) players can (hopefully) be rested for the Armenia game 4 days later.

under the bar

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...